Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Positive outlook thread- we can do this!

Crunch time for this season, for Farke and the team so time for positive thinking.  Yes, it can be a big help, even if you aren't going to the game, there is a power in positive thinking if enough people do it!

So -

Come on you Yellows!  We can do this, the majority of fans are right behind you and those that aren't don't matter! Go for it! 

All other positive messages welcome below!

(Well aware some might find this thread cringeworthy, but that is fine by me)

(Oh and try and refrain from personal insults if you possibly can, some people believe in this kind of stuff, even if you don't. Thank you)

I prefer realistic thinking myself.

Things are heading downwards at the moment but at some stage in the future they will head back up again. That we don't  know how long the pendulum takes to swing is all part of the fun and whether I think positively or negatively will not have one iota of an effect on when this will be.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

There’s nobody who’s actively against the club I don’t think. There’s some fans that are more disinterested or whatever but we aren’t quite at cheering opposition goals yet. I wouldn’t worry so much about it.

I would like to agree with you, but judging by this site there is now a critical mass of 'fans' who want Farke out and nothing will appease them. 

5 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

I would like to agree with you, but judging by this site there is now a critical mass of 'fans' who want Farke out and nothing will appease them. 

Past form suggests getting Farke out won't appease them..

• Like 1

Is it ok to not be pro or anti Farke? I honestly don’t feel any particular way right now I feel I am, along with the club, caught in a weird malaise/purgatory situation at the moment. 

I do like going to the football though and I’ll turn up tomorrow and hope to see some good football. Hope we win, or score, or get a corner or something.

• Like 1

I do not want Farke out, but I DO want him to show that he is competent to do the job at this level. I’ll be cheering for the Yellows again on Sunday, but they HAVE to produce the goods on the field of play. No repeat of the Chelsea debacle.

Edited by kenfoggo
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Past form suggests getting Farke out won't appease them..

You're probably right. They certainly seem much happier when we are getting the same number of points as Ipswich over a season because then they can whinge and whine. 

Every fan especially those of us who go start every game with a positive attitude and outlook but then it’s up to the club and team to come to the party. 

If things continue tomorrow as the have been and as I fear they will you can’t expect people not to question during the game selection, tactics and effort. 

I don't see what benefit a delusional positive outlook has when the facts point to us just not being good enough or the right type of team to compete in this league. 

The players we have aren't good enough to play Farke's style of football in this league. To thrive in this league with lesser quality players you need to have lots of pacy players and be good on the break, you need to get the basics right defensively, you need to work incredibly hard off the ball (which means not gently trotting back when you lose it) you need to be clever with set pieces and offer a threat from them, you need to be able to find team mates in space with lots of long passes to beat oppositions press and you need the athleticism to compete and cover enough ground to be able to keep the ball and win it back.

We can't or won't do any of these things. We play at a snails pace, all short tippy tappy passes that don't threaten the opposition, we're slow and we don't commit to counter attacks, we make mistakes defensively  regularly, we don't work hard enough against the ball and we don't press teams, we have no threat from corners or free kicks and we're just not fit or athletic enough to keep up with the pace and intensity that others teams play at. 

How exactly does Farke turn this around? Has he not been working hard enough already? Has he been holding back tactically up until this point? Is he going to suddenly change his playing philosophy over night? Great coach outside of the PL when he doesn't have comparatively weak set of players, but not what we need if we're ever going to survive in this league. 

Got the opportunity to take my dad to the game tomorrow, who got me into football in the first place and took me home and away when I was young. Life is in the way now and he rarely gets to go.

For that reason I'm looking forward to tomorrow and the last game he attended we were 3-0 down to forest i think and we drew 3-3? Entertainment at least..

• Like 7

55 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Crunch time for this season, for Farke and the team so time for positive thinking.  Yes, it can be a big help, even if you aren't going to the game, there is a power in positive thinking if enough people do it!

So -

Come on you Yellows!  We can do this, the majority of fans are right behind you and those that aren't don't matter! Go for it! 

(Oh and try and refrain from personal insults if you possibly can, some people believe in this kind of stuff, even if you don't. Thank you)

Who was it who only yesterday castigated another poster for repeating the same tired opinion:
“for the umpteenth time”?  
”Don’t bother answering, it’s rhetorical”.
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Yes, it can be a big help, even if you aren't going to the game, there is a power in positive thinking if enough people do it!

I honestly have nothing against people being more positive than me but this is pure horse****.

I will be there tomorrow, I will be fully behind the team cheering them on, offering encouragement...... BUT put in yet another limp display and wether some oik who doesn't go to games thinks it's tinpot or not I will boo the **** out of them after the game. 

3 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

I will be there tomorrow, I will be fully behind the team cheering them on, offering encouragement...... BUT put in yet another limp display and wether some oik who doesn't go to games thinks it's tinpot or not I will boo the **** out of them after the game. 

And I doubt you’d be alone!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

This is completely normal behaviour and I've never understood anybody who thinks it isn't.

• Like 6

For all the talk of crisis, if we win tomorrow we are off the bottom and right back in the mix. Please, if you're going tomorrow, give the boys everything you can from first whistle to last. 

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

So -

Well at least you have stated that tomorrow is crunch time for Farke and the team. I must say that i am somewhat surprised that you have said that Lakey with just a quarter of the season gone unless of course you got up this morning and started to smell the coffee .

Edited by TIL 1010

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Got the opportunity to take my dad to the game tomorrow, who got me into football in the first place and took me home and away when I was young. Life is in the way now and he rarely gets to go.

For that reason I'm looking forward to tomorrow and the last game he attended we were 3-0 down to forest i think and we drew 3-3? Entertainment at least..

i hope the Boys you give your dad a good Performance ! if we score 3 goals Again i am sure we will all chip in to get a taxi and ticket to every Game !! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Real Buh said:

Is it ok to not be pro or anti Farke? I honestly don’t feel any particular way right now I feel I am, along with the club, caught in a weird malaise/purgatory situation at the moment. 

I do like going to the football though and I’ll turn up tomorrow and hope to see some good football. Hope we win, or score, or get a corner or something.

Sounds fair ,  put  it this way, City's  results,  have little or no effect on my actual  life. I just like footy  and like it when city are doing well , but when they aren't  ,  of course  I don't enjoy  it but I sleep eat and function  just as well. 

1 minute ago, norfolkngood said:

i hope the Boys you give your dad a good Performance ! if we score 3 goals Again i am sure we will all chip in to get a taxi and ticket to every Game !! 

As long as we haven't conceded 28 in the process lol 

• Haha 1

I Think after tomorrow we are going to know which way this goes 

A good performance maybe a win and proof farke might turn it round 

a loss and poor Performance and Webber and co will hear what the fans think of the the interviews this week and i think it will be Toxic 

As someone else noted, a win tomorrow and we are off the bottom, in fact higher than the richest football club in the world.  Nice cheeky inventive that, onwards and upwards.  Then out of form Brentford next…..come on boys! 

2 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

I Think after tomorrow we are going to know which way this goes 

A good performance maybe a win and proof farke might turn it round 

a loss and poor Performance and Webber and co will hear what the fans think of the the interviews this week and i think it will be Toxic 

It's exactly this, never have we had a more "must win" game this early into a season. Lose and we're 8 points adrift after claiming only 2 in over 1/4 of a season, no way we claw that back.

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Yes, it can be a big help, even if you aren't going to the game, there is a power in positive thinking if enough people do it!

You have your cause and effect the wrong way around. 

I find it highly unlikely that we'll turn things around. So I think the best approach is to sit back and enjoy the car crash. Everyone loves a good disaster movie.

My plan is to moan about the rubbish formation when the teams are announced, get behind the team during the game, boo loudly when we concede due to Kenny McLean getting caught out of position, then go on about how the win was never possible with that flawed system afterwards.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1