Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

The 'I'm eating humble pie' thread 🥧

Nah, I'm claiming the 'I was right all along' line. We played pretty much a 4-2-3-1 and it looked good. It almost went to sh*t when we reverted to 5-3-2 towards the end. It's all about the midfield.

• Like 2

I don't think anyone needs to eat any humble pie because we won a single game... we're only just beginning to climb our way up if we're going to get out of the terrible hole we're in! Then when can start discussing humble pie.

• Like 1

Just now, Petriix said:

Nah, I'm claiming the 'I was right all along' line. We played pretty much a 4-2-3-1 and it looked good. It almost went to sh*t when we reverted to 5-3-2 towards the end. It's all about the midfield.

Agreed, no idea why we reverted, it just confused things.  Keep it simple.

12 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

I don't think anyone needs to eat any humble pie because we won a single game... we're only just beginning to climb our way up if we're going to get out of the terrible hole we're in! Then when can start discussing humble pie.

Oh I dunno - if a couple of hours earlier you'd started a thread bemoaning the fact we weren't starting with Tzolis and Gilmour.............

I’ll happily stuff my face with it for today, but it has to be the start of something. 3 points today, we still need to get at least 2 more wins from the next 3 games.

• Like 3

No humble pie needed. We’ve been atrocious this season and one very good win doesn’t change what came before. What it hopefully changes is what is to come now 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Oh I dunno - if a couple of hours earlier you'd started a thread bemoaning the fact we weren't starting with Tzolis and Gilmour.............

Ah - I wasn’t talking about team selections in my response I was talking about overall fan mood and people’s position RE Farke in or out. I guess CC did start that thread, so perhaps that is why he started this one too. If so I’ve misread it in my first reply. 

I must admit I was a bit perplexed to see Dowell and McLean keep their places. I don’t really think anyone needs to eat humble pie though after one good result, similarly I wouldn’t want anyone who’s been happy with our line ups to eat humble pie when we’ve been ****… The fans were in a dark place prior to the game, and let’s face it there’s been plenty of good reason for that kind of feeling amongst supporters so far this season! 

Pleased there is finally something to get behind. Hopefully a corner turned and let’s see where we’re at in a few more games time - we’ve got some winnable fixtures coming up!

22 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

I still think they both deserve the chance to start more often than they do

But I'm keeping my mouth shut for once 😉

Incredible battling performance. Finally Farke gets all his players playing so well done

Immense job by the defenders, can we stick with Omo & Gibson, and a starting formation that looked promising

• Like 1

No humble pie needed.

It proves that under the right leadership this squad can win football matches.

A long way to go yet and two vital home matches coming up, but the season is still alive and there is something for Farke or the next man to work with.

Agreed. Not humble pie at all. Just happy because we won and not upset because we lost playing badly.  Today we played better but the second half showed we still have to produce a 90 minute performance to feel better. But its a start and makes my weekend so much better.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

It does taste good mind..

Good for you Cambridge, I’m having apple pie and custard later…..tastes better with a win…..have a beer and chill….🍻

• Like 1

Humble pie? Hardly.... Its papering over the cracks for me, but I'll enjoy it whilst I can. 

Only 6 points needed to not become the 'worst team to ever perform on the Premier League' 

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

Agreed. Not humble pie at all. Just happy because we won and not upset because we lost playing badly.  Today we played better but the second half showed we still have to produce a 90 minute performance to feel better. But its a start and makes my weekend so much better.

The consistent flagging of performances in the second half has been 100% the psychological pressure of not having a win under their belts. Hopefully todays result will go a long way to addressing that on its own. 

1 hour ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

If everyone who has criticised Farke or the club in recent weeks posts here, this thread is going to rival Fabio Quagliarella's.

It's just one win, I wont be warming the oven unless we go on a good run between now and Christmas that sees us out of the bottom three. I am glad of the three points though, it feels like a weight lifted. Let's see if we can build on it.

2 hours ago, Petriix said:

Actually going to 5-3-2 made us more defensively sound and after that Brentford didn’t have a sniff 

good tactics from our much maligned coach 

8 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

Actually going to 5-3-2 made us more defensively sound and after that Brentford didn’t have a sniff 

good tactics from our much maligned coach 

You were watching a different game to me then. We held on, but Aarons was exposed.