It seems like they hate us because we keep getting promoted and relegated so "epitomise everything wrong with modern football" and "over inflate the championship", so obviously it's out consistent spending beyond our means funded by a sugar daddy and massive transfer fees we constantly pay that's the problem ...

• Haha 2

The six fingers stuff is pretty boring isn't it.

They also singled out the drummer, probably best for him that the drum was denied permission to this game.

"please win this against this over inflated ruiners of the championship"

" really hate Norwich. They epitomise everything that is wrong with modern football. "

"Payback this one for Mick Hucknall scoring against us"

🤣

31 minutes ago, Satriales said:

They also singled out the drummer, probably best for him that the drum was denied permission to this game.

It's about as boring and overplayed as us calling Millwall fans a bunch of fat, balding, express and sun reading ugly stone island wearing britian first loving racist thugs. I mean sure what I just said might be true but thankfuly the whole "six fingers" thing about us is not.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Haha 1

There's always stereo-typing in football; we're guilty of it ourselves, see the Sheff Utd thread and the ongoing scouse/Liverpool bashing which usually happens at times.

Their view on our finances is interesting, even if factually wrong in respect of us, but Parachute payments remain an issue for the competitiveness of the Championship with the top 2 running away with it.

Edited by Capt. Pants

Who cares - there’s decent folk and morons supporting all sides.  Unless you’re a glory-hunting tosspot it is mostly by virtue of family or where you were born/raised that determines who you support.

• Like 1

Millwall - Bermondsey = cowboy territory. I wouldnt listen too much to people who havent ventured out of Bermondsey all their lifes.

Edited by jaberry2

Will make it even better when we beat them and those on their forum that have little other than hatred can go home and suffer once more.

21 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Who cares - there’s decent folk and morons supporting all sides.  Unless you’re a glory-hunting tosspot it is mostly by virtue of family or where you were born/raised that determines who you support.

There is statistically more morons supporting Millwall though and that plays out pretty regularly season after season.

• Like 1

The thread doesn't seem full of hate to me just a couple of fans mouthing off and having a laugh. Nothing wrong with some friendly banter. I see they've linked our thread here to their thread there. Everyone say hello and remember to wave your 6 fingers at them especially their girlfriends.

• Like 3

You should try going there accompanying a Brighton supporter! When Hughton was in charge too! Oh my life! 'Six Fingers' and 'Turnip Shagger' was utterly lame compared to what they called the Brighton Fans. 

1 minute ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I forgot to ask. What is the Mick Hucknall reference about? 

I think it’s that Sargent scored against them in the home game.

Edited by Branston Pickle
Sp
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

I think Sargent it’s that scored against them in the home game.

Gotta be. Can't be anything else.

3 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I think it’s that Sargent scored against them in the home game.

That would no doubt leave Josh looking completely bewildered. 

3 hours ago, cornish sam said:

It seems like they hate us because we keep getting promoted and relegated so "epitomise everything wrong with modern football" and "over inflate the championship", so obviously it's out consistent spending beyond our means funded by a sugar daddy and massive transfer fees we constantly pay that's the problem ...

Odd, since we got promoted INITIALLY without parachute payments, and odder still since our owners are worth about £20m while their owner is a multimillionaire who has pumped more than £100m into the club to offset losses. Another £13m last season.

Edited by PurpleCanary
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Odd, since we got promoted without parachute payments, and odder still since our owners are worth about £20m while their owner is a multimillionaire who has pumped more than £100m into the club to offset losses. Another £13m last season.

I do get why other teams are a bit resentful- it must be frustrating. I just wish they recognised situations like ours are the symptom, not the cause and directed their anger in the correct direction.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, king canary said:

I do get why other teams are a bit resentful- it must be frustrating. I just wish they recognised situations like ours are the symptom, not the cause and directed their anger in the correct direction.

I dont personally, because their revetment disappears as soon as they get promoted and get the benefit.

I find it bizarre we are held responsible by some fans for daring to get promoted without a billionaire owner pumping money in every 2 minutes.

• Like 1

I can see why other clubs don't like us much, we're a bit squeaky clean, do everything by the book, self-sustainability comes first, and apparently happy to dip between divisions.  With this, we've become more like spectators at a paid event, and now got a drummer to try and build atmosphere as a result.

I've never known to be sat around so many cynical supporters before this season, half of them you wonder why they even turn up.

So I totally get it, and also hate how dead we've become too if i'm honest.  We're all practically bored of this up and down ourselves and just walked into the season expecting to go straight up because of it - as a result we've lost the ability to appreciate whats around us, and what we have here compared to other clubs.

And yes, it is very much a reflection of the modern game, as said above we're more a result of that environment, although we are also setting a standard for others to follow, too.

What can you do though, we're all watching it evolve into an americanised style franchise, spectator sport.  People complain about the cost of tickets, lights, food and drink before they do about the atmosphere.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, king canary said:

Exactly this

3 hours ago, Satriales said:

Yes as wherever you are in the country stereotypes exist and most just laugh it off.

I don't really believe that if I stop at a red light in Liverpool my car wheels will disappear or that Yorkshire men all wear flat caps and keep a pet whippet down their trouser leg.

I did meet a six fingered woman once but she was a West Indian nurse in a London hospital who'd probably never heard of Norfolk.

4 hours ago, Satriales said:

When people used to say oh Norfolk you have six fingers 

i used to say " ah yes but you wait till you hear how good i can play a Banjo  "

• Like 1

1 hour ago, king canary said:

Always funny that they claim we are 'using parachute money to buy the leauge!' Yet ignore that we have one of the cheapest squads in the top six and that are owners are worth just 20 million meaning we also have the poorest owners in the league too..

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

31 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

or that Yorkshire men all wear flat caps and keep a pet whippet down their trouser leg.

I presume you mean ferret? 

27 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Yes as wherever you are in the country stereotypes exist and most just laugh it off.

I don't really believe that if I stop at a red light in Liverpool my car wheels will disappear or that Yorkshire men all wear flat caps and keep a pet whippet down their trouser leg.

I did meet a six fingered woman once but she was a West Indian nurse in a London hospital who'd probably never heard of Norfolk.

This reminds me of the last time I went to see us play at Everton and we stopped in Liverpool to fill up before the game.  At the petrol station you had to get your credit card authorised at the till before you could put petrol in the car.  So presumably people filling up and driving off without paying is a real problem there.  I remember one of my friends in the car pointed to the sign and said "Welcome to Liverpool !".

So I don't really believe all Liverpool fans are thieves living on benefits nor do I actually think all Millwall fans are thugs.  But ....

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Always funny that they claim we are 'using parachute money to buy the leauge!' Yet ignore that we have one of the cheapest squads in the top six and that are owners are worth just 20 million meaning we also have the poorest owners in the league too..

And more importantly we have already spent the parachute money on trying to stay in the EPL! We haven't a pot to **** in unless Attanasio invests in one way or another.

• Like 1

Just now, It's Character Forming said:

I think either is acceptable ?

Well, aside from one being small weasels that are able to fit down a trouser leg and the other being a medium-sized dog....

• Haha 4