22 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Have won all of their last eight League games, ACN anyone ?

And along came Norwich 🙂

I'm very hopeful of this one.

Was pretty shocked in the away game how much better they were than us. Can't think of the last time we were so outclassed in this division. If we can even match them on Saturday then I think we can get pretty excited about what we're capable of under Wagner.

• Like 1

Regardless of the result, if we put on a strong, positive performance then that would suggest we are moving in the right direction under Wagner. I mean, I hope we go 3 nil up within 20 minutes again but probably unlikely against Burnley!

• Like 2

The away game demonstrated that after 7 yrs of Dyche football, it took Kompany 4 months to outfootball us. That was the damage Dean Smith had done to us.

That said ,in the end we should have got a point there

10 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Can we be a bit positive please. Two four goal away wins against anyone is enough to make me confident.

3-1 Norwich City.  

• Like 2

I'm positive. I don't think our last two performances were either flukes or just the result of "new manager bounce."

I believe that the Smith reign had become so stagnant with such sterile football that they were the inevitable result of a release from this by a bunch of talented footballers who had lost direction.

A team widely picked as favourites to win the league by most pundits before the season began.

For sure, Wagner seems to be the right personality to effect this to the maximum, so I genuinely believe that we have entered a new chapter of living up to expectations. 

I anticipate a good run from now on.

Saturday the 4th. will reveal whether I am being too optimistic. The best possible test, I suppose, but they are far from invincible.

Edited by BroadstairsR

Can't wait to see the rejuvenated lads at home. 

Really impressed with what Wagner has managed to do in the short time he's been with us. 

Roll on Saturday. We should fear no-one now.

Mac

2 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

I'm positive. I don't think our last two performances were either flukes or just the result of "new manager bounce."

I believe that the Smith reign had become so stagnant with such sterile football that they were the inevitable result of a release from this by a bunch of talented footballers who had lost direction.

A team widely picked as favourites to win the league by most pundits before the season began.

For sure, Wagner seems to be the right personality to effect this to the maximum, so I genuinely believe that we have entered a new chapter of living up to expectations. 

I anticipate a good run from now on.

Tomorrow will reveal whether I am being too optimistic. The best possible test, I suppose, but they are far from invincible.

What’s happening tomorrow?

• Haha 1

It's nice to actually look forward to watching the football at Carrow Road again.

Rather than turning up expecting to be disappointed.

9 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

You’re using ACN the wrong way round…

I think the idea is that we are the side others end runs against, both good and bad….it’s baloney anyway, so doesn’t really make a lot of difference. 

It's Burnley not Barcelona!

We're not usually great after a break but hopefully Wagner will have them in the right mindset.

It's Wagner's first big test as to whether 'his style' is competitive against a footballing team. I think we will do very well.

Can't wait for the game.

1 hour ago, It's Character Forming said:

LOL not many of those players will be starting on Saturday !

.... true,but if we lose, the binboys will be claiming some sort of moral victory.....

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

I think the idea is that we are the side others end runs against, both good and bad….it’s baloney anyway, so doesn’t really make a lot of difference. 

Yes the whole ACN thing is nonsense, any sort of run comes to an end in football and we only notice it when it's "ACN".

Burnley are probably the best team in the division hence a good challenge at this point to see how we look against a better team after Wagner has had a little time to settle in and a team that looked much better than us last time we played them.  Burnley 

I agree completely we shouldn't fear anyone in this division, we have as good a squad as anyone I think.

This season will not be defined by how we get on against Burnley or Sheff Utd, it will be our overall results that decide whether we get in the playoffs or not, we're well placed but there are a lot of teams in the mix.

We are not going to win the rest of our games this season, there will be draws and defeats too, but let's hope not on Saturday !

Me and Mrs R have just tested positive for Covid. Won't be there Saturday by the look of things😥

• Sad 2

27 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

Sorry to hear that and hope it's not too bad.

Like flu so far. Ive had all my jabs so should be able to ward off the worst of it according to the Quacks. Will be isolating all this week.

Last two performances very encouraging.  Hoping for a positive result but Burnley are a formidable attacking force as opposed to City's defensive propensities.

7 hours ago, ricardo said:

Like flu so far. Ive had all my jabs so should be able to ward off the worst of it according to the Quacks. Will be isolating all this week.

Is this your first infection?

10 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Is this your first infection?

Yes, have dodged it until now.

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

Well look after yourself and hurry back as I always enjoy your reports .

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

Look after yourself Ricardo, and your other half. There’s a lot of it about it seems.

13A4CE1F-0334-4AE5-A311-70A863ACFA42.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, ricardo said:

Me and Mrs R have just tested positive for Covid. Won't be there Saturday by the look of things😥

I had it over Christmas and New Year. It wasn't very nice at all and took 10 days before I got a clear test. South Norfolk figures have trebled in the last 10 days so the attendance on Saturday may be affected. 

Hope you get well soon. Are you going to do a report from your settee? 

• Thanks 1