Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Josh Sargent to score a 95th minute winner today?

24 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Now I'm not a gambling man but that's worth sticking a tenner on right? 😉

I will take your money. 😁

… now what can I spend that £10 on?!  

😂😂 I tell you what, If Josh Sargent scores an own goal today you’ll still be telling your grandchildren about the reaction it will get😂😂

Can Josh really be as bad as those misses suggest? If so it's amazing that he's an international footballer whose played at the level he has. Could he still come good?

Yes, I think that Josh really is that bad. He has had enough minutes and enough chances to prove that he can step up to this level. He has failed. We have been sold another pup.Webber!

Edited by kenfoggo

12 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Can Josh really be as bad as those misses suggest? If so it's amazing that he's an international footballer whose played at the level he has. Could he still come good?

I was just checking his stats and he was prolific as a youngster playing for the USA and 5 goals in 19 caps for the senior team isn't too bad. Klinsmann apparently rated him as well so as you say there is surely more to come from him (please God).

• Like 1

Hopefully it's related to confidence, and when that first goal comes we will see an absolute goal machine. 😜

Looking at it without prejudice, he has actually done ok with his hustling and tracking and is getting in good positions to score. Like @Ian suggests, confidence could be the thing and if he does get that first goal, expect others to follow.

• Like 1

Said before, I think he's trying too hard. His work rate is superb and a reason why I'd always find a space for him on the team sheet simply as he makes it hard work for defenders to play simple balls and slows down their build-up, not to mention gives us an ever-willing out ball when we're under the cosh.

• Like 1

He'll be gone by the end of next season having scored 2 goals in the Championship. I predict a loan spell to a Bundesliga 2 club January 2023, and then a cut price move to whoever fancies taking him. Simply not good enough and won't make it in England, no question about it.

4 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

1665989021_joshtrickshot.gif.89bad236e6aad4f1cffaed7267849256.gif

I can't wait for another of Josh's amazing trick shots.

As the great John Virgo almost once said, "Miss as many balls as you can."

OTBC

Imagine Josh on Strictly?....His dance partner would have seriously bruised toes an' ankles......

3 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Said before, I think he's trying too hard. His work rate is superb and a reason why I'd always find a space for him on the team sheet simply as he makes it hard work for defenders to play simple balls and slows down their build-up, not to mention gives us an ever-willing out ball when we're under the cosh.

i Get that all players have to Work hard 

Strikers are often the first form of defence with pressing 

but lets not forget their first Job and why they are Normally the most expensive and well paid is scoring goals

something we are lacking badly ,

Josh needs to start scoring or at least hit the target

fed up with signing hard working non scoring strikers 

19 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

1665989021_joshtrickshot.gif.89bad236e6aad4f1cffaed7267849256.gif

I can't wait for another of Josh's amazing trick shots.

As the great John Virgo almost once said, "Miss as many balls as you can."

OTBC

I still don't think he's a bad player, I think he's a player with the lowest confidence I've seen in professional football, especially in front of goal. 

It's going to take some serious man management to get him out of this. 

The word "winner" in the thread title makes this extremely long odds. Add "Josh Sargent to score" and you may as well give your money to charity.

Setting myself up for a fall here, which would be fantastic were it to happen!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

I still don't think he's a bad player, I think he's a player with the lowest confidence I've seen in professional football, especially in front of goal. 

It's going to take some serious man management to get him out of this. 

100% agree that confidence (or lack of) will be a factor but his touch looks awful. We can only hope that Smith can polish a t*rd because Josh looks like a solid ginger one at the mo.

Hope the lad comes good (both for him and us) but fear he's going to end up in the NCFC Donkey's Hall Of Fame.

OTBC

Was watching bits of the match but still managed to catch him stand on the ball in the box at the end of a promising attack.

Just not seeing how this guy makes a living as a professional footballer.