Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

***official lappinitup FAcup thread V B'burnRovers***

Just now, K Lo said:

Yes, Regardless of whether it works out for DW, 1 game isn't enough to instill a new approach or increase fitness levels (I'm obviously no expert but I do suspect that the squad isn't fit enough).

Not fit enough to wear the shirt!

2 minutes ago, unique said:

Sixteen corners and sweet FA to show for it?

Russell sacked in the morning, or is this squad just too inept for anyone to work with?

What happened to the time when players stood on the edge of the area at corners and made a run into the box to meet the ball?

17 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

"Who should we sell to the glue factory?"

OTBC

They take Horses, not Donkeys.

Edited by All the Germans
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, overthebordercanary said:

I said wagner, had a terrible record since leaving Huddersfield.

Was called a liar by terminally yellow. 

Same old **** different cover.

5 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Nobody is getting at Wagner. Its individuals that are letting us down. Hanley for instance.

You so sure about that? ^^

5 minutes ago, BurwellCanary said:

CONFIDENCE AND BELIEVE INJECTIONS NEEDED

Yes, several need putting down

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, JPukks said:

Well a positive is that we are creating more albeit we aren't finishing those chances but that is no fault of Wagner.

Considering he has had only one day with them it is positive that we look more attacking.

That’s true - per bbc it was 26 shots, 10 on target.  Some poor finishing, but creating chances is a positive.  Edit: 20 corners - hardly anything created from any…if one thing is certain our set piece coach needs to walk.

It was yet again a ridiculous goal conceded, which has sadly been par for the course…a long list of errors in defence that other sides just don’t seem to make even at this level.  

Edited by Branston Pickle

Just now, ricardo said:

Yes, several need putting down

Is there a charity shop where you can send footballers no longer needed by their clubs?

Twenty corners?

That sums up how this squad has been assembled with barely a goal scorer amongst them.

The recruitment team should hang their heads in shame.

Ah well....we can now concentrate on the league 😐

...the FA Cup was a distraction 😅

• Haha 3

Poor old Wagner

what are you going to do with that lot?

got to bring the youth in, surely some of them have a bit about them?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

What happened to the time when players stood on the edge of the area at corners and made a run into the box to meet the ball?

Set piece coach. Any decency and he'd resign.

Gotta take your chances when they come. We didn't, and that's why Blackburn deserved to win. Doesn't matter if they were on the back foot more than we were - if you don't get the ball in the net, you'll never deserve to win.

Hopefully Wagner has seen the main reasons for this absolute atrocity of a team. 

Hanley-useless.

Nunez- not good enough

Lack of an out and out winger-embarrassing 

Pukkis waiting to leave, just let him. Get Sargent up there, he’s been better there all season

Aarons-cash in, please.

Those last 2 corners sum things up with our set piece woes, both good deliveries where we seem to win the first header. Both headers though don't go anywhere towards the goal. We're stuck in a weird paradox where Hanley is our best header of the ball and wins his fair share from attacking corners, but he can't get them on goal to save his life.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

That’s true - per bbc it was 26 shots, 10 on target.  Some poor finishing, but creating chances is a positive.

It was yet again a ridiculous goal conceded, which has sadly been par for the course…a long list of errors in defence that other sides just don’t seem to make even at this level.  

Other teams do giveaway soft goals but can also score.

2 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Poor old Wagner

what are you going to do with that lot?

got to bring the youth in, surely some of them have a bit about them?

He puts his hands in his pockets. You should have seen a loss coming

Well, I thought we were okay. Not great, but not nearly as bad as some of the comments on here. Good to see Kenny dropping in between the CBs to allow Max and Dimi to get forward - we've been crying out for attacking threat from our FBs all season. And maybe I'm seeing what I was expecting, but I did think there were early signs of us pressing a bit higher to try and win the ball back, which is presumably what Wagner wants. Obviously you'd want to create more good chances, and convert one of the 768 corners we had, but this is obviously a team lacking in confidence.

I'm gutted we're out of the Cup, was hoping for the late equaliser that would have been the least we deserved from the afternoon, but I think there's something for Wagner to work with here.

• Like 4