Sign in to follow this  
Justin time

CANOS anyone?

He's basically Onel but 4 years younger. The sale of him was a pretty obvious example of the club's short term thinking before Webber came in. We signed a 19 year old and then sold him 6 months later and then signed Yanic Wildschut for at least twice the price.

• Like 2

What is the obsession with bringing players back in some form? Robins, Martin, Redmond, canos, Pritchard are just the ones I can think of this year!

People move on and generally for a good reason. Is it just a Norwich thing or are all fans that crazy?!

• Like 5

Only had one really good Championship season, perhaps two if being kind. He is still only 25, but can't say he'd be worth what Brentford likely want for him

He's obviously a good player, and we need a playmaker (seeing as Cantwell didn't fancy stepping up).

So in principle I wouldn't be against.

Just got a feeling that his wage demands might he a bit out of our reach? 

You'd have thought that if he were happy to play for bog standard Championship money he'd fancy having a crack at one of the smaller La Liga clubs?

16 minutes ago, hogesar said:

He is still only 25, but can't say he'd be worth what Brentford likely want for him

Out of contract in the summer, so presume neglible fee in January

Wages could be the sticking point though?

He's kind of reinvented himself as a wingback- if Wagner wanted to play a back 3 then I'd take him, especially if Aarons left.

19 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Only had one really good Championship season, perhaps two if being kind. He is still only 25, but can't say he'd be worth what Brentford likely want for him

He's proven himself as a more than capable player at this level and even that he can do a job in the top flight which is more than 90% of our squad can say.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, The Raptor said:

What is the obsession with bringing players back in some form? Robins, Martin, Redmond, canos, Pritchard are just the ones I can think of this year!

People move on and generally for a good reason. Is it just a Norwich thing or are all fans that crazy?!

I’m not crazy I just happened to like him as a player.

29 minutes ago, king canary said:

He's kind of reinvented himself as a wingback- if Wagner wanted to play a back 3 then I'd take him, especially if Aarons left.

That describes Jacob Murphy as well.

Surely he'll be available soon, with their levels of investment.

Using capitals makes his name look like some kind of organisation that James Bond has got to infiltrate.  I like it!

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Using capitals makes his name look like some kind of organisation that James Bond has got to infiltrate.  I like it!

CANOS - The man with the golden gun.

( could be Parmas next weapon)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Out of contract in the summer, so presume neglible fee in January

Wages could be the sticking point though?

Didn't know he was out of contract, that does change things to be fair.

58 minutes ago, king canary said:

He's proven himself as a more than capable player at this level and even that he can do a job in the top flight which is more than 90% of our squad can say.

I think job in the top flight is a bit of a stretch. Many don't claim Todd was actually anywhere near prem level and just benefited from Emi. Without looking I think Todd had better numbers than Canos and clearly in a much poorer functioning team.

A player who didn't get the first team opportunities he deserved. I think him Madison and Godfrey all played in an u-23 game I went to and absolutely bossed it, I think we won 8-1 or something. At the time it seemed incredible he wasn't starting for the first team. I should imagine he probably felt hard done by in his time with us, don't think he'd want to come back even if we were interested.

I’m not a great lover of bringing players back, it rarely works out well. Much rather go after young talent from our youth set up than spend big on wages.

The issue is we don’t have the European market to raid for young talent anymore thanks to Brexit!

3 hours ago, The Raptor said:

I would bring Harry Kane back, but many say he is the worst player to ever pull on a Norwich shirt, so probably wouldn’t work out.

He has liked class in this division for Brentford and better than anyone else we have at moment so I’d be interested 

3 hours ago, hogesar said:

Didn't know he was out of contract, that does change things to be fair.

I think job in the top flight is a bit of a stretch. Many don't claim Todd was actually anywhere near prem level and just benefited from Emi. Without looking I think Todd had better numbers than Canos and clearly in a much poorer functioning team.

It's not close to a stretch. He made 25 starts for a team that finished 13th, while largely playing as wingback, hence the limited goals or assists.

Sometimes it's worth looking beyond 'the numbers.' 

4 hours ago, Google Bot said:

Hmm, maybe we could persuade SPECTRE to invest instead of Mark Attanasio. They surely have more dosh than he does. 

Or perhaps this guy? I think we already know how much he’d invest.

2D87894C-E8F7-432E-97F0-CAB739D46D6F.jpeg

Edited by Nuff Said

He's probably a good high end championship winger who probably can't translate the attacking output to the PL hence he ends up playing WB. Granted I think Brentford play a sort of 5-3-2 so he might've been hamstrung by that and forced into the WB role. Either way if he's on a free I imagine there will be plenty of top flight sides across Europe willing to take a chance.