Sign in to follow this  
chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Wigan (A/L) ****

Thank god for Gunn. Such a nervous defence in front of him. We've been as sloppy as I've seen. Only one positive is that we cannot be as bad second half!

As for our formation, I'm at the game and I can't work it out! It appears we only have Sara in the centre. We are not controlling the match as a result. No connection. 

Sort it  at HT Wagner.

Edited by sonyc

Just now, Dean Coneys boots said:

Steady on. It’s equally rubbish. Bottom line is we need a Major clear out as too many of this squad are not doing it anymore. 
CDM, CB x2, are essential.  But if last few windowns are anything to judge - we might not be so lucky. Just look at loans- so little return. What was the point of Hayden? What is the point so far of Marquinhos? Etc etc 

Fair point, the team is so inconsistent, too many under performing players. As soon as we face a team who get in our faces and press us we fold under the pressure - fundamental problems in the set up and capabilities in this squad.

What The Hell is going on? The whole team looks like they've taken sleeping tablets.

I said earlier I' d been impressed by Millwall & SheffU's energy. Either of those would slaughter us. In fact any professional team would be better than us at the moment. Absobloodylutely awful. A disgrace.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Helsinki canary said:

Fair point, the team is so inconsistent, too many under performing players. As soon as we face a team who get in our faces and press us we fold under the pressure - fundamental problems in the set up and capabilities in this squad.

Yeah this is why I wasn't getting carried away post Hull. We played well but they played in a way that suits us down to the ground. 

• Like 1

Too many mistakes,giving the ball away and poor decisions.

Couldn't complain if we were three goals down

Still feels a bit like we have a few square pegs in round holes to me. Dowell is a good player but looks most effective when he comes central, I'm not sure what playing both Sargent and Idah is offering. Sara looks too isolated in midfield and isn't composed enough to be IMO. Omobamidele and Hanley are both good defenders but neither are particularly good at finding a pass to someone forward.

7 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

What The Hell is going on? The whole team looks like they've taken sleeping tablets.

I said earlier I' d been impressed by Millwall & SheffU's energy. Either of those would slaughter us. In fact any professional team would be better than us at the moment. Absobloodylutely awful. A disgrace.

Millwall are a seriously underrated team (mainly by many on this forum). I refer those to the current league table. 

I think the problem is that the players we are relying on to play key roles in this system are all very inconsistent.

Kenny has played well generally under Wagner but we know he has a couple of sloppy passes a game in him. Ditto Hanley. Same with Dimi. Sara showing promise at times but also can disappear from games. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pyro Pete said:

Hanley heads wide.

99 times out of a hundred…..Hanley heads wide…

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Robert N. LiM said:

This is his campaign slogan

It's usually over the bar to be fair. Wide is a nice change of pace.

• Haha 6

Just now, unique said:

Daniel Farke’s Borussia 3 - Bayern Munich 1

It's amazing just how classic Farke that season is going. Great results against top teams, against lesser teams getting 70% possession but losing.

• Like 1