With all the midfielders arriving is it me or would it not be a surprise that McLean ends up being sold to Rangers? McLean wasn’t good enough last time in the PL and I would argue he wasn’t stand out in the Championship neither. If a decent offer came in from Rangers if it was me I’d sell. 

• Confused 1

A loan would be far more likely than a sale and even then I just don't see it happening, we need him knowing our luck with injuries

That and why would we sell the Mayor of Norwich? Now that would be very foolish

I am sure if they make a ridiculous offer for Kenny we would sell, but the rest of your thread is trolling I guess. 
If he wasn’t any good in the EPL, guess you think he wouldn’t be very good in the Champions League. If he thought he was moving why would he help get his friend Billy Gilmour to sign for the club ?

If only you were Stuart Webber we would be in League 1

Edited by Well b back
  • Like 2

McLean didn’t cut it in the PL last time round but then he had no PL experience and I don’t think he played a major part in our last promotion either. This time it’s a lot different though. I’m not saying he will cut it, but I certainly think he stands a much better chance of cutting it than before. I think he’s done very well for us this season, and in our last PL season he played in all but one of the fixtures (37), so does now have some PL experience.

Like others have already said, why do some fans still underrate him? I don’t think he’s our greatest player, but I certainly think he’s a decent part of our squad

• Like 5

Most of our squad didn't cut it last time around but they've grown a lot since then. McLean was integral last season and will be this, end of

10 hours ago, Herman said:

Why is Kenny still under rated by some?

McLean has improved every season he's been at Carrow Rd. 

Selling him would be as daft as that time we sold Bradley Johnson.

• Like 3

He is underrated because his real name isn’t Xavi McMessi. He’s probably our most complete all round midfielder, do like to see him playing a bit more advanced though, and he’s not bad with ball at his head either - ask Man City.

• Like 1

Maclean has grown as a player every season he's been with us. Has occasional lapses in form , but in plenty of matches last season was superb.  Would be surprised if he doesn't have another great season for us.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Although to be fair, what has Johnson done since?

His time with Derby "City" went well didn't it? Just extended his stay at Blackburn by a year. 

Edited by chicken

I'm not one to jump to the defense of faltering players but he's shown some real quality in tight spots and building from the back. 

I've said this before but he will keep or carry the ball longer than i thought was necessary at times but then he'll suddenly pick a pass and it makes sense.

He has a certain intelligence when he's on the ball that is important to us.

• Like 1

Kennys  like a fine wine or a fine cheese , he just improves with age , he will be good next season , I was never a Kenny fan for the first 2 years he played for us , but he improved and his performances won me around , let's all get behind him otbc.

15 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

BJ's was a good championship player but passing wasn't up to PL standards.

3 minutes ago, Thingy said:

BJ's was a good championship player but passing wasn't up to PL standards.

Yeah but he should never have been sold , he would still have been a good squad member , not just first 11 .🍈

I guess the club thought it was a good offer for a player not good enough for the PL and could use the money to try to sign someone who might be.

5 minutes ago, Thingy said:

I guess the club thought it was a good offer for a player not good enough for the PL and could use the money to try to sign someone who might be.

Yeah but is not like they got good money for him 

7 hours ago, Canary dwarf said:

Yeah but is not like they got good money for him 

I dunno, we got over £6m for him (according to transfermatkt it was £7.29!) Which felt like really good money at the time...and was in fact Derby's record signing...

27 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

I dunno, we got over £6m for him (according to transfermatkt it was £7.29!) Which felt like really good money at the time...and was in fact Derby's record signing...

did we really get that much for him , actually that is sizeable back then.

On 17/07/2021 at 00:08, AJ said:

Most of our squad didn't cut it last time around but they've grown a lot since then. McLean was integral last season and will be this, end of

McLean was too slow in PL, too weak, doesn’t create enough and doesn’t score enough. Apart from that he’s ideal. Don’t get me wrong Kenny gives 100% and does a job in The Championship and would be a squad player at best in PL but due to his age, his love for Rangers I’d let him go if a decent offer come in and get someone in who’s an upgrade in each area. 

With the arrival of Gilmour, the Rangers connection, the similar playing positions. I'd fully expect McLean to be mentoring Gilmore this season, plus also have some impact at times on the pitch as he's a decent player. Can't see him leaving tbh

Edited by Michael Starr
  • Haha 1

At least your failure to appreciate the mayor is consistent with your failure to appreciate we currently have less midfielders than last season.. 

McLean is integral for Farke, he won't be going anywhere yet. I think Scotland would have been stronger at the Euro's had Kenny not been missing, he's hugely rated by the Scotland contingent and rightfully so. Will be good to see him making a comeback soon

For a start, we are likely to have a different setup and attitude to two seasons ago. And he showed last season his worth to this club. And we will need a decent amount of midfield players this season who have played in the Prem against the De Bruyne's etc.

Why sell him and have to find someone better?