Sign in to follow this  
Samwam27

Divock Origi

Another ambitious player, Sky sports saying player is keen to stay in Premiership, we need a striker who will push, score and succeed Pukki, and is rumoured to be available for £10m this month, as free agent in summer.

Would you have him, if we can find funds? 

Wages - no. You simply haven’t got this. We can afford average championship wages - so upcoming talent or average champ players. When they get good enough to compete at this level they are sold 

He's just what we need up front, if we got him for 10m, then I'd be astounded. He'd probably want 3x the wage of any of our players. 

Can't see it happening 

Think there's more chance of my hanging out of Scarlett Johansson tonight than there is of him being affordable for us.

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Move along please, nothing to see here.

I sense you've used that line before!  

And people complain about my threads.. Least most of mine are realisitc! Yeah, I'm sure he wants to go from winning the prem and champions league to being paid half of what he is now to get relegated.

29 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Wages - no. You simply haven’t got this. We can afford average championship wages - so upcoming talent or average champ players. When they get good enough to compete at this level they are sold 

This be the truth.

49 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Think there's more chance of my hanging out of Scarlett Johansson tonight than there is of him being affordable for us.

Hanging out 'with' SJ tonite sounds a little more genteel than hanging out 'of' SJ ........but admittedly, not as much fun.😉😇👍

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Hanging out 'with' SJ tonite sounds a little more genteel than hanging out 'of' SJ ........but admittedly, not as much fun.😉😇👍

Nice to see you spotted the adroit use of prepositions there, Corky! 😉

6 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

No. We are getting Hugill back.

Really? Then we are truly fooked. Id rather sell Todd, get in Origi , pay him well , if he keeps up with goals then bonuses , with an agreement that he can move on at seasons end if we get back what we've laid out on him, gamble for us, gamble for him , he's not playing  a lot at 'pool.  Cant see it though.

Edited by wcorkcanary

1 hour ago, Samwam27 said:

Another ambitious player, Sky sports saying player is keen to stay in Premiership, we need a striker who will push, score and succeed Pukki, and is rumoured to be available for £10m this month, as free agent in summer.

I would have him but there is not a chance e will pay 10 million for him and neither is there any chance that he will come here. 

The number of people on this forum who cannot grasp that it's not the transfer fees but the 50+ grand a week wages that are the issue is staggering. 

It really is a "special" place. 

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

Really? Then we are truly fooked. Id rather sell Todd, get in Origi , pay him well , if he keeps up with goals then bonuses , with an agreement that he can move on at seasons end if we get back what we've laid out on him, gamble for us, gamble for him , he's not playing  a lot at 'pool.  Cant see it though.

Epic cuckoo land. 

2 hours ago, Samwam27 said:

He will only want about  £80k a week.

If we weren't owned by paupers we could afford to pay 50k+ per week in wages, whether or not he'd come here is another matter.

He'll probably end up signing for Sandcastle.

31 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

He will only want about  £80k a week.

Transfer fee £10 million. Six months wages £2 million. Total outlay £12 million. Pay back if he keeps us up around £60 million. Bargain if it works. A big if. 

1 hour ago, fredherring said:

Epic cuckoo land. 

Too stupid to read to the end.....and no sense of humour.  You must be fun.

Edited by wcorkcanary

4 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Least most of mine are realisitc!

Debatable! 😊 

This is the type of signing that could be possible if we were mid-table, e.g. like the time we wasted all that money on RVW.

But there is not a chance in hell he would be signing up for a relegation  battle unless he gets overpaid for it, e.g. if Newcastle fancy him. 

I did wonder if Newcastle might have a few bargains going, just they will end up with a massive squad possibly a couple of their squad players might become available - longstaff perhaps