Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Bali Mumba tonight

10 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

You forgot he has 'destroyed' Todd Cantwell as well. 

Nah, Todd has done his best to do that himself. It’s nice how you look for reasons to try and jump on me though 😘

Just now, SwearyCanary said:

Nah, Todd has done his best to do that himself. It’s nice how you look for reasons to try and jump on me though 😘

You? I was replying to Thirsty...

54 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Jaysus Christ alive, he didn't fecking score it against us for 1p5wich, bitter pill? Get some perspective. 

And watch your mouth you ****. 

According to Sam Seaman, this is the quote from Smith: "I did see it. Unfortunately I saw their first goal as well!" 

Yes, Dean, I did see your 3-0 victory at Watford. Unfortunately I saw your other 49 games in charge of Norwich City as well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, canarybubbles said:

According to Sam Seaman, this is the quote from Smith: "I did see it. Unfortunately I saw their first goal as well!" 

Yes, Dean, I did see your 3-0 victory at Watford. Unfortunately I saw your other 49 games in charge of Norwich City as well.

I thought that was an unnecessary comment. Imagine Bali reading that? 

Unprovoked defence of the club and it’s decision to sanction the move. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chelm Canary said:

And watch your mouth you ****. 

Or what?

" Bitter Pill"....one of the stupidest things I've ever read on here.  Are you always such a drama queen? As stated earlier , get some perspective, oh , and some comprehension skills. 

You'd think we'd sold him for peanuts to a rival the way you're reacting to a kid out on loan , scoring a decent goal.....it's a good thing, Muppet. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, canarybubbles said:

Seems a totally crass thing to say. What was he thinking! May be the pressure of it all is actually getting to him

9 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Or what?

" Bitter Pill"....one of the stupidest things I've ever read on here.  Are you always such a drama queen? As stated earlier , get some perspective, oh , and some comprehension skills. 

You'd think we'd sold him for peanuts to a rival the way you're reacting to a kid out on loan , scoring a decent goal.....it's a good thing, Muppet. 

Haha why are you so offended by that? I actually lol'd

I do realize you're a sarcy little gimp and should have ignored your message yesterday. 

Edited by Chelm Canary

3 hours ago, Chelm Canary said:

Haha why are you so offended by that? I actually lol'd

I do realize you're a sarcy little gimp and should have ignored your message yesterday. 

Now you are sober. Yes. 

• Haha 1

On 01/11/2022 at 18:32, SwearyCanary said:

Dean Smith has not shown that he develops talent for us and I’d suggest several players are playing worse than under previous regime. So as I see Bali Mumba as one for the future, but I see Smith as detrimental to the success of that future playing the brand of football he has spent a year crafting, I want Mumba to stay out until a new manager comes in who can hopefully incorporate Mumba into a team that he can shine in. 

Liam........................... Gibbs!

On 02/11/2022 at 05:13, canarybubbles said:

I mean, again, was that said with a bit of humour? Who knows. Either way, he's right - whether you like it or not. Exeter's first goal started with Mumba on the ball, last man with an Exeter play closing, facing the right hand touch line... two real safe options their, punt it up field or put it our for a throw. He chooses option 3, to try and take it past the man, fails, then tries to take him down, which could have been red if successful, and then is left stranded as the player he failed to take down breaks free and lays it on a plate for their goal.

If he'd stayed on his feet he would have least pressured the chap. If he had played the ball out... Not a huge negative, but this is why he is on loan, he wont make that mistake again, you'd hope, and he'll put that down to the learning curve. 

Mumba's goal was a cracker, no doubt about that. 

5 hours ago, chicken said:

I mean, again, was that said with a bit of humour? Who knows. Either way, he's right - whether you like it or not. Exeter's first goal started with Mumba on the ball, last man with an Exeter play closing, facing the right hand touch line... two real safe options their, punt it up field or put it our for a throw. He chooses option 3, to try and take it past the man, fails, then tries to take him down, which could have been red if successful, and then is left stranded as the player he failed to take down breaks free and lays it on a plate for their goal.

If he'd stayed on his feet he would have least pressured the chap. If he had played the ball out... Not a huge negative, but this is why he is on loan, he wont make that mistake again, you'd hope, and he'll put that down to the learning curve. 

Mumba's goal was a cracker, no doubt about that. 

Your reply is irrelevant to the point I was making. No one is denying that it was a mistake.

7 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Angus............... Gunn

You can’t compare Angus Gunn performance levels at the start of Smith’s tenure to now as he never played him due to Krul being more established rather than because he wasn’t good enough. 

Danel…………….Sinani. 

To be honest we could do this for a while and you’ll still feel Smith is some kind of talent moulder. I happen to disagree. He clearly doesn’t back himself if he is willing to let Mumba go out on loan while he focussed his development in Springett and Sinani etc. Mumba looks like he has kicked on in this time and Sinani, Springett, Aarons, Cantwell, blah have not kicked on or come nowhere near to where they have shown they can be just a couple of seasons ago. So even IF Smith is the new talent development messiah he clearly doesn’t quite know how to actually get the most from this talent in the pitch. 

Edited by SwearyCanary

2 hours ago, SwearyCanary said:

You can’t compare Angus Gunn performance levels at the start of Smith’s tenure to now as he never played him due to Krul being more established rather than because he wasn’t good enough. 

Danel…………….Sinani. 

To be honest we could do this for a while and you’ll still feel Smith is some kind of talent moulder. I happen to disagree. He clearly doesn’t back himself if he is willing to let Mumba go out on loan while he focussed his development in Springett and Sinani etc. Mumba looks like he has kicked on in this time and Sinani, Springett, Aarons, Cantwell, blah have not kicked on or come nowhere near to where they have shown they can be just a couple of seasons ago. So even IF Smith is the new talent development messiah he clearly doesn’t quite know how to actually get the most from this talent in the pitch. 

But why not just be realistic? Some players have got better in the time Smith has been here, some have gone backwards. That happens under ALL managers. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

But why not just be realistic? Some players have got better in the time Smith has been here, some have gone backwards. That happens under ALL managers. 

So realistically, when I make a joke about Mumba staying at Plymouth to continue his development until Smith, who didn’t see his talent for this season, leaves and takes his rubbish football with him maybe it’s not worthwhile questioning my tongue in cheek view that he is a talent destroyer. He’s clearly not a master talent developer either, he is just meh on legs.