Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

The Cantwell saga continues.. £15 million bid to come?

9 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Or at least that's what we want, either that or a loan. Either way he's gone.

Stu said it would start with a 3 and be near the Buendia fee. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Fr. Chewy Louie said:

Loan with obligation isn't  much good if we're trying to raise funds for incomings

Unless our purchase deal is structured the same way. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

That was last summer, the fee will be affected by the passing of time. If they get £10M plus add on's it will be a good deal.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Newcastle like the player but 'at a lower price'! They can afford £15M without even noticing it!

If we're selling to them we should hold out for at least £20M ... other clubs would.

Edited by Cantiaci Canary

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:
1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

That was last summer, the fee will be affected by the passing of time. If they get £10M plus add on's it will be a good deal.

This has been like watching the tail wagging the dog ever since TC got into the first team. Stalling on signing contracts and so knowingly putting his value to the club down as time goes on. Losing his focus more than once when most needed and now the end result - the prospect of a cheap transfer out and disappointment for fans that he hasn't contributed as much as he ought to have done.  He would undoubtedly say it is down to the club and the manager(s) but taking everything into consideration, it leaves a sour taste in the mouth.  I've both praised him and criticised him over the last four years, but at this precise moment, I think the criticism outweighs the praise by quite a long way. Disappointing.

If he stays, which he could, then he had better pull his socks up, grow up, stop playing the "the local boy done good" card and produce something that is worthy of a footballer earning as much as he does.

Edited by lake district canary
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

I think £7-8m up front will get him, though selling to a relegation rival is pretty bizarre. An extra £5m if they stay up may be a small positive if we go down on GD below them.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

I think £7-8m up front will get him, though selling to a relegation rival is pretty bizarre. An extra £5m if they stay up may be a small positive if we go down on GD below them.

Lets be honest the signing of Cantwell is unlikely to be the deciding factor in them staying up or not

If he was playing to his true potential he would have given us more of a fighting chance but as he is at the moment he is more of a hinderance than a help

We need to hold out for 20 mill minimum, no less. He's still young so there's potential plus he's British which carries a premium in itself. Add to that there are 2 clubs interested which should hopefully drive the price.

Look at some of the crap youngsters Liverpool have sold recently for in excess of 20 million. 

41 minutes ago, Fr. Chewy Louie said:

Loan with obligation isn't  much good if we're trying to raise funds for incomings

Maybe not, but at least it might help improve the atmosphere in the club.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

This has been like watching the tail wagging the dog ever since TC got into the first team. Stalling on signing contracts and so knowingly putting his value to the club down as time goes on. Losing his focus more than once when most needed and now the end result - the prospect of a cheap transfer out and disappointment for fans that he hasn't contributed as much as he ought to have done.  He would undoubtedly say it is down to the club and the manager(s) but it taking everything into consideration, it leaves a sour taste in the mouth.  I've both praised him and criticised him over the last four years, but at this precise moment, I think the criticism outweighs the praise by quite a long way. Disappointing.

If he stays, which he could, then he had better pull his socks up, grow up, stop playing the "the local boy done good" card and produce something that is worthy of a footballer earning as much as he does.

Excellent post LDC.  I agree 100%.  If he’s medically and psychologically robust enough for another club to consider buying him it suggests very strongly that his “problems” are down to him being a petulant, spoilt and overpaid child. 

• Like 1

He’s used to playing in the black and white of Dereham Town, and his performances have been at a Dereham Town type level so it’s all sort of serendipitous. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, WD40 said:

He’s used to playing in the black and white of Dereham Town, and his performances have been at a Dereham Town type level so it’s all sort of serendipitous. 

With his attitude he’d struggle to get a job rounding up trollies at Dereham Tesco.

In hindsight he's done nothing for us this season, and a shame we couldn't have sold when his stock his higher.

If he's out of contract in summer it's in everyone's interests to move him on now. As LDC said, it's coming across he's doing everything to engineer a move away, and it feels right to sever things, get some sensible money in, and re-invest, as he's not going to help us much this year based on performances     

3 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

In hindsight he's done nothing for us this season, and a shame we couldn't have sold when his stock his higher.

If he's out of contract in summer it's in everyone's interests to move him on now. As LDC said, it's coming across he's doing everything to engineer a move away, and it feels right to sever things, get some sensible money in, and re-invest, as he's not going to help us much this year based on performances     

Yes, I agree with what you say, although part of me hates the idea that the brat is getting what he wants by doing his best to screw the club in what we all agreed was a crucial season. 

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

I though everybody said that if we play "hard-ball" with the player that his price would go up?

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

This has been like watching the tail wagging the dog ever since TC got into the first team. Stalling on signing contracts and so knowingly putting his value to the club down as time goes on. Losing his focus more than once when most needed and now the end result - the prospect of a cheap transfer out and disappointment for fans that he hasn't contributed as much as he ought to have done.  He would undoubtedly say it is down to the club and the manager(s) but taking everything into consideration, it leaves a sour taste in the mouth.  I've both praised him and criticised him over the last four years, but at this precise moment, I think the criticism outweighs the praise by quite a long way. Disappointing.

Your not wrong my man! Exactly how I feel! At least the likes of grealish kinda earned his move to Man City. What has cantwell done to earn a move away. 

3 minutes ago, Payno10 said:

Your not wrong my man! Exactly how I feel! At least the likes of grealish kinda earned his move to Man City. What has cantwell done to earn a move away. 

Sulked.

1 minute ago, Payno10 said:

He’s been putting in a hard shift every day sitting on his backside playing FIFA on his Playstation.  Fully deserving of his £1 million a year salary.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

So true. I feel personally burned for the weeks and weeks I spent sticking up for him on here all through his early ‘injury issues‘ this season.

Then it became clear under Farke that so much more was going on; not being available for full weeks of training, not being mentally focused on the team, not keeping himself in a fit state. But it could all still just have been a breakdown in relations between player and coach, couldn’t it? Something which could be sorted under a new management team.

Then the slate was finally wiped clean with Farke leaving the club, and it was time for Cantwell to show that it was all just a Farke-issue and not his own one. Well that ‘clean slate’ lasted all of 45 minutes under Dean Smith. Now he finds himself in the exact same spot, but one less place to consider pointing the finger of blame, in fact we’ve now only got one place left…

Of course he doesn’t deserve any of the abuse he has received. But I do think fans can quite rightly feel very let down from what has clearly been a complete lack of professionalism from a local lad and ‘one of our own’.

He had all the hallmarks of becoming an NCFC legend but has fallen so far (perhaps willingly so) that he’s now being shown the door for a desperate and undervalue transfer. If he goes then he will probably get boo’d the next time he rocks up at Carrow Road, if he relatively quickly finds form on the pitch with a new team, then I might just join on those boos….

Sour taste indeed!

• Like 6

Have to smile really. People were up in arms on here shortly after the new Newcastle owner was announced, a few even suggested Premier League clubs should refuse to sell to them. I wonder which Premier League will actually be the first to sell? Can't be Norwich City surely!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Have to smile really. People were up in arms on here shortly after the new Newcastle owner was announced, a few even suggested Premier League clubs should refuse to sell to them. I wonder which Premier League will actually be the first to sell? Can't be Norwich City surely!

Yep . You have to smile 😃 really. Amazing the flexibility of the human . 

Norwich  would never deal with that lot. 🤔🤥🤥🤥

Edited by Mengo

3 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Hurry up and go Todd Cantwell, with my best wishes, so I don't have to read any more piffle like this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, canarybubbles said:

Sulked.

I’m gonna try this at work and see if I can a transfer and a pay rise. I’ll let you all know how I get on in the experiment. 😂😂

3 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Hurry up and go Todd Cantwell, with my best wishes, so I don't have to read any more piffle like this.

Piffle that quite a few people seem to agree with.....

• Like 2