Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Women’s World Cup

A stroke of luck as otherwise Spain have generally been the better team

Got a bit lucky there, looked like she might have led with the arm? Seen those disallowed.

8 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Got a bit lucky there, looked like she might have led with the arm? Seen those disallowed.

Not for me - would have been mightily peed off had that been disallowed in a Norwich game, particularly after the pen that could easily have been given

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

Not for me - would have been mightily peed off had that been disallowed in a Norwich game, particularly after the pen that could easily have been given

Exactly, if that's a foul, so are 50% of headed goals.

The dodgy decision was the blatant foul on Hemp that VAR had a chance to correct but didn't. No excuse not to give that with video replay, the only reason you don't give that is because you don't want to.

Wow, what a come back. 6 mins from knocked out.

Great game of football. Well played England.

Superb noise from the Brighton fans.

• Like 2

Well done lionesses! Really good game of tournament football. Won by a moment of quality in the end but really great adjustments by SW to just tip the scales. Not our most dominant performance clearly, but to ride out the lack of possession as we did was good. Defensively we were excellent imo 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Exactly, if that's a foul, so are 50% of headed goals.

The dodgy decision was the blatant foul on Hemp that VAR had a chance to correct but didn't. No excuse not to give that with video replay, the only reason you don't give that is because you don't want to.

Yeah, the Hemp one was a penno in my book, so I guess it evened itself out. Really gutsy performance against a technically excellent Spain side, and Millie Bright is just an absolute beast... easily my favourite player in the team.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

Well done lionesses! Really good game of tournament football. Won by a moment of quality in the end but really great adjustments by SW to just tip the scales. Not our most dominant performance clearly, but to ride out the lack of possession as we did was good. Defensively we were excellent imo 

Really enjoyed that match. Had everything and it goes to show just how much belief matters. It got them the equaliser and then magic by Stanway.

Our defence was also great and we have a threat going forward. Some really technically gifted Spanish players in that team who pressed so hard the whole game. So, to overcome that you need grit.

I'm pleased they got this kind of test now and believe that to have passed that test in the way they have ought to propel them to the final.

• Like 5

Thought the officials were quite poor tonight, let a lot go but at least they were consistently poor I suppose! England got away with it tonight being second best for much of the 90 minutes but they didn't give up and earned their luck to equalise. Hopefully they can use this performance to play a bit smarter in the next game. Some great game management in extra time one we had the lead though it must be said

• Like 1

1 hour ago, overthebordercanary said:

More power in that then anything Kenny can come up with. 

Don’t make me google his goal v Bristol city lol 

1 hour ago, SwearyCanary said:

Walsh is going to be a big loss if she isn’t fit for next week 

• Like 2

I enjoyed that, wasn't difficult to watch like the men's football. I actually had some confidence that they would pull it back. 

9 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Wow, what a come back. 6 mins from knocked out.

Great game of football. Well played England.

Superb noise from the Brighton fans.

The fans were superb and definitely had an influence particularly after we equalised. 
As you say great game of football. Lauren Hemp had a great second half , and set up the equaliser with a terrific change of direction. Fab to see a Canary shine !! 
Come on the lionesses ! 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard
  • Like 1

On 16/07/2022 at 16:49, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Ok the footballers who have the most caps and goals are... 

Men's team shilton and Rooney 

Women's team Williams and white. 

There you go 4 footballers with the records for their own teams in their own disciplines. 

And they have all scored more than I have, or ever will, so well done to them all 👏

16 hours ago, SwearyCanary said:

Won by a moment of quality in the end but really great adjustments by SW to just tip the scales. 

As much as our substitutions strengthened us, the Spanish subs seemed to weaken them. However, that takes nothing away from a really gutsy performance by the Lionesses - six minutes from going our of the competition, and not a single head dropped. How I would have loved to have seen that sort of fight in our squad last season.

Edited by Sooty57
typo
  • Like 2

Only bad thing to come out of this is that so-called “National Anthem” Sweet Caroline by the untalented Neil Diamond blasting out and renditions of Three Lions, a song I’ve never got on with.

With all that aside, absolutely amazing. About time the BBC shown us something good!🤣🤣🤣. At least the supporters of the Lionesses behave, unlike the men’s team who have hooligans, racist song chanters, opposition national anthem jeerers, toddler abusers, pen light w@ankers and gate crashers in their supporter ranks.

12 minutes ago, KernowCanary said:

Only bad thing to come out of this is that so-called “National Anthem” Sweet Caroline by the untalented Neil Diamond blasting out and renditions of Three Lions, a song I’ve never got on with.

With all that aside, absolutely amazing. About time the BBC shown us something good!🤣🤣🤣. At least the supporters of the Lionesses behave, unlike the men’s team who have hooligans, racist song chanters, opposition national anthem jeerers, toddler abusers, pen light w@ankers and gate crashers in their supporter ranks.

Jesus, have a day off.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

Jesus, have a day off.

Get a life…. it’s just a message board forum. Also, there is no excuse for the by so-called supporters last summer.

You have your day off, you moron. I bet you loved every moment of lockdown and cheered when the virus mutated in Kent, prolonging the whole misery for everyone else.

Edited by KernowCanary

2 hours ago, KernowCanary said:

Get a life…. it’s just a message board forum. Also, there is no excuse for the by so-called supporters last summer.

You have your day off, you moron. I bet you loved every moment of lockdown and cheered when the virus mutated in Kent, prolonging the whole misery for everyone else.

Have a day off

Slight digression, but if it means more of this (a local pair of girls teams) and girls see that they can play football, and facilities are there for them, then I'm all for it.

(This was a match I refereed a couple of months ago, these players were U11s. Some very nice touches on display, despite a pitch that was not particularly conducive to it as it was very bobbly).

Tiki Taka Lisbon Girls vs Academy Juniors - 15/05/2022 - YouTube

The amount of posts I'm seeing on Social Media banging on about how **** womans football has incessantly ramped up during this tournament.

7 hours ago, CrankyCanary said:

The amount of posts I'm seeing on Social Media banging on about how **** womans football has incessantly ramped up during this tournament.

Füçk social media, these people don’t matter

• Like 1