Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

***official lappinitup FAcup thread V B'burnRovers***

1 minute ago, kenfoggo said:

Hanley should really have not made such a schoolboy error with the amount of practice that he has had passing backwards under Dean Smith. Outrageously bad especially from the man who is supposed to be a leader. Hanley could not lead a horse to water.

Absolutely, hopefully Wagner appoints a new captain too. Hanley it really should not be. 

• Like 1

Read that Wagner approach is the ideal way to get Norwich moving the right way.  If we needed a Wagner why go down the Smith route?  Webber has much to answer but will he too many acolytes on the board.

9 minutes ago, king canary said:

It's incredible that despite our defence being poor for an extended period and him being the one constant, he never gets dropped.

Gibson and Omobamidele soon.

Please.

Need some defensive signings this window!

2 minutes ago, 7HAR1980 said:

Why should he need to link up with another central player? Especially when he's so deep. He has enough players around him to link up with.

Because he's isolated. He needs a midfield partner to pull the opposition players about, otherwise they can mark him out of the game - hence the defence not having a pass on and going back to Krul. Then, when out of possession, it's simple to pass around him.

2 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

Need some defensive signings this window!

You'll be lucky... Unless selling teams accept dust as payment... I would say chickens but we can't afford a chicken to send. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Petriix said:

Because he's isolated. He needs a midfield partner to pull the opposition players about, otherwise they can mark him out of the game - hence the defence not having a pass on and going back to Krul. Then, when out of possession, it's simple to pass around him.

This is exactly what Blackburn did against us in the league a couple of weeks ago ...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

If you notice, AO goes wide when Krul has possession and Kenny drops central. Its  a tactic to try and bring somebody other than a CB into possession.

The problem is that Nunez and Sara are not good enough at the moment and I wonder if they ever will be.

There's no need to drop into a central defensive position in that scenario.

It invites more pressure in the most dangerous area of the pitch.

McLean is trying to play as a deep lying playmaker and we simply do not need one of those right now.

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

The very best of B.J. Thomas. It sucked.

• Haha 1

Wonder if Blackburn fans are cracking any "Agent Hanley" quips like we did when Declan Rudd let a soft one in against us when he played for Preston?

If we play better in the second half, the concern is we will equalise and have to head up north to play this lot again in a replay 🙄

• Like 1

Not the worst half, but once again a feeble concession.  I do wish Onel had a bit more of an end product, the number of times he gets into dangerous positions is fantastic but without the final ball.

Wagner has been in for two days. If a defeat here with no points at stake helps to show him what needs to be done then that might be a good thing in the long run.....

Big half time talk here because that was bloody dreadful. 

Bloody cold and got utterly soaked in that half too.

Got to be better in the 2nd half

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Petriix said:

I have no problem with our supposed holding midfielder being marked out of the game as long as he's doing the job of blocking the opposition of coming through the middle. Maybe he should concentrate on the one job first.

5 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Not the worst half, but once again a feeble concession.  I do wish Onel had a bit more of an end product, the number of times he gets into dangerous positions is fantastic but without the final ball.

Onel's driving me bonkers. So much ability & then he panics.

Edited by ron obvious

13 minutes ago, The Bristol Nest said:

He didn't have anyone for the goal. We had a high attacking line and nothing in between.

That's exactly my point. He was far too deep which left even more of a gap between defence and attack.

8 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

pink%20wafer.jpg?w=700&dpr=1.0

OTBC

Ive just lost half a ginger nut in the cup.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 7HAR1980 said:

That's exactly my point. He was far too deep which left even more of a gap between defence and attack.

I see what you mean but I wonder whether DW may look at a double pivot to pull the midfield in a bit more defensively over time as this isn't working.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Onel's driving me bonkers. So much ability & then he panics.

I posted this before but hey....