Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Everton or Leeds?

Which would you prefer?

I find it hard to choose. It's a bit like going to the funeral of someone you didn't like very much 

Edited by dylanisabaddog
  • Haha 1

Leeds. Because they thought they were safe a few weeks ago.

But Everton because their fans think it's impossible to go down.

I actually can't decide.

Everton because of Fwank thinking he wasn't signing up for a relegation fight. Hilarious.

• Haha 1

Just now, dylanisabaddog said:

You can't have both. Sorry, it would be nice but Watford is a bit of a problem 

Yeah.....well.....yeah.....erm, how about Everleeds?.....

• Haha 1

Everton, the star players will be flocking for the door, and Franks fancy loans from Chelsea also will not fancy the fight in the championship.

And it will be justice.

Edited by Newtopia
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Everton would be funnier I guess, but I dislike Leeds so I think I'd rather see them go down.

It would be interesting to see what becomes of Everton's new stadium in the Championship; it's going to cost £500m so surely the club would be in serious jeopardy with a debt like that to pay off?

Everton.

As I've said on another thread, Burnley will probably have had Championship contingencies in place just in case, and know the sort of player required.

Whilst it's not guaranteed, and Everton have the name + spending power, its not likely their transfer team has a ready list of names for the Championship. Even if it takes them half a season to settle down and work it out, that first half of the season we can be putting down tracks.

Everton will keep enough of their players to walk the league

Richarlison would probably go but Calvert-Lewin would get 35+ goals

Leeds on the other hand are essentially a championship group of players + Raphina and possibly James

Theyd be in the promition mix but I dont think theyd be certainties under Marsch

I just had a thought on this... I wonder if Everton do drop down and then blitz the league, get straight back up, will all the pundits be complaining about how 'boring' it is because the same teams are back up in the PL? 

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor

27 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Everton will keep enough of their players to walk the league

Richarlison would probably go but Calvert-Lewin would get 35+ goals

Leeds on the other hand are essentially a championship group of players + Raphina and possibly James

Theyd be in the promition mix but I dont think theyd be certainties under Marsch

No chance Everton keep enough players, they'd lose at least 75% of their 1st team. Calvert Lewin would go to a Brighton or the like for sure. They'd be relying on the kids next season. 

Everton would have a big rebuilding job on their hands, and seems they are unlikely to have any concrete plans for a season in the Championship.

Who cares really

The most disappointing season for a while in as much we seem completely devoid of any ideas regarding competing in this league 

3 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

No chance Everton keep enough players, they'd lose at least 75% of their 1st team. Calvert Lewin would go to a Brighton or the like for sure. They'd be relying on the kids next season. 

Which premier league clubs would want any of their players though?!?

Richarlison and probably Pickford aside , I dont see a big queue of clubs wanting any of that lot after the season theyre having

4 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Richarlison and probably Pickford aside , I dont see a big queue of clubs wanting any of that lot after the season theyre having

Benitez was recently quoted as saying his main problem was that he was unable to shift several players last summer 

6 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I see your point, but there would be a firesale just to get players off the books. Collectively they've been poor, but they've still got individual players other clubs in the Palace etc mould would want, especially on free transfers etc. 

9 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I thought Pickford, but then which EPL side would he improve enough to justify the outlay? Which regular starting keeper is he that much better than?

2 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I thought Pickford, but then which EPL side would he improve enough to justify the outlay? Which regular starting keeper is he that much better than?

Maybe he'll engineer a move abroad?

With a world cup in the middle of next season, I wouldnt have thought he would want to be operating in the championship to jeopordise his no.1 spot in the england team

Just now, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Maybe he'll engineer a move abroad?

With a world cup in the middle of next season, I wouldnt have thought he would want to be operating in the championship to jeopordise his no.1 spot in the england team

True, but he's a Southgate favourite, as we've seen with Mount and his appalling England performances, it takes a hell of a lot to not get picked when you enjoy that status.

Burnley have a lot of players at the end of their contracts but also have a lot of players who would suit the championship. Everton will have no relegation clause in any players contracts. Looking at their squad I'm also struggling to see who they could get decent money for on the wages they are on. Richarleson Pickford and Dacoure will be wanted but the level of clubs who would want them won't want those wages so they will have to be sold at knock down prices to accommodate this. They have spent so much money in the past that this season they could only buy players after selling digne to villa. They are a car crash waiting to happen. For me our best chance next season is with Everton in the championship. Leeds and Burnley would not be hit anything like Everton.