chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Millwall (A/L) ****

Ah and all those who were creaming that Gibson was back to his best last week take a bow, as I was ridiculed when I said his 1 decent game in 10! Normal Gibson is back 

• Like 1

This is the problem with Gibson and Hanley. Generally very good centre halves for this level, but each of them have got a howler in them far, far too often.

Hanley headers it straight up in the air again. And Gibson nearly takes Hanley out rather than Bradshaw. What a calamitous lot our CBs are.

Frustrating because we were actually defending well until then but we can't go a few games without a howler at the back, just hope this doesn't knock us too much.

That's awful from Gibson. He completely vacated his post then went to ground when he could easily have stayed with his man. All he achieved was preventing Hanley from getting back. A poor individual error. 

Our defence has been awful far too often this season - we’ve conceded an astonishing number of goals that would embarrass the guys on my local rec. 

• Like 1

Gibson's problem is that he's probably a DLP masquerading as a centre-half. He hardly ever wins tackles - tries to intercept his way in and start marching up the pitch to break presses.

Can see why Dyche didn't rate him enough now.

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

Our defence has been awful far too often this season - we’ve conceded an astonishing number of goals that would embarrass the guys on my local rec. 

I just hope we don't fluke going up. It would be a complete nightmare

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

If Smith had started this lineup there would have riots

So far this is a smith performance

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

We’ve had the virtually the same defence for years now it wasn’t good the first time we went up and it’s no where near good enough now. Massive failure on the part of our sporting director. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

If Smith had started this lineup there would have riots

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the team selection. The only slightly questionable thing is Idah on the left. We've basically dominated the game but Millwall are packing the defence and hoofing it long at every opportunity.