Sign in to follow this  
KeiranShikari

Gunn dropped because Krul wanted to impress for int games

I'd get it if we were safe but surely where we are we pick the keeper that's been in better form, and that was Gunn.

If he really isn't off then this is awful management.

• Like 2

This is like a child being all 'Look at me I can ride my bike with no handlebars! Are you impressed?' before then driving right into oncoming traffic

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 1

Well, on the plus side it wasn't Gunn picking the ball of of the net 5+ times. Might have injured his back. Keep him fit for next season.

At the risk of coming up with a Krul pun, I think he might end up starring in a Dutch version of Finding Neverland. 😉

1 minute ago, OnDaBall said:

If that's the case, I bet Krul wishes he hadn't bothered

What do you mean? His pass for Spurs' second was probably the best pass from a Norwich player all game, shame it was to an opponent.

• Haha 1

Imo it’s not really a ‘thing’ - Krul has been no1 this season and it was a dead rubber, can’t see that big a deal.  I imagine Angus was quite happy not to play given how it went.

8 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

What do you mean? His pass for Spurs' second was probably the best pass from a Norwich player all game, shame it was to an opponent.

I think you're being unfair there.... Dowells booting of the beach ball for Aarons to destroy was a thing of beauty.. 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Imo it’s not really a ‘thing’ - Krul has been no1 this season and it was a dead rubber, can’t see that big a deal.  I imagine Angus was quite happy not to play given how it went.

What about the supporters seeing our strongest team?

It was like Hamilton in the GP. I can't win from the back so I might as well come in. No, stay out for the points.

11 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

What about the supporters seeing our strongest team?

It was like Hamilton in the GP. I can't win from the back so I might as well come in. No, stay out for the points.

As I said, Krul has been our no1 all season.  

That's the narrative being sold, but lets be honest - it was his last game for us and he wanted to walk out at Carrow Road one last time. 

The PSV  link has been around for months now and isn't going away, we know he's our highest earner and that Smith has essentially been told to cut the wage bill in order to bring in his own players (that's what the squad being "too big" really means), and selling £70k a week Krul and replacing with a £15k a week Championship level keeper is a very good way of doing that.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

It was a bit of a car crash first half for Krul, wasn't it? If the intention was to put him in the window for an international call up, it did no favours to anyone.

Krul made some good saves and some horrendous errors.

Gunn will probably be first choice next season. We'll see how that works out.

More to the point though what the living f**k was Lucas Rupp doing coming on then when we could have given Gibbs a run around.

I actually like Rupp and think he could have done a job in the Champ, but the guy is off our books, hes leaving on a free. WTF is he doing getting game time?!? 
Did Smith feel we could get 3 or 4 and level out the game.

I want to be sat on the top of the Champ feeling like a total ** for hating on Smith, i would love a big slice of humble pie.
Truth is come October we will all be moaning about the fact we are not in the playoffs and we will have to bring someone else in to undo Smith's mess.

I have always been willing to give Smith (the manager, not the owner you understand!) time to turn things round but a number of his comments and decisions really concern me now.

The Krul / Gunn is point blank ridiculous. Any manager of any sports team should pick the players based on merit. He compounds his mistake by making the incredulous comments that ..................'Angus didn't deserve to be dropped'!!! Honestly, WTF was that about!! It now makes him look simply ridiculous in the eyes of the players.

In his most recent interview he also berated the players (quite rightly) for being too passive off the ball and not fighting hard enough to win the ball back and said..........'that will change in the summer' I'm sorry? What we're talking about here is physical fitness and commitment and nothing to do with PL skill level or wages or transfer fee so surely he as manager should have ingrained that basic attitude into our players months ago!!?? If certain senior players were not prepared to meet those standards he should have dropped them and given youngsters a chance?

As for giving youngsters a chance that has still not happened to any meaningful degree. Tompkinson could have come on for Byram and Gibbs for Lees-Melou.  Instead we trundled out Zimbo and Rupp (the latter was confirmed pre match as leaving the club anyway!).

15 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

The Krul / Gunn is point blank ridiculous. Any manager of any sports team should pick the players based on merit. He compounds his mistake by making the incredulous comments that ..................'Angus didn't deserve to be dropped'!!! Honestly, WTF was that about!! It now makes him look simply ridiculous in the eyes of the players.

If he was telling the truth this would be a concern but I expect the reality is very different. I'm sure Angus was told that as Krul is leaving then Smith wanted to give him a final run out. Sure that is something Angus would have been more than happy with.