Canary Jedi

No PA at Carrow Road 😀

No deafening music, no orchestrated OTBC, no cringey half time commentary of the zorb nonsense, no goal music.

Same again please 😁

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

No goal music, 100%. So dated. I actually put this as something that needs to go on a recent city elite survey. 

This. I’ve been saying this for years. The goal music is dreadful. 

Definitely preferred having no PA. Raw crowd noise, no crappy and cringy chant starting, no stupidly loud music ahead of kickoff. Wish it was like it every week!

• Like 1

That PA guy is so annoying, needs sacking.

We don’t need to know that todays corner flags are sponsored by kettle chips

Nobody cares about what todays goullden ghouuul lucky number is. Never known anybody who’s ever played it.

If there’s a fire follow everyone else, no need to remind us every 5 minutes

Zorb ball thing was far more entertaining with no stupid asides from captain clipboard 

people payed more attention to subs and time added

just all round better. Keep it.

Just now, essex canary said:

Some advantages but perhaps also a Health and Safety issue? 

“The chimes you’ve just heard blah blah blah yackety shmackety, take instructions from the nearest sterrrrrrrrd”

Yawn, boring. Don’t need Rihanna at full blast or whatever either 😂

Going to go against the grain here and say that I missed it. I thought before the game that it would be a nice change, and I certainly didn't miss the same old pre-match playlist of Giant and Freed From Desire at full blast, but it just seemed weird without it. A combination of no PA and no drum just caused everything to feel a bit subdued.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

No goal music, 100%. So dated. I actually put this as something that needs to go on a recent city elite survey. 

Bad tactics. We all have to say how much we love the goal music and the PA and then Webber will get rid of it just to spite us. 😉

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Going to go against the grain here and say that I missed it. I thought before the game that it would be a nice change, and I certainly didn't miss the same old pre-match playlist of Giant and Freed From Desire at full blast, but it just seemed weird without it. A combination of no PA and no drum just caused everything to feel a bit subdued.

STANDING IN THE HALL OF FAAAAAAAMMMEEEEEEEE

29 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I also missed it,  I did wonder if it was a H and S issue without it

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

No samba de janero on the day two brazillians score? Crime

The irony of it all

• Like 1

Loads better without the cheesy announcer and rubbish music.

Someone cut the wires again in two week's time, please.

• Like 2

It was a return to football, without the 1950's holiday camp style announcements and 'razzamatazz'. Even the spotty youths in the corner 'might' have watched some of the game today, rather than gesturing to the away fans. And leaping about in the gangway like it was a revivalist meeting in the deep south. Long may it continue.

• Like 1

No noise from the PA, = tinpot.

Deafened by the no noise from the Barclay Boys. Where were they 2nd half, totally outsung by the Snake Pit.

Possible H&S issue in the event of a fire, but not rocket science how to evacuate the stadium.

It was a throwback to the 70s and 80s. I loved it!

2 weeks time

”Alrightyroo everyone welcome backarino to Carrow Road, let’s get a big old team cheer. Shabba!”

-Captain Clipboard Announcey man

Would have liked it today. 

So much is given to noise being part of entertainment -  PA, loud music and noise is just something people get conditioned to and they feel something is missing if that "noise" isn't there. When it isn't there people have a choice, either just sit quietly and not do anything about it, or react by generating some noise of their own making.  After the initial cheer for the goal, I still find the clapping to naff music afterwards a bit weird......but then maybe that's because I'm a bit weird.......  

Just now, lake district canary said:

I still find the clapping to naff music afterwards a bit weird......but then maybe that's because I'm a bit weird....... 

a 'bit' ?  😉

Lower Barclay clearly missed the drum today, they were lost.

Bring back the drum! Ditch the PA and the halftime 'entertainment'.

• Sad 1

Very poor atmosphere today, before, during and the subdued after match celebrations.

Back to normal please v Sunderland.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Very poor atmosphere today, before, during and the subdued after match celebrations.

Back to normal please v Sunderland.

I mean the rain was driving in first half and the wind was pretty bitter but I’m sure the conditions were much better watching on the radio.

btw this is everyone’s cue to say how cold it used to be back in the day and how you used to walk to the ground uphill in both directions with no shoes on etc etc

• Haha 1