Parma Ham's gone mouldy

Would you want Sir Jim Ratcliffe as owner of Norwich City?

49 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

I wonder if we’re in his thoughts. 

Probably only briefly in that those six-fingered no-mark second-raters should never have been in the PL in the first place.

Other than that, no.

Edited by ......and Smith must score.

9 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Jim Ratcliffe is a tax avoiding, union-busting, Brexit-cheering serial polluter who supports Man Utd. He takes advantage of any available legal loopholes to increase his already enormous wealth still further at expense of those who work for him. Yes, he’s not a leader of a homophobic, murdering regime from the Middle Ages but just having a big bank balance doesn’t qualify him to own our club. Be careful what you wish for.

Will that be a no then?.....

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Jim Ratcliffe is a tax avoiding, union-busting, Brexit-cheering serial polluter who supports Man Utd. He takes advantage of any available legal loopholes to increase his already enormous wealth still further at expense of those who work for him. Yes, he’s not a leader of a homophobic, murdering regime from the Middle Ages but just having a big bank balance doesn’t qualify him to own our club. Be careful what you wish for.

Anyone who is Union busting deserves a vote! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Mello Yello said:

Only if he moved into a bijou flat above a shop on Magdalen Street (within the inner ring-road)....Showing loyalty and true intent.....

I think i have found a couple of properties that might fit the bill both with accommodation upstairs.

https://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/business/businesses-up-for-auction-in-norwich-magdalen-street-8925822

57 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Someone purple with rage who will badger you and say if it's not brock don't fix it an' like a chicken cry fowl an' accuse you of hoggin' the limelight....Get ma drift?.....Oh look, and we're off.....

Your on 🔥 fire today Mello 🤣. Newsflash; a handsome man has come onboard. Hallelujah! Hallelujah!

10 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Will that be a no then?.....

Since you ask, he would be a very long way down my list of preferred owners of the club,  so effectively a no. But I can’t stop him, although it seems extremely unlikely to me. Would I stop supporting the club? No. Would I go to fewer games, take less interest? Probably, yes.

18 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

So he takes advantages of loopholes! So he’s not avoiding paying tax it’s that’s our own countries tax system isn’t robust enough to capture his line of tax avoidance! I’m not sure of any company which doesn’t use a good accountant to ensure they limit overheads in a legal manner! Brexit is a personal choice! So the reality he’s an astute business man who has made his fortune and supports the idea of Brexit! As for serial polluter I’m pretty sure that all of us on this board can be labelled as that! Brilliant response must be a wind up! 😂👍

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, komakino said:

Anyone who is Union busting deserves a vote! 

So your preferred mode of government is some sort of dictatorship? Or communism, fascism…?

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Most sensible people avoid paying taxes that they don’t have to pay.  

Many people consider the actions of some unions and their leaders to be motivated purely by their political ideologies, and so an individual who stands up to that form of bullying and intimidation is surely a good thing.

If those who voted to leave the EU are somehow not fit for ownership of a football club then you’re excluding a very large number of people.

I think your diatribe against Sir James Ratcliffe says more about your personal prejudices than it does about him.

• Like 3

Football was a working man's game. Can't you tories sod off back to polo or golf or whatever sport the middle classes play??

Anyway Ratcliffe is another greedy billionaire ****, but then again they all are. But he's not part of a murderous regime so I think he would be the best of a really terrible bunch.

• Sad 1

If we were to be taken over I’d prefer it to be by someone who could meet their deadlines. The bid just seems to me to be disrespectful and a bit arrogant.

However I don’t think that any reasonable Norwich fan would object to a takeover by anyone, regardless of nationality, who was morally sound and rich enough to be able to allow us to make a decent attempt of staying in the Premier League, without ripping out the heart and soul of the club or alienating the fans.

4 minutes ago, Herman said:

Football was a working man's game. Can't you tories sod off back to polo or golf or whatever sport the middle classes play??

Anyway Ratcliffe is another greedy billionaire ****, but then again they all are. But he's not part of a murderous regime so I think he would be the best of a really terrible bunch.

Slightly class-obsessed, politically-intolerant, misogynistic and generally non-inclusive attitude, don’t you think?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

He'll probably move Norwich to the Isle Of Man.😉

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

Slightly class-obsessed, politically-intolerant, misogynistic and generally non-inclusive attitude, don’t you think?

No.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I understand he doesn't interfere with the running of clubs leaving it to the pro's, as Ineos Cycling.  But wouldn't mind him getting Smith's both of them out

17 minutes ago, Indy said:

So he takes advantages of loopholes! So he’s not avoiding paying tax it’s that’s our own countries tax system isn’t robust enough to capture his line of tax avoidance! I’m not sure of any company which doesn’t use a good accountant to ensure they limit overheads in a legal manner! Brexit is a personal choice! So the reality he’s an astute business man who has made his fortune and supports the idea of Brexit! As for serial polluter I’m pretty sure that all of us on this board can be labelled as that! Brilliant response must be a wind up! 😂👍

It’s a question of degree. I did know who Jim Ratcliffe was before Parma started this thread and it was from hearing about his union breaking activities. I’m no expert but what I’ve heard about the man suggests someone whose focus is very much on his own wealth creation to a far greater extent than simple efficient corporate governance and very much not on the interests of his workers or the man in the street. If anyone wants to supply evidence that this isn’t the case, post away.

And I’m sure you’d feel differently about the pollution if you worked in or lived nearby to one of his factories.

P.S. There’s no charge for ending your sentences with the occasional full-stop!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

A simple question. You are trustees of Norwich City. 

Sir Jim Ratcliffe recently made a belated £4.25bn total bid for Chelsea. The £2.5bn asking price requested by Corporate Finance sellers the Raine Group, plus a further promised £1.75bn for Stadium upgrade and player investment. 

Sir Jim Ratcliffe is a Manchester United fan. It is a little eyebrow-raising that he made his bid - after visiting the Chelsea training ground with a view to making an offer a few years ago - after the stated deadline. It might be a ‘stalking horse’ type bid to awaken interest in his first love Manchester United and to seed further unrest there. 

Sir Jim Ratcliffe’s Ineos Chemicals Group recently took over the Sky Cycling Team and Sir Ben Ainslie’s America’s Cup Yachting Team. Investment is strong and consistent. Plans are at least mid-term. He has stated his open desire to invest in British businesses, British sport and British ownership. 

Despite some thoughts to the contrary, American investors and Sports Franchise owners still see considerable scope for growth in leveraging Premier League Football club brands. The money is unlikely to fall out of the market any time soon it would appear. 

So would he be suitable for you? Wealthy, British and with a love of football and sport. A huge desire to win, plus a successful business that likes to associate with high level sporting success. 

Does he fit your criteria for a suitable owner for Norwich City?

Parma 

So he’s a Manchester United fan, who made a bid for Chelsea. I’m sorry but what makes you think that he would be interested in Norwich?

4 minutes ago, Herman said:

He'll probably move Norwich to the Isle Of Man.😉

Yeah it's an Isle of Man's game.....

2 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

So he’s a Manchester United fan, who made a bid for Chelsea. I’m sorry but what makes you think that he would be interested in Norwich?

It’s purely hypocritical by Parma! But we’re not for sale so it doesn’t matter 😉

23 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

Most sensible people avoid paying taxes that they don’t have to pay.  

Many people consider the actions of some unions and their leaders to be motivated purely by their political ideologies, and so an individual who stands up to that form of bullying and intimidation is surely a good thing.

If those who voted to leave the EU are somehow not fit for ownership of a football club then you’re excluding a very large number of people.

I think your diatribe against Sir James Ratcliffe says more about your personal prejudices than it does about him.

Most honest, ethical people understand that their taxes go to pay for the services that they and their families and communities use. Like the NHS, schools and national infrastructure. And for a safety net that ensures the less fortunate can have a basic standard of living. So paying tax is an unpleasant but necessary fact of life.

Most people find their taxes take a significant chunk of their income and have a material effect on their standard of living.

Most people understand there are rules and laws in place to help society function and don’t actively look to bend or break them for personal advantage.

It appears that very little of this applies of Jim Radcliffe (or the current Cabinet come to that).

• Like 8

It's a yes from me.

We've gone as far forwards as we can with the current owners.

Plus it would **** off the binners, which is reason enough.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

Most honest, ethical people understand that their taxes go to pay for the services that they and their families and communities use. Like the NHS, schools and national infrastructure. And for a safety net that ensures the less fortunate can have a basic standard of living. So paying tax is an unpleasant but necessary fact of life.

Most people find their taxes take a significant chunk of their income and have a material effect on their standard of living.

Most people understand there are rules and laws in place to help society function and don’t actively look to bend or break them for personal advantage.

It appears that very little of this applies of Jim Radcliffe (or the current Cabinet come to that).

No comments on the people he employed and pays, the tax he does pay, the positives people like him bring to thousands, just that he might not pay all the tax he should! Yet he’ll have fanancial advisors and accountants who run these companies for him! It smacks of little Green eye monster syndrome to me!

Edited by Indy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

MOOT point. Mute means dumb, unable to speak. Moot means to raise something for discussion, debatable or of little practical importance.

Yours pedantically.

Pedantry graciously received 😁. I won't be a typical forum user and blame autocorrect 😉

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

A simple question. You are trustees of Norwich City. 

Sir Jim Ratcliffe recently made a belated £4.25bn total bid for Chelsea. The £2.5bn asking price requested by Corporate Finance sellers the Raine Group, plus a further promised £1.75bn for Stadium upgrade and player investment. 

Sir Jim Ratcliffe is a Manchester United fan. It is a little eyebrow-raising that he made his bid - after visiting the Chelsea training ground with a view to making an offer a few years ago - after the stated deadline. It might be a ‘stalking horse’ type bid to awaken interest in his first love Manchester United and to seed further unrest there. 

Sir Jim Ratcliffe’s Ineos Chemicals Group recently took over the Sky Cycling Team and Sir Ben Ainslie’s America’s Cup Yachting Team. Investment is strong and consistent. Plans are at least mid-term. He has stated his open desire to invest in British businesses, British sport and British ownership. 

Despite some thoughts to the contrary, American investors and Sports Franchise owners still see considerable scope for growth in leveraging Premier League Football club brands. The money is unlikely to fall out of the market any time soon it would appear. 

So would he be suitable for you? Wealthy, British and with a love of football and sport. A huge desire to win, plus a successful business that likes to associate with high level sporting success. 

Does he fit your criteria for a suitable owner for Norwich City?

Parma 

Yes. 

While I have slight concerns about his approach to business, the big question is would he change the colour of the kit?

Just now, Jim Smith said:

Yes. 

That's a Yes from me . Maybe get some corporate governance into the club. Desperately needed. 

1 minute ago, shefcanary said:

While I have slight concerns about his approach to business, the big question is would he change the colour of the kit?

No shef. Think of the original man United colours. Win. Win .😉. Think of the corporate governance.  Win. WIN.

1 minute ago, Mengo said:

No shef. Think of the original man United colours. Win. Win .😉. Think of the corporate governance.  Win. WIN.

Ah, Newton Heath!  Gotcha ....  Incentives aplenty.