Sign in to follow this  
PockthorpePete

Our lack of right backs could get even worse (or not)

It would be a massive blow just as we are switching to a system that suits him. You can’t keep selling best players and replacing them with average ones and expect to succeed 

It would be sad to see him go, I would not begrudge him the move he has been a top professional.  I just hope he doesn’t leave.

• Like 1

I fear it is inevitable, hopefully not till the summer. He was excellent v Preston. Though I do wonder why 'European Giants; might be interested in the shorty that is Max.

If he's gonna go anywhere abroad, why not to the coach who gave him his break and knows his game inside out?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

If he's gonna go anywhere abroad, why not to the coach who gave him his break and knows his game inside out?

Because after he plays a few games like he played on Saturday they wouldn't be able to afford him

He Deserves the move for sure model pro 

he all depends how his fee is spent we get 2/3 players all turn out to be good including a RB then it will be fantastic

or we totally waste it like Emi money 

30 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Love the guy fantastic servent great player but we all know he's going nowhere with us and we seem to have a great backup ready and waiting in Mumba so..

Exactly, he’s a top professional, whether it’s this window or the summer window, he won’t be here next season. We will be getting a big chunk of cash from his sale & we have a ready made replacement in Mumba. I would wish Max nothing but the best for his future, wherever that may be. 

I would probably

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Love the guy fantastic servant great player but we all know he's going nowhere with us and we seem to have a great backup ready and waiting in Mumba so..

I would probably say the best servant to our club ive seen in my life as a supporter   which goes back to the 70's   a serious weapon as parma would say

Edited by mastoola

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Love the guy fantastic servent great player but we all know he's going nowhere with us and we seem to have a great backup ready and waiting in Mumba so..

If even the Plymouth manager is suggesting that Mumba has a lot to learn defensively then I not sure he is the right back replacement.

From the limited amount I've seen of him I think his future lies further forward.

But as others have said, I wouldn't begrudge Max a good move.  Model pro.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Barham Blitz said:

If even the Plymouth manager is suggesting that Mumba has a lot to learn defensively then I not sure he is the right back replacement.

From the limited amount I've seen of him I think his future lies further forward.

But as others have said, I wouldn't begrudge Max a good move.  Model pro.

Cheers Blitzo  , i too would be surprised to see him used at right back. He's too attack minded.( as backed up by plymouth manager). 

• Like 1

I also think Mumba needs concerting into a winger next season - he is great in attack but iffy in defence. Then sign a RB. Let Aarons depart in the summer as he has earned it. 

• Like 1

Unless we're talking silly money it doesn't make sense to sell in this window.

If we are going to play the way Wagner seems to want us to then there's every possibility Aarons finishes the season in significantly better form than he started it - his value would therefore rise.

Well, I don't want him to leave but, just to play devil's advocate, I guess that it is possible that Webber feels "burned" by the Cantwell experience and not cashing in on him when the opportunity was there so he may feel now is the right time to sell Max.

Not suggesting for a moment that the personal situations are in any way the same but if there is a list of clubs who do want to buy him in this window and Webber can get a little bit of an auction going, he may feel that it is the right thing to do.  

I think Max has shown unbelievable loyalty and his behaviour has  been exemplary (esp compared to say Cantwell and Rashica).

And for that reason, even though it is totally against our own interest, I would let him go if a really decent club came in for him with a decent offer.

It would be unfair of us to again block his move and he deserves better.

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

brittt.png

Big hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Doesn't look like a "Webber" signing to me, can't believe this is true unless they are plugging the gap until Mumba comes in next season

10 minutes ago, AJ said:

Doesn't look like a "Webber" signing to me, can't believe this is true unless they are plugging the gap until Mumba comes in next season

Nevermind the fact he has a name that sounds like a fake English sounding name an indian call centre scammer would use when calling you 😂 Just don't buy it. 30? Only played in non league and the championship? And he's tipped to be Aarons replacement? Unless he's supposed to just come in on loan or for one season until we buy a proper relplacemet for Aarons I don't see it.

36 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Nevermind the fact he has a name that sounds like a fake English sounding name an indian call centre scammer would use when calling you 😂 Just don't buy it. 30? Only played in non league and the championship? And he's tipped to be Aarons replacement? Unless he's supposed to just come in on loan or for one season until we buy a proper relplacemet for Aarons I don't see it.

Only played in non league and the championship? ,😉👍🤔🤫

Tommy was named as Huddersfield's permanent Club Captain in 2017 and went on to make 39 appearances for the Club in the top flight. Tommy's proven leadership qualities and experience attracted interest from Stoke City who he joined on a three-year deal in Summer 2019.