Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

******* **** MOTD

Big ears totally disrespectful to Idah by joking about the pronouncing of his name "Not sure if it's 'Eedah' or 'Eyedah' we'll settle for "Eedah", chuckle chuckle". 

Give me strength.

Edited by lake district canary
  • Like 1

He s4ags crisps

absolutely sick of him. The moneys he’s on for acting like an absolute remedial on TV week in week out. What he said about Adam was deliberately disrespectful because he’s a massive tw4t.

• Like 1

It is quite rude really, and it's not as if the MotD team aren't connected to enough people in football to have been able to find out how to pronounce the lad's name properly if they'd really been bothered about it, so it's just a mixture of laziness and arrogance.

• Like 1

It wasn’t that bad and if that’s all we’ve got to complain about today then we’re doing alright 

• Like 6

As Adam would say:-

image.png.965cb3412269b8773880da3e575c8ff5.png

Yeah really not hard to research that one.  Although to be fair, If it was off the cuff then it's no real disrespect at least Linekar offered up both pronunciations and laughed at his own lack of knowledge more than anything.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Yeah really not hard to research that one.  Although to be fair, If it was off the cuff then it's no real disrespect at least Linekar offered up both pronunciations and laughed at his own lack of knowledge more than anything.

As David Brent would say, it was nothing vicious 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Yobocop said:
13 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

As David Brent would say, it was nothing vicious 

I thought it was sloppy and rude.  Lack of knowledge and preparation for a show that is BBC's footballing showcase, for which he is paid a fortune.

Max was a better player when he was A-rons. 

Edited by Ramrod
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

I thought it was sloppy and rude.  Lack of knowledge and preparation for a show that is BBC's footballing showcase, for which he is paid a fortune.

I think you need to turn you tv up mate, clearly made a joke in reference to his name, Lineker loves a pun and has done it with several players in the past 

• Like 4

Just now, lake district canary said:

I do agree, but I hate MoTD for it's over-sterile lack of humanity - feels like robots reading from a script to me and bores me to tears the thought of watching it.  I'd rather see more off the cuff mistakes like that, if i'm being completely honest.

Also, very much felt the laugh was at his own lack of knowledge than any slur on Adam.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

I do agree, but I hate MoTD for it's over-sterile lack of humanity - feels like robots reading from a script to me and bores me to tears the thought of watching it.  I'd rather see more off the cuff mistakes like that, if i'm being completely honest.

Also, very much felt the laugh was at his own lack of knowledge than any slur on Adam.

It was more a play on words 

‘idah or ee-dah it could be either or eether’

certainly nothing to have a cow about 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Absolute knobend and been on our TVs far too much ever since he took over MOTD. His sly jibes towards Arsenal when Wenger was in charge were cringeworthy, and his instruction to a match where there has never been a goalless draw between the two teams was the worse….. “There has never been a nil-nil draw between these two sides… What are you waiting for!?….. that’s right!, the commentator!”. It was with that I actually lost it with him.

Tonight though, that laziness over not researching on how to pronounce a players name, was the worse.

The whole show does need a huge revamp; it’s just show a match… talk about it….. Lineker introduces the next one…… show a match…. talk about it….. Lineker introduces……. Rinse and repeat. It needs to be more entertaining, as the way they talk about the matches and analyse them is really boring and it makes me want them to hurry up and get onto the next one.

When Andy Gray had that VHS computer in 1996-1997 on Sky Sports to do his pre match and half time analysis on, that was brilliant and put MOTD with it’s clearly scripted analysis and match introductions to shame.

I’m on YouTube mostly these days for match highlights, not boring analysis. This show is worth having a “cow” over.

Edited by KernowCanary

3 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

It was more a play on words 

‘idah or ee-dah it could be either or eether’

Oh lol, I totally missed the pun.  duh, so they are just robots after all.  Damn!  Clearly scripted that one. 😞

Edited by Google Bot

9 minutes ago, fredherring said:

Lineker was being a massive racist. 

Black guys name. Joke you can't say it. 

How blatant does it have to be? 

Assume you’re taking the pisss here? 

6 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Mind you, how long were we all pronouncing Air-rons incorrectly?

But even Max wasn't aware for a long time.

5 hours ago, fredherring said:

Lineker was being a massive racist. 

Black guys name. Joke you can't say it. 

How blatant does it have to be? 

Have to agree with this one, Lineker out, campaign starts here.

In fairness, I don't think he really wasn't sure if the pronunciation, it was all just a build up to his 'joke'

MoTD needs refreshing. It's too matey now, invokes and banter between themselves.

Although, much to my annoyance and shock, I think Shearer has improved alot but maybe that'd because he was really **** before.

I do wish it was more like The Big Match revisited if anyone watches that on a sunday

Am I really in the minority in saying I like MOTD and quite like Lineker or is that it isn't the 'accepted' thing to say, so people don't?

• Like 1

Just now, Yellow Wal said:

Am I really in the minority in saying I like MOTD and quite like Lineker or is that it isn't the 'accepted' thing to say, so people don't?

Yes

9 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Big ears totally disrespectful to Idah by joking about the pronouncing of his name "Not sure if it's 'Eedah' or 'Eyedah' we'll settle for "Eedah", chuckle chuckle". 

Give me strength.

Irony meter blows a fuse 😀

• Haha 1

I didn’t think it was disrespectful, just a (poor) joke. Jeff Stelling does similar every week.

They did a nice piece on Adam afterwards too.