Sign in to follow this  
chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v PNE (A/L) ****

36 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

I've not been posting much this season BC (for various reasons) so it's good to hear my input has raised a smile today! 👍

OTBC

Top man - some here would do well to follow your lead - quality rather than quantity

OTBC

56 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

I've not been posting much this season BC (for various reasons) so it's good to hear my input has raised a smile today! 👍

OTBC

I see it's already been stolen for Facebook, presuming it's not you who posted it on there. 

7 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

I see it's already been stolen for Facebook, presuming it's not you who posted it on there. 

No, not guilty on that one. I've not been on Facebook for about 10 years.

OTBC

Really happy for Wagner and the team and me. 

I am also happy that we had that cup game for Wagner to assess what we had, sort of makes sense the way he went about that, it was like a free hit as such, and I assume that's why he put out a team of regulars.

3 minutes ago, Daz Sparks said:

I am also happy that we had that cup game for Wagner to assess what we had, sort of makes sense the way he went about that, it was like a free hit as such, and I assume that's why he put out a team of regulars.

Yeah was actually handy to have, effectively, a mid-season pre-season friendly.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, pete said:

Tompkinson on bench for Stevenage a club with a fit CB's.  Dowell out to prove he is as useless as normal.  Nailed on 0-0 today.

😉

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

Dean Smith is going to go down as the worst manager in modern times for city, and there’s been some pretty stiff Competition 

Didn’t realise you were too young to remember Peter Grant or Bryan Gunn.

1 minute ago, PurpleCanary said:

Or Roeder.

At least Grant and Gunn were likeable and cared about the club, the fans and it's players. 

Edited by chicken
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

I'm not at all convinced that Grant would have done any worse with this squad, plus he had the decency to walk without compo.

Gunn I'll give you, he couldn't even organise a proper pre-season. 

26 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Deano did you wrong bro

he’s the worst ever, just glad everyone realised it… eventuuuuualy

2 hours ago, Daz Sparks said:

Without wishing to sound like Dean Smith, it's also good he had a couple of away games first up in the league to keep expectations nice and low. By the time he gets back to CR, he'll have had a decent amount of time with the squad.

10 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Deano did you wrong bro

he’s the worst ever, just glad everyone realised it… eventuuuuualy

Gunn was worse. 

He couldn't even organise a pre-season, didn't we beat a Sunday league team 16-0 because he thought we were booking somebody else. 

And he signed our worst ever goalkeeper, despite being a former Premier League goalkeeper. How do you even manage that, couldn't write it.

Will always be Roeder for me. He really stank the club out. Managed the impressive combination of acting like he was far too good for us and being useless. For all his failings, Smith seemed like a much nicer guy. 

Gunny is probably objectively the worst but I loved him so much as a player I've long forgiven him.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Gunn was worse. 

He couldn't even organise a pre-season, didn't we beat a Sunday league team 16-0 because he thought we were booking somebody else. 

And he signed our worst ever goalkeeper, despite being a former Premier League goalkeeper. How do you even manage that, couldn't write it.

Gunn signed Grant Holt. That alone makes him better than Dean “was he even conscious” Smith

15 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Gunn was worse. 

Probably a bad day to mention that Gunn won his first game 4-1 (iirc) in a scintillating display of gung-ho football that made it seem we'd 'got our club back' after the misery of the Roeder years.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Gunn was worse. 

I believe Crook was the one that recommended Theoklitis? Having been a coach down under?

Enjoyed this game more than any this season.  A good positive start, excited to  see where this goes now 

I arrived back to Radio Norfolk territory to hear Canary Call but apart from that have just seen the goals. A couple of callers said the style was more Lambert than Farke. Is that a reasonable assessment? 

Love the small bits of Mark Rivers commentary. He sounded very excited.