chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Brentford (A/PL) ****

3 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

I just don’t think he offers enough, he’s neat and tidy but he needs quality players around him (like Buendia and Cantwell) to bounce off. He won’t offer us anything other than a decent left peg for crossing and free kicks (though even that that was very much absent vs Leeds).

Maybe a bit harsh and I agree Tzolis also looked really poor when he came on, but I’d still back him with his pace and power with the ball to be more likely to create something out of nothing today. Which, let’s face it, is what we need from our attacking players at the moment because they’re getting **** all service. 

I think he’s choosing Dowell hoping he can unlock a throughball or two to Pukki, someone needs to. Ghost of Buendia in that selection choice I think.

Its coming to a point in the season when you are losing hope and interest, unless already lost.  Not looking forward to Champs next season with this team.  Remember the top 26 years.

Not the most inspiring team… would be interested to know the coach drivers selection..! 😂

0AC18E36-E5EA-49E1-B906-4B9E42958ACF.jpeg

Edited by yellow_belly

10 minutes ago, robertociNCFC said:

Christ not the most inspiring team selection, for Farke's sake Norwich please get 3 points, i've forgotten what winning feels like 😞

WINNING?!??!

What alien concept is this? How does this 'winning' thing work? It doth sound like witchcraft to me! Begone Satan, and take all your vile 'winning' pixies with you; we don't indulge in that kind of thing here.

OTBC

• Haha 3

All the flair seems to have been squeezed from the squad/team.

Buendia sold, Hernadez shipped out, Cantwell ostracised, Gilmour and Tzolis benched and even Gianoulllis who has more inventiveness than Williams.

This could be the worst PL side that we have started with for a long time.

Recently Gibson has had a lot of stick from people for not being up to it. If current games are anything to go by, Hanley and Kabak are seen as the 1st choice for two at the back. With that considered, we are playing our 3rd and 4th choice centre backs available for selection at this point.

Taking that into account, would you sacrifice a battling midfielder in front of them for Gilmour? I think perhaps that he has gone for a three in the middle who can battle Brentford's 5 man midfield. We'll see how it works out. Not the strangest decision for me.

I think Tzolis or Giannoulis are the more confusing ones for me.

For what’s worth, my team would be…
Krul
Aarons. Gibson AO Williams
Rashica, Normann, Gilmour, Tzolis
Pukki, Idah

(I would bring Cantwell back for Tzolis if possible)

I genuinely don't think it matters who plays and who doesn't, until we have a change of manager our fortunes are going to vary very little whoever is picked.

Edited by Gordon Bennett

39 minutes ago, king canary said:

That midfield is super uninspiring. Can't see where the creativity is coming from.

It's warming the bench and getting more and more pissed off by the minute.

Utter madness! 

Back to the 4-3-3 that worked so well earlier in the season. Why does he think that this useless 3-man midfield will suddenly come good?

We need a solid centre and our creative players in the right places to hurt the opposition. Pukki needs a number 10. This is just a mess.

8 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Wish Farke would have gone with this..

11.png

Same personnel, but bring Normann and Gilmour deeper and more central and bring the wide AMs deeper too. 4-2-3-1 not 4-3-3.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Wish Farke would have gone with this..

11.png

Just for clarification - is that a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-3? Only it looks like the latter with Dowell playing as one of the midfield 3. 

Just found these interesting statistics:

Norwich City all-time totals

Games won: 1753
Games drawn: 1197
Games lost: 1702
Goals for: 6622
Goals against: 6607
Average goals for: 1.42
Average goals against: 1.42

Just now, chicken said:

Just for clarification - is that a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-3? Only it looks like the latter with Dowell playing as one of the midfield 3. 

I said on another thread that pretty much every fan would moreorless pick the same team. That Farke deviates so much from the hive mind shows he is basing his selection on something other than match performances, which is all the fans see, and in the end is the only thing which is relevant.

How well a player does in training or how Farke gets on with them has no relevance to match day performance.

Whatever, it’s the team picked.  Come on boys, time to show fight, determination, something.

Pretty please !! 

Edited by Danbury Yellow

2 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

At the Brentford pub pre game 

279FE5D7-7E61-4968-ADCA-1029C4752A8D.jpeg

You should stay this is not looking good 

16 minutes ago, chicken said:

Recently Gibson has had a lot of stick from people for not being up to it. If current games are anything to go by, Hanley and Kabak are seen as the 1st choice for two at the back. With that considered, we are playing our 3rd and 4th choice centre backs available for selection at this point.

But they’re all very close in quality aren’t they? 3rd and 4th choice yes but both players have featured a fair bit this season and both players would’ve featured in plenty of fans starting 11s at various points in the season. Omobamidele was our best player last weekend and Kabak has been more than a bit of a liability at the back. It’s hardly a massive hindrance IMO.