cambridgeshire canary

Binner captain banned for four games

That is soooooooooooooooo unfair 😢 .....those dirty,sh*t-housing Northern bar-stewards shouldn't be allowed in same league as such a great footballing side for getting their star man banned !!!!!!

4 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Looks a pretty standard red card, bit of intent certainly, but hardly any force into it. It’s pretty soft. But what’s with the extra ban, shouldn’t it be 3 matches?

I feel plenty of Norwich were fuming with Emi’s red card versus Burnley 2 seasons ago, I’d put it in a similar bracket personally 

Some of the comments on there are hilarious too. 

This part in particular - Anyhow, at least they enjoyed their big day out at a proper club in front of 20,000. Can’t be much fun knowing you only play for a glorified non league side, can it?

Thanks for sharing @FenwayFrank - you do have your uses! 

It dawned on me today just how few players of theirs that I know the names of, and I’ve genuinely forgotten their new managers name such is the feeling of distance between us.

Kinda tragic in a way.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Some of the comments on there are hilarious too. 

This part in particular - Anyhow, at least they enjoyed their big day out at a proper club in front of 20,000. Can’t be much fun knowing you only play for a glorified non league side, can it?

Thanks for sharing @FenwayFrank - you do have your uses! 

20,000? Blimey, Ipswich hitting a new all time attendence record 😳

34 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

20,000? Blimey, Ipswich hitting a new all time attendence record 😳

I had to check, according to BBC it was 20,126 but I understand they have had some offer previously for multiple games, so could be part of that. 

Decent short right...the ITFC boxing club (not recently won any titles at that either). 🥊🤣

Apples

2 hours ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Looks a pretty standard red card, bit of intent certainly, but hardly any force into it. It’s pretty soft. But what’s with the extra ban, shouldn’t it be 3 matches?

I feel plenty of Norwich were fuming with Emi’s red card versus Burnley 2 seasons ago, I’d put it in a similar bracket personally 

I think he's already had one straight red this season which means you get an extra game on the next one.

He does sound dirty as anything, 10 yellows in 22 games apparently.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

Don’t whisper it too loudly, they are up to 8th, five points off playoff.

Starting to get momentum and have good squad for that level.

I think they'll make the playoffs, may even get themselves a day out at Wembley. 

16 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Starting to get momentum and have good squad for that level.

I think they'll make the playoffs, may even get themselves a day out at Wembley. 

A- They make it to the playoff final, lose and bottle it and its hilarious

B- They get promoted only to get battered everywhere they go in the Championship next season and finish bottom and go straight back to league one

And both are pretty funny 

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

15 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

The new guy has managed four wins out of his first five games so maybe they've found a decent manager at last.

Still a lot to do as rivals mostly have games in hand but I wouldn't rule out a top six place entirely

15 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

They have played at least one game more than a number of teams above them, they’re also in the middle of a run of easier games. Sheffield Weds on Saturday although they’re blowing very hot and cold, perhaps Milton Keynes in a couple of weeks to find out whether they are now playing to their potential. 

I find this thread weird I cant even name a single ispwich player let alone know if one was banned

sometimes I will check there results but thats it

they are not even on my radar until we have a chance to play them again

Apparently this is currently their third season at L. 1. level, I had thought it their second.

That debt must be piling up again, especially as the American backers/investors have now seemingly ploughed quite a bit of money into the current squad.

Getting out of the third tier is the easy bit. Surviving an increasingly competitative  Championship season will be hard for that suspect squad without a lot more high expenditure.

I suppose the ideal outcome for the season would be for City to survive and for the binners to fall short. The former is probably the bigger turn up for the books, but the rest of the season offers interest at least.

Edited by BroadstairsR

40 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Only good thing about them going up is they are of course almost guarneteed to go straight back down

The thing is they wouldn’t be though. I can’t see them making the playoffs but if they did and won them it wouldn’t be good news. All the big clubs (stuck in League 1) seem to go from strength to strength once promoted back to the Championship. Ourselves, Leicester, Wolves, Sheffield Utd, Southampton, Leeds and plenty more prove that point. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

On 26/01/2022 at 12:14, cambridgeshire canary said:

A- They make it to the playoff final, lose and bottle it and its hilarious

B- They get promoted only to get battered everywhere they go in the Championship next season and finish bottom and go straight back to league one

And both are pretty funny 

Or their new owners splash the cash if they come up , and are upwardly mobile from then on ……. Oh I just woke up !
Joking aside apparently that new manager is a pretty switched on character with really good coaching nouse .

5 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

The thing is they wouldn’t be though. I can’t see them making the playoffs but if they did and won them it wouldn’t be good news. All the big clubs (stuck in League 1) seem to go from strength to strength once promoted back to the Championship. Ourselves, Leicester, Wolves, Sheffield Utd, Southampton, Leeds and plenty more prove that point. 

All the 'big' clubs ....yes.......but they're not a 'big' club,as much as they like think so.

Why,even that Poorman Road legend,Terry Butcher,doesn't think that they've ever been BIG 🤣

22 minutes ago, C.I.D said:

All the 'big' clubs ....yes.......but they're not a 'big' club,as much as they like think so.

Why,even that Poorman Road legend,Terry Butcher,doesn't think that they've ever been BIG 🤣

They are a pretty big for league one standard. Like I said I feel they’ll fall short this season but they’ll be competitive when promoted. 

29 minutes ago, C.I.D said:

Don't worry, it was only a few seasons ago some on here said that Ipswich were going to overtake us because Marcus Evans had more money than us.

To be fair, they've said it several times over the past 10 years.

Based on pure football probability they'll eventually get it right (and forget about all the times they were wrong...)