Can we stop trying them from the bench when we need a goal for a little bit please? They’ve not done anything in the past god knows how many appearances to suggest they should be getting any minutes. 

I like that Smith is proactive with subs but it does feel like a bit too much of a scattergun approach sometimes. I felt we had some momentum before Sinani came on - Ramsey had been poor but the team as a whole was still looking dangerous at that point in the second half when we got it forwards.

It’s a difficult thing getting subs right and Smith has mostly done well this season, we of course always get the advantage of hindsight to praise or criticise which makes it easy for us and probably somewhat unfair on Smith. But at the same time I can’t really think of one good reason for bringing on either of these players in the situations Smith has been. At what point when we need a goal can you think ‘right, time for Dowell’ - for me it’s never based on performances this season. As opposed to someone like Onel who offers something very clearly different to everyone else in the team. Sinani has also completely lost that form for Huddersfield and Millwall at home and put in a woefully bad performance today. Nearly every time he got it the move broke down. 

By all means, if we’re 3 goals up and comfortable, or 2 goals down and playing hopelessly, then make wholesale changes with nothing to lose or to try change the tide - but today was not that kind of situation and the continuous stream of substitutions probably aided Preston as we didn’t manage to build any persistent momentum.

Sara came on with his best game today, which was great to see, Cantwell should be back soon, Onel always a threat from the bench. Let’s stick to bringing players like this on when we are needing to score - we don’t need to use all our subs every game just for the sake of it.

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Who else is there though? 

That’s my point. We’ve still got Cantwell, Sara, Onel. Plus more options when Hayden and Giannoulis are back. We don’t NEED to use 5 subs every game!

13 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

That’s my point. We’ve still got Cantwell, Sara, Onel. Plus more options when Hayden and Giannoulis are back. We don’t NEED to use 5 subs every game!

Hayden back

Seems unlikely this year

• Sad 1

Yeah I think if they played every game they'd probably have decent seasons but they're not impact players - they need to have a feel of the pace of the game etc and as subs you don't have the time for it.

• Like 3

Sinani is a better starter. Fear for Dowell at Norwich, not sure what he offers. I just know whatever he does offer isn't what we need. 

55 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Sorta agree but would say considering how condensed this season is, I can definitely see the counterargument that it's part of healthy rotation.

We're running out of impact subs. Hernandez was equally woeful. One cross when out of a fcuking throw in.

Who do we try next  Hugill?

Radio Norfolk got this bang on before the game today many players just aren't playing consistently. Hernendez had a great game got a goal then has faded. Sinani looked good in first few games, and has disappeared. Same even many of the players

That's not Smiths fault, he sets them up and sends them out and its up to the players, but we don't have many who consistently play well every game, which doesn't  help us

21 minutes ago, Captain Holt said:

Sinani is a better starter. Fear for Dowell at Norwich, not sure what he offers. I just know whatever he does offer isn't what we need. 

This I agree with. I feel he is an intelligent player and thought he was unlucky to lose his place when he did. 

1 minute ago, Samwam27 said:

Sinani looked good in first few games, and has disappeared

Sinani looked good and for some reason was then not started. 

He needs to start in my opinion

Simply not good enough. Both will have good careers, earn v good money, and why not, but there no in my team sheet. Would love to be proved wrong. 

They have both been very poor recently when brought on. The point that they're maybe better starters is a valid one, but at the moment they're not playing well to justify a start. It's a conundrum, but with the games coming thick and fast, maybe there's room to get a start somewhere. But if we continue with the diamond, where do they fit in? Ramsey and Cantwell are both better tens, and I'm not sure they're really suited to any other position in a diamond.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

We're running out of impact subs. Hernandez was equally woeful. One cross when out of a fcuking throw in.

Harsh on Onel. Ran past a few and was a threat. Decent volley on target too 

• Like 1

Sinani had a shocker today. Continually lost possession and was too lazy to track back to help Max.

He needs to buck his ideas up or go out on loan in January.

3 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Well, Hugill was top scorer pre-season so why not give him a chance? I’m not a massive fan of him but seems like a shakeup is needed 

4 hours ago, Captain Holt said:

Sinani is utterly dreadful and I'd happily never see him in yellow and green again. Wanders around doing not much at all for about 95 percent of the time he is on a football pitch, complete passenger.

3 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Rubbish Onel hit a fantastic shot on the volley & frightened the life out of the opposition. He can beat players for pace, skill & strength & occupies defences in a way nobody else can. I know his head down, beat the man first & think after approach means he'll never be a top player, but as someone to bring on & upset the apple cart there's nobody else we've got can do it (nor any other teams at this level).

• Like 5

5 hours ago, CDMullins said:

Desperate stuff,

Hernandez and Sinani could not of been part of our seasons plan.

Only if placheta and Rashica were.

4 hours ago, Samwam27 said:

Radio Norfolk got this bang on before the game today many players just aren't playing consistently. Hernendez had a great game got a goal then has faded. Sinani looked good in first few games, and has disappeared. Same even many of the players

That's not Smiths fault, he sets them up and sends them out and its up to the players, but we don't have many who consistently play well every game, which doesn't  help us

But isnt it down to his instruction etc to get the players motivated and playing well week in week out?

• Like 1

I think Dowell and Sinani are good players but they're the type of players that a, need to play in a well structured side and b, need time to get into a rhythm. So the fact that they're playing 20 minutes here and there in a side that is anything but well structured would explain their performances. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Only if placheta and Rashica were.

I'd say Rashica and Tzolis.

Both been loaned to clubs in top divisions.

Whilst we scratch around playing players who we've deemed not good enough for best part of two years 

Can we stop this rachica love in?

The bloke clearly didn't want to be here. Also someone made a great point last year that is so true about football. In the eyes of the fans the more someone plays the worse they get (Kenny, max , krul even ) the less they feature the better they are (folk hero and probably the most overrated for years lungi)

Edited by Nexus_Canary
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CDMullins said:

I'd say Rashica and Tzolis.

Both been loaned to clubs in top divisions.

Whilst we scratch around playing players who we've deemed not good enough for best part of two years 

Rashica did nothing earlier this season. I haven't seen anyone suggest we should have kept him in preference to Onel. You are actually the first person I've seen to suggest this. I'm interested in why you think this? What did you see that so many didn't?

Because despite a slow start (from not just him it should be said)

He's obviously better than both Onel and Danel.

22 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

Because despite a slow start (from not just him it should be said)

He's obviously better than both Onel and Danel.

Well it wasn't obvious to me🙃

6 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Well it wasn't obvious to me🙃

Or anyone else. As for Tzolis. Hardly pulling up trees is he! 

Still unsure about Dowell. Amusingly Smith himself said prior to this season he had hopes he would become our 'star man'.. Yet I'm still unsure of where he should even play. Feels too slow to be a winger and too weak to be a midfielder. As for Sinani.. I feel there's a good player in him but it's still yet to show other than in quick flashes, kind of like how he was at Huddersfield. Some matches you would hardly notice he was on the pitch and then other times he looked outstandingly good.

• Like 1

On 08/10/2022 at 17:55, CDMullins said:

Desperate stuff,

Hernandez and Sinani could not of been part of our seasons plan.

Going into the season with these 'wide' options was never going to work.

Imagine how bad Tzolis must have looked if Hernandez is seen as a better option. We all love Onel but he's not very good unfortunately. 

Ramsey has been ok, not poor, not good just ok.

Dowell, Sinani, Cantwell all decent footballers but when In their right position, which isn't out wide.

Let's hope Rowe looks good when he's back.