Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Bali Mumba tonight

Still racking my brains that we have a player that could make a difference to our season and he's loaned out getting plaudits left, right and centre. 

Bizarre.

1 hour ago, Chelm Canary said:

Still racking my brains that we have a player that could make a difference to our season and he's loaned out getting plaudits left, right and centre. 

Bizarre.

In League one.

Mumba will get his chance with Norwich next year. Plan was probably this year, but Aarons didn’t leave.

• Like 2

I want Argyle, Exeter and Town to all get promoted. Then if we don't go up, I will have two more closer games to go to. And surely everyone loves a City v Town match?

Edited by keelansgrandad

22 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

In League one.

Mumba will get his chance with Norwich next year. Plan was probably this year, but Aarons didn’t leave.

Quite - he was meant to be a r/b and with Max and Byram ahead of him, it made sense to get game time elsewhere  - that he’s landed at a side doing well is a bonus. The only caveat is that he seems to be filling a berth on the left-hand side for them. 

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I want Argyle, Exeter and Town to all get promoted. Then if we don't go up, I will have two more closer games to go to. And surely everyone loves a City v Town match?

Think I do, can't really remember...

Just now, Canaries north said:

I think I have the right player. Looking good going forward but terrible defending for the goal. 

He was covering on the opposite side of course but short of pace.

I had a feeling watching him in his cameos here that he'd be a better winger than fullback. Some aspects of his game really remind me of Saka.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KeiranShikari said:

I had a feeling watching him in his cameos here that he'd be a better winger than fullback. Some aspects of his game really remind me of Saka.

Spot on, he's a winger not a full back.

We need a winger though!

• Like 1

Glad to see him doing well, I think he's probably a bit too good for that level and that may be a reason he's playing further forward for Plymouth than he may do for us. A possibly comparison being Ryan Sessegnon who was a quality winger in the championship for Fulham and has become a very decent wing back for Spurs now. I'm not saying Mumba will reach that level but there's similarities in my opinion.

28 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Spot on, he's a winger not a full back.

We need a winger though!

I really never understood him right back, it exposes what he is not very good at and stops him doing what he is excellent at in the oppositions box.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, repman said:

Glad to see him doing well, I think he's probably a bit too good for that level and that may be a reason he's playing further forward for Plymouth than he may do for us. A possibly comparison being Ryan Sessegnon who was a quality winger in the championship for Fulham and has become a very decent wing back for Spurs now. I'm not saying Mumba will reach that level but there's similarities in my opinion.

We can hope that he does, though!

I watched bits and bobs, not a bad game in awful weather and he was pretty decent.

41 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Have said exactly that several times, he may not reach Sakas level but is a similar fearless player. 

1 hour ago, SwearyCanary said:

For gods sake don’t get him back until we’ve got rid of the talent destroyer 😂

What - the one who's 'destroyed' Josh Sargent and Liam Gibbs you mean? 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

What - the one who's 'destroyed' Josh Sargent and Liam Gibbs you mean? 

The one who continually plays Sargent right wing and completely wasting him you mean? 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

The one who continually plays Sargent right wing and completely wasting him you mean? 

I dont want Sargent constantly on the wing either but I don't think it's fair to say completely wasted when we've so far got good goal returns from both him and Pukki!