Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

No Recall On Hugill

Looks like we’re going with what we’ve got for the remainder of the season. Another blow but probably too late anyway to have made a difference. 

• Haha 1

Shame was hoping Dean would get the best out of him like he has placheta.

Onel loves this club, and hes always a good option off of the bench when the oppisiton are tired.

EDIT: Yes, I misread this thread as Onel. Not sure how. I'm blind clearly.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Is it a blow?  Hugill wasn't great in the champs for us or the baggies so what precisely would he offer in the prem?    If he is the answer we are asking all the wrong questions.

As for Onel would be a viable placheta / tzolis alternative but would stop their longer term development so costs as well as a possible benefit. But critically he wont make central midfield better or shore up the soft central defence which are bigger issues.

It might have been handy to have him as an option, whether or not people particularly rate him he does have his strengths.  
Surely any agreement can be cancelled if both parties agree (a la Amadou when he was here)

Edited by Branston Pickle

Fantastic news really.

I'm entirely confident that if Hugill was in League One with Ipswich they'd be declaring him a useless donkey.

Which to be fair, makes me want us to loan him to Ipswich next season with no option of return. 

• Thanks 1

If Hugill is any part of the answer to any questions this season, the question must involve some form of abduction of about 5-6 of our players.

No tah. Sargent has scored more goals than him against Championship opposition this season.

Hugill could still have had a big impact in the dressing room, even if he didn't contribute so much on the pitch

4 minutes ago, AJ said:

Hugill could still have had a big impact in the dressing room, even if he didn't contribute so much on the pitch

Didn't realise we had a vacancy for water bottle carrier, agree that as a big strapping lad he'd be quite good at that.

2 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Looks like we’re going with what we’ve got for the remainder of the season. Another blow but probably too late anyway to have made a difference. 

I can't imagine any scenario where JH would make a positive difference too our team

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, AJ said:

Great, so he'd want to come back here to be a coaching assistant?

Or do we weaken the bench to have him involved?

Onel, Hugill - none of them would improve the team.

Onel's not been fit or on form for practically 2 years and Hugill showed absolutely nothing last season (or, apparently, this) to suggest he'd make any impact whatsoever in the Prem.

Edited by kirku

Rowe is mobile and fearless (at the moment) a far better option off the bench. I can see the Hugill factor working in limited situations but generally they are where a 6ft gate post could do a similar job. I can't hate on the lad but he is no PL player.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I have it on good authority that the omission of a recall clause was deliberate, in case someone at the club got blind drunk and recalled him!

2 hours ago, AJ said:

Yes that’s all we need now a joker in the dressing room

Thought we had enough now masquerading as Premiership footballers 

Hugill is and always has been rubbish. It's not his fault we signed him but it was a terrible signing at the start of last season and would be an abomination in the Premier League. He can control it further than most players can kick it and looks f*cked after five minutes.  Nowhere near good enough and never was.

Just shows the state of our striker options that some want Hugill back.

Another £5million peed down the drain by our recruitment Guru Webber when we got him  from West Ham.

Looks like he's been absolutely useless at WBA. I thought he'd at least have remained competent at championship level as we'll probably need him next season again but it seems he's regressed.

How can anyone really want a championship failure as an option in the premiership? It’s remarkable that some think he’d suddenly step up to be a premiership player! Leave him be, he can’t even cut it in a very good Championship squad!

Edited by Indy

14 hours ago, AJ said:

What’s he going to do, tell em stories about missin sitters!    Give em a good chuckle and make em smile 😃 occasionally!

Edited by ged in the onion bag

17 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Truthfully, I’d rather have Drmic back. But I am willing to try anything/anyone at this stage

• Like 1