Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Charlie Wyett

If Wyatt has good sources, it won't matter if he's banned from Carrow Road. I read it as a joke too, but who knows. 

It won't matter if he's banned from Carrow Road anyway, he just needs to be prepared to climb a few mountains to keep up with the gossip 😅

The club really needs to stop being so precious and sort this tif out with the local media.

It's tinpot and embarrassing.

Just make themselves (us) look bloody stupid.

• Like 1

Get rid of Webber and his wife(Zoe Ward)they think they are untouchable.Delia do the right thing don’t let them hold you to ransom 

3 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

What a classless club we are fast turning into under Webber!!

To be fair journalists know what the ‘rules’ are - breaking a confidentiality agreement wouldn’t go down well anywhere, not that Wyett will probably care. 

• Like 1

So many people would have known hard to stop a leak 

that's why so many people hear things from the club ,

could have been a player /Wife / girlfriend 

could have been the person typing the letter confirming the sacking 

could have been Smiths Agent 

players turning up for training and someone said Smith or shakey not joining them 

so many people around the club working you would never know 

11 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

To be fair journalists know what the ‘rules’ are - breaking a confidentiality agreement wouldn’t go down well anywhere, not that Wyett will probably care. 

Confidentiality clauses generally relate to revealing sources which is a massive no no, Wyett hasn't done that. 

Edited by Ken Hairy

Just now, Ken Hairy said:

Confidentiality clauses generally relate to revealing sources which is a massive no no, Wyatt hasn't done that. 

Presumably the club says otherwise - I’d have thought the guy would know what he was doing wasn’t what we wanted.  My wife has worked in numerous Press Offices and says news embargos are very common, break them and this is what happens. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nexus_Canary said:

The club really needs to stop being so precious and sort this tif out with the local media.

It's tinpot and embarrassing.

Just make themselves (us) look bloody stupid.

It was a joke post by Matt that some on here and TWTD have taken seriously..

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

Now been added to Webber’s banned from CR list because he leaked the sacking

Not sure if it is Webber’s list or the head of media’s list…

18 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Exactly. Think the best example I can think of was a tragic one involving Danish player Stig Tofting - his father shot his mother and turned the gun on himself when Tofting was still a kid, but an editor let it slip.

Knew there was a reason I really liked him as a player - that's an indomitable spirit.

Remembering Stig Tøfting: the tragic enforcer largely underrated throughout his career (thesefootballtimes.co)

2 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Exactly. Think the best example I can think of was a tragic one involving Danish player Stig Tofting - his father shot his mother and turned the gun on himself when Tofting was still a kid, but an editor let it slip.

Knew there was a reason I really liked him as a player - that's an indomitable spirit.

Remembering Stig Tøfting: the tragic enforcer largely underrated throughout his career (thesefootballtimes.co)

Slightly different to releasing early news of a sacked manager to be fair.

1 minute ago, Ken Hairy said:

Slightly different to releasing early news of a sacked manager to be fair.

Aye, but same principle applies. Let the main protagonist (in this case Norwich) say so first.

Edited by TheGunnShow

3 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Aye, but same principle applies. Let the main protagonist (in this case Norwich) say so first.

All depends who Wyett got the news from, if Webber directly.....doubtful....then I'd agree,  if someone else within the club then he's done nothing wrong and Webber would be more concerned with the mole itself.

2 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

All depends who Wyett got the news from, if Webber directly.....doubtful....then I'd agree,  if someone else within the club then he's done nothing wrong and Webber would be more concerned with the mole itself.

How has he done nothing wrong if he's broken a confidentiality agreement by getting it from someone else within the club?

That said, a few have said this could be a joke and the whole thing could be moot.

Edited by TheGunnShow

Just now, TheGunnShow said:

How has he done nothing wrong if he's broken a confidentiality agreement by getting it from someone else within the club?

Does such an agreement even exist? To be fair I doubt he cares, he knows there's bigger changes coming soon and the relationship between Webber and local journos lately has been rock bottom.

TBH, it's careless to leak out the news of a coaches sacking. Nice way for his family to find out potentially before Dean Smith has a chance to speak with them. That's tinpot.

25 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

Yep he's confirmed it with a subsequent tweet.

Hasn't stopped another unjustified attack on the club mind 😅

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Hasn't stopped another unjustified attack on the club mind 😅

Although to be fair the joke only worked because in light of the club's recent attitude to the media it was perfectly believable...😍

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

This all seems to have started with that betting company sponser thing, Webber was far from happy the Press and the fans got involved, and we probably lost at least one signing because of it.

11 hours ago, hogesar said:

It was a joke post by Matt that some on here and TWTD have taken seriously..

The fact that people believe it could be true says something in itself.

11 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

Does such an agreement even exist? To be fair I doubt he cares, he knows there's bigger changes coming soon and the relationship between Webber and local journos lately has been rock bottom.

Sometimes news stories will come with an embargo to allow people to prepare the stories etc. And not give someone an exclusive or to get all of the associated activities prepared (e.g. news conference or similar). However, in this case I can't see that they would embargo something like this as there is so much scope for it getting out on other channels, it's not a manageable announcement...