11 minutes ago, Badger said:

This morning's Times named him this morning (and nobody else) as under consideration.

I would certainly prefer him to, most of the other names that are supposed to be on our list. Did a great job at Huddersfield and would inject some passion. I'd be happy.

For what my opinion is worth - I totally agree

1 minute ago, mrD66M said:

Hear hear...

I'd argue he knows exactly how it would look so he must be very confident Wagner is capable of making it work here.

Believe me, as my posts show, I am no fan of Stuart Webber. But I think a short-term contract for Wagner would be an elegant solution to the problem we have as a club at the moment. As long as it really is short-term rather than just spaffing yet more money up the wall if it fails.

Edited by canarybubbles

14 minutes ago, Badger said:

This morning's Times named him this morning (and nobody else) as under consideration.

I would certainly prefer him to, most of the other names that are supposed to be on our list. Did a great job at Huddersfield and would inject some passion. I'd be happy.

Who wrote that piece @Badger?

Edited by shefcanary

1 hour ago, Coneys Knee said:

I wouldn’t be against Wagner, but it would leave me questioning Webber.

Hiring Wagner would just look like he had adopted an easy, no effort required recruitment process which would make me question further,  his commitment to us and how much he’s really bothered about succeeding with us. 

What advantages are there  to Webber (or his wife's) career, if it all goes belly up at Norwich. I get it that you don't like him or rate him, but I think that it's highly unlikely that he is totally indifferent to how we do - if nothing else, it affects his future career prospects!

I think Wagner would be a decent appointment.

Ticks a lot of boxes - playing style, previous Championship success, works within the SD model, used to minimal transfer budget, currently out of work and previous relationship with Webber.

However I can’t help thinking if it was him it’s both an admission we got the last 18 months so wrong and Webber not looking to gamble and instead stick with what he knows. That would actually make me respect him much more as I’d view Wagner as a bit of a humbling back to basics appointment for Webber.

• Like 1

Wagner would work imo. His win percentage is pretty good over the course of his managerial career and 47.5% last season! 

Could get us playing progressive football, would bring in the youngsters as much as possible for their energy - and could attract one or two more in this window - and renew belief.  

Good choice if we can get him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Badger said:

Charlotte Duncker

Based in Manchester. 🤔 Not sure she has that much of an inside track, but under Webber who knows? 🤷‍♂️

4 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Wagner would work imo. His win percentage is pretty good over the course of his managerial career and 47.5% last season! 

Could get us playing progressive football, would bring in the youngsters as much as possible for their energy - and could attract one or two more in this window - and renew belief.  

Good choice if we can get him.

Interesting. I thought I would be in a small minority because I feel broadly positive about Wagner. But it seems I'm not alone.

31 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Also, depending on how much we believe, the club are 100% focused on promotion this season. We have three home games coming up. Wagner being out of work could be a quick appointment. 9 potential points whereby surely our chances improve the sooner we get someone in....

Do we get 3 points for beating Blackburn in the FA Cup then hoggy ? 😜

• Haha 1

He won 19 out of 40 games with Young Boys in the Swiss League and failed to win them the league for the first time in 5 years in his only season in charge.

It's imperative we have a manager on the up who is confident in a system that is working somewhere right now. Wagner just isn't that man.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Based in Manchester. 🤔 Not sure she has that much of an inside track, but under Webber who knows? 🤷‍♂️

She went to University in Sheffield (as did I - a few decades earlier 😪).

I haven't a clue if the rumour is reliable, but it was curious that it was the only name given and also that the odds have shortened so much since. Suggests something more than speculation?

4 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

Interesting. I thought I would be in a small minority because I feel broadly positive about Wagner. But it seems I'm not alone.

I think some of the names being touted around are positively scary.  Wagner is available, has a good record with Webber, has a good record overall as a manager. Could be the man to take us forwards.

1 minute ago, Well b back said:

That’s a bigger move than the bookmakers Lakey, from Dyche to Wagner is a bit of a jump in styles.

It's not so much the styles as the character to come in and make a difference. Those two are big characters with good success rates - Dyche would set about the job with total positivity, even if his style isn't what we are used to (not as bad as some think though) and Wagner will see a return to a more dynamic way of playing.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Do we get 3 points for beating Blackburn in the FA Cup then hoggy ? 😜

Haha, didn't know FA Cup was one of them!

I've said before that the mistake we made with Smith was appointing a manager on the way down rather than on the way up. With Farke, Neil and Lambert Norwich was their big opportunity. I'm not sure that applies to Wagner. Perhaps you could argue it's his big opportunity to prove that Huddersfield wasn't a fluke as his career since has been pretty unremarkable.

I feel a bit meh about him, but probably better than a celebrity big name or dinosaur journeyman.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Badger said:

4/5 on Sky bet atm, so somebody must be pretty confident!

Lampard was 1/16 at one point last year. Means very little.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Captain Holt said:

True.

• Like 1

Wagner - familiar territory for Webber - no rebel ideas there and unlike Martin or Dyche, a muffle the noise solution so I guess it works but no point pretending it is radical.

I can manage a very limp semi over Wagner at best; he's a manager on the down, rather than on the up.

Easiest option for Webber as he's already had a nibble? Farke Mk 2? New and improved German sausage? 🤔

Whoever comes in gets my support, short of Putin or Gary Glitter taking charge.

OTBC

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Captain Holt said:

Lampard will probably get sacked this week and be at Carrow Road in time for the FA cup🙄

Edited by Yellow Shirt

2 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

I can manage a very limp semi over Wagner at best; he's a manager on the down, rather than on the up.

Easiest option for Webber as he's already had a nibble? Farke Mk 2? New and improved German sausage? 🤔

Whoever comes in gets my support, short of Putin or Gary Glitter taking charge.

OTBC

Rose West's Yellow Army 

• Haha 2

I would like to think we at least speak to other candidates before jumping in on Wagner. We can't afford to get this wrong and Wagner has a pretty sketchy record of late.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Captain Holt said:

Ah yes, before he ‘turned down’ a job he wasn’t offered 

12 minutes ago, Captain Holt said:

Good Heavens - who on earth would bet on a football appointment at 1/16? I wouldn't take those odds even if Delia had told me at dinner!