BaltimoreBird

Team for Burnley

I think I'd give today's formation another go. We controlled the ball for some rather lengthy portions of the game, especially in the second half. I'd replace Williams with Dimi, and I would think Milot and Tzolis will find more time on the pitch. Gilmour fit anywhere in the starting 11?

Krul

Aarons Omobamidele Hanley Williams

Rashica Normann Sorenson Giannonulis

Tzolis

Sargent

Match them up in a 442. I'd play Williams and Giannoulis on the left to deal with McNeil who is a brilliant, criminally underrated player and also happens to be the type of pacy, tricky winger who causes us problems so I'd double up on him. I'd play as many physical players as possible like Normann and Sorenson, this just isn't the game for a Pukki or Mclean sorry to say. 

Rashica and Tzolis to hit them on the counter and to play low crosses into Sargent to try to bundle something in. 

We stay solid and compact like today and compete man for man, prepare for a battle and give as good as we get. No passing around the back, no knocking it about near their box either. Win the ball, give it to Rashica or Tzolis to run with or use Sargent if we need an outball then again, lay off to a winger and run at them.

I'm sure many including Farke would balk at my lineup and strategy but i think being pragmatic that is on paper the best way to deal with them. I don't like 3 at the back, it gives an an excuse to mess around with it and our CB's are all pretty poor across the board, having one more in there won't help. The only question mark for me in my lineup is Sorensens lack of game time, but apart from Normann all of our other CM's are too weak to play against Burnley, I would genuinely play a 35 year old Alex Tettey alongside Normann if we still had him over all of our other options 

• Like 1

If Normann's injured you'd like to think Sorenson might be considered, as we did buy him as a CDM.

For whatever reason Farke isn't tho, and disappointingly, Rupp and Mclean are always preferred ahead, regardless of their performances (and add to that Gilmour & PLM) so unless we have another injury crisis can't see Sorenson playing (unless he really steps up his game in training)

It's baffling what's going on behind the scenes with Sorenson as he's always looked accomplished when he's played in CDM, or LB

• Like 2

Same formation, similar team.

Dimi in at wingback. McClean dropped, that was horrendous and a statement needs to be made.

I have kinda felt the Sorenson thing was all a bit ridiculous, but I don't really want Rupp in there and Gilmour would be massacred (I still think there will be games for him this year, he was a mixed bag in the cup game against Liverpool but not next week) so I suppose I'd see what he could do.

Up top is hard to decide. I think I wouldn't be too disappointed in whichever combination was picked, as long as the wingbacks actually play as wingbacks. 

Don't care

Don't care don't care don't care don'tcare

Don't care        don't care

Don't care      don't care       don't care

Don't care 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Ken Hairy said:

Don't care

Don't care don't care don't care don'tcare

Don't care        don't care

Don't care      don't care       don't care

Don't care 

4-2-3-1 is not going to help.

Krul

Mumba omobamidele Hanley Williams Aarons Gibson Zimmerman Williams Giannoulis 

Normann 

Sargent     

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BaltimoreBird said:

I think I'd give today's formation another go. We controlled the ball for some rather lengthy portions of the game, especially in the second half. I'd replace Williams with Dimi, and I would think Milot and Tzolis will find more time on the pitch. Gilmour fit anywhere in the starting 11?

I would give it another go too. The only possible change I would make might be  Andy for one of the other centre backs

6 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Well stop filling the message board then.

Nope 🤷‍♂️How about you just ignore me? 

1 hour ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Krul

Normann 

Sargent     

Bit too attacking for my tastes, maybe stick Normann back there aswell for safeties sake.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, robertociNCFC said:

Bit too attacking for my tastes, maybe stick Normann back there aswell for safeties sake.

Sargent out for Gunn 👍

Here's a ridiculous idea: remember when we used to win games almost every week? How about we do the things that we did back in those glory-days?

Krul

Aarons    Omibamedele    Hanley   Giannoulis

Normann         McLean

Tzolis            Dowell          Cantwell

Pukki

If I see some kind of combination of Lees-Melou, Gilmour, Williams or Rashica in the starting lineup again or anything resembling a 3 man midfield, I'm going to lose my sh*t. These players are not familiar with how we play when we're actually winning.

• Like 2

GK: Tim KRUL
LWB: Dimitrios GIANNOULIS
LCB: Ben GIBSON
CB: Grant HANLEY
RCB: Andrew OMOBAMIDELE
RWB: Max AARONS
CDM: Jacob SÖRENSEN
LCM: Pierre LEES-MELOU
RCM: Mattias NORMANN (if injured with a hamstring, then Lukas RUPP)
CF: Teemu PUKKI
CF: Josh SARGENT

If we're going to put Tzolis on the pitch off the bench, I'd rather he have his Greek team-mate on at the same time. Need a physical presence up top against Burnley as they will make you scrap. As someone else said, McNeil is a very decent young winger for them, and that Cornet looks like he's got something about him.

Rather have Omobamidele's mobility and physicality in the back line. Could argue Kabak for Gibson at LCB. Would usually go with McLean over Rupp for this one, but two capital schnitzers in the last two games leading to goals aren't pretty to watch.

Same set up. But Kenny has to be benched after a series of catastrophic howlers. Sörensen is the only upgrade I can imagine for Burnley. 

There is no point in Pukki for this game and I couldn’t bear watching Idah running around like a lost sheep again so Tzolis has to start.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Krul

Normann 

Sargent     

Poor Lungi Sorensen still doesn't get a look in! 

• Haha 1

Why is everyone so keen to remain with a back 3 after 2 games with a 0-5 aggregate against Liverpool reserves and an Everton side who had an off day and would have struggled to beat any of the 18 other Premier sides today? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clever Farke said:

Same set up. But Kenny has to be benched after a series of catastrophic howlers. Sörensen is the only upgrade I can imagine for Burnley. 

There is no point in Pukki for this game and I couldn’t bear watching Idah running around like a lost sheep again so Tzolis has to start.  

Krul

Aarons Kabak Gibson Giannoulis 

Normann PLM

Rashica Cantwell Tzolis

Sargent

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Why is everyone so keen to remain with a back 3 after 2 games with a 0-5 aggregate against Liverpool reserves and an Everton side who had an off day and would have struggled to beat any of the 18 other Premier sides today? 

To be fair we didn’t have a back three when the second went in.

Also bar Kabaks blunder we looked pretty solid so I’m not convinced it’s the wrong move personally.

2 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

To be fair we didn’t have a back three when the second went in.

Also bar Kabaks blunder we looked pretty solid so I’m not convinced it’s the wrong move personally.

Exactly, we'd gone 4-2-3-1 when they scored their second as Tzolis and Rashica were on the pitch, and Kabak had been taken off as he was probably one foul away from a yellow/red.

Krul

aarons Andrew O. Gibson Giannapoulos

Norman.   Sorenson

Tzolis.   PLM.  Gilmour

Sargent

Very difficult to think what will work best. We need to be up to the physical battle, that's for sure, so maybe -

Krul

Omobamidele Hanley Kabak

Aarons     Lees-Melou     Normann    Giannoulis

Rashica  Idah  Tzolis