Sign in to follow this  
Ward 3

England vs Ukraine

13 hours ago, duke63 said:

Southgate should have been watching Italy v Belgium last night.

THAT'S how to play football, not the turgid dull 'let's make sure we don't concede' Hughton-style of football that Southgate favours.

If only we had lost 6 - 5 

We would have been ‘ Going Home ‘

Just got my email from England supporters, get in.

Semi-Final Ticket Information
trans.gif
This email is for

England will play in the Semi-Final of UEFA Euro 2020 on Wednesday 7 July at Wembley Stadium

The England Supporters Travel Club will have an allocation of at least 8,477

Your Sale Window

We can confirm that you are in Sale Window 3 which runs from 10am until 1pm on Monday 5 July
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Well b back said:

Its bizarre. Belgium played that style of football as much as Italy and they've been sent packing. So did France and they've gone packing.

It only takes bare minimum research to see tournaments are won primarily on the back of a solid defence. That we've not concede a single goal is fantastic, especially when we have the individual quality in attacking areas to create that moment of magic on more than one occasion.

• Like 1

Just now, Well b back said:

You still fail to see my argument. I don't have any great allegiance to England winning, I watch the Euros to be entertained.

That said, tonight England looked far better balanced with Sancho in the team.

And I would choose Bellingham over Phillips if I were manager.

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Its bizarre. Belgium played that style of football as much as Italy and they've been sent packing. So did France and they've gone packing.

It only takes bare minimum research to see tournaments are won primarily on the back of a solid defence. That we've not concede a single goal is fantastic, especially when we have the individual quality in attacking areas to create that moment of magic on more than one occasion.

Not to mention the Netherlands, one high scoring game and people were gushing, but they’ve been sent home too!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

😂😂😂

I assume I am one of the moaners and I have already passed on my congratulations.

There was nothing to criticise tonight. It was spot on.

I thought tonight was very good, much like the BBC pundits who thought we started the tournament "slow" but tonight was a totally different England.

Or were you just having a moan because there were no moaners?

You need to move on sunshine.

Don’t worry KG, I think he may be aiming his post at himself anyway-

On 18/06/2021 at 21:54, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Bashford won’t even need a shower . What an abject performance from the team and the manager . Total sh1te. 

On 19/06/2021 at 08:12, Graham Paddons Beard said:

The Sterling love in gets me . 
Playing in the Man City team surrounded by world class players got him so far , but even then Citeh’s progress in the Champions league was when he didn’t play. Soon as he gets back in the Final , City lose 

Last night he ran up blind alleys , lost the ball and created nothing . 

The team seem to have untouchables - Sterling being one and Rashford another . Game was screaming out for Lewin but instead a passive (injured?) Kane gets subbed for Rashford who ended up coming back to the half way line . 

The real nonsense of the whole piece is that England have a better team than Scotland .They don’t . Scotland have almost as many Prem players as us . Scotlands two full backs are better than our Full backs at Club level. 

1 minute ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Not to mention the Netherlands, one high scoring game and people were gushing, but they’ve been sent home too!

Good point.

I mean I get what people are saying to a degree, if we'd played defensive boring football but still conceded goals, lost games etc id be the first to complain but the opposite has been true.

• Like 2

Just now, duke63 said:

You still fail to see my argument. I don't have any great allegiance to England winning, I watch the Euros to be entertained.

That said, tonight England looked far better balanced with Sancho in the team.

And I would choose Bellingham over Phillips if I were manager.

No I dont
If you don’t think that’s exciting you should have been at Wembley Tuesday night.

At this level if you go gunhoe as you suggest you will be ripped apart, put into perspective on Tuesday the opposition had 8 champions league players and 4 World Cup winners on the pitch during the 90 minutes.

I shall be at Wembley Wednesday night and basically I don’t care how boring it is, 1:0 will be fine and I trust Southgate 100% who luckily will be picking a team he thinks will win rather than one that will try to make the doubters happy. 

• Like 4

Two of my three Euro charity bets with nutty are still extant (somehow Slovakia won a game when I said they would lose all three). That England will get knocked out in the semis and that Italy will win the tournament. I am now more than ever convinced one of those will prove correct and the other will not...🤓

12 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Good point.

I mean I get what people are saying to a degree, if we'd played defensive boring football but still conceded goals, lost games etc id be the first to complain but the opposite has been true.

Spot on.

Away from the U.K. and Italy most have been saying there will be a final Italy v England as they are the two best defensive teams and most other teams are likely to concede a couple of goals per game.

Football is about winning and now we are in the knockout stages, if you can keep a clean sheet, you have 120 minutes to score and with Kane, Sterling, Mount, Sancho, Sako, Grealish, Calvert Lewin, Rashford in your squad it would take a lot of luck for the opposition to stop us scoring.

• Like 1

Most probably the most complete performance I've ever seen from an England side at a major tournament. Hard to not get excited now, but first, just the small matter of Denmark to deal with

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Well b back said:

Spot on.

Away from the U.K. and Italy most have been saying there will be a final Italy v England as they are the two best defensive teams and most other teams are likely to concede a couple of goals per game.

Football is about winning and now we are in the knockout stages, if you can keep a clean sheet, you have 120 minutes to score and with Kane, Sterling, Mount, Sancho, Sako, Grealish, Calvert Lewin, Rashford in your squad it would take a lot of luck for the opposition to stop us scoring.

Great post these, Southgate so far has got it absolutely spot on. We've scored plenty and conceded none, can't argue with that

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AJ said:

Great post these, Southgate so far has got it absolutely spot on. We've scored plenty and conceded none, can't argue with that

I shall be at Wembley Wednesday and hopefully Sunday. We follow England all over. Despite that really they are my second team our beloved Canaries being number one. However this is something different. I never believed a Norwich event could be beaten, but Tuesday came close, beating Germany, being in a big crowd again, but the atmosphere was just something else.

Wednesday and Sunday could see history being made in big crowds, for the first time in my footballing life I feel an England day could possibly become my best ever football memory, but who knows. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

my mums best mates son! Quirky as **** but incredibly talented!

Got me into loads of great bands back in the day like Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Incubus and Metallica

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AJ said:

Most probably the most complete performance I've ever seen from an England side at a major tournament. Hard to not get excited now, but first, just the small matter of Denmark to deal with

This. A highly professional and as Hogesar says, very comfortable (for the fan) win. Controlled the game throughout with only a couple of Pickford wobbles to grumble about. And when you struggle to single out a MOTM you know it was a full on team effort.

Can't help thinking that people are getting a bit carried away. The seeding for this competition was ridiculous and as with the World Cup in Russia it's been possible to get to the semi final without any particularly difficult games. 

Denmark are a different proposition to Ukraine and Italy (assuming they beat Spain) have been the best team in the world for some time. 

I hope England win it but I have a nasty feeling that it will end up with us losing to the first decent team we play. Fingers crossed I'm wrong 🤞

Had to laugh at Danny Mill's analysis of the England team on the BBC this morning. He claimed the main difference between this team and the team he played in is that this team has been imbued with a positive attitude by Southgate and a belief that they can win, whereas the team he played in went on to the pitch fearing defeat. Bless! No Danny boy! the difference is that this team has some genuine talent, whereas the team you played in included mediocre players at best, especially at right-back.

Nailed on England V Italy final. Two best teams in Europe right now, I think Italy are a bit better than England but anything can happen in a one off high pressure game and being the underdogs will suit England

41 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I hope England win it but I have a nasty feeling that it will end up with us losing to the first decent team we play. Fingers crossed I'm wrong 🤞

Germany wasn't a decent team??? 🤔

40 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Can't help thinking that people are getting a bit carried away. The seeding for this competition was ridiculous and as with the World Cup in Russia it's been possible to get to the semi final without any particularly difficult games. 

Denmark are a different proposition to Ukraine and Italy (assuming they beat Spain) have been the best team in the world for some time. 

I'd say from the comments if this England team(being decent itself) is beaten by Italy or Spain it will be dissapointment, but fair enough. Unless they play awful in said game.

34 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I honestly think it’s a case of a few people being overly pessimistic and now trying to save face as we’ve progressed in the tournament… including you. This England team has now gone further than any team in my Lifetime. I’d take their spirit over the “Golden generation” any day.

Looking at your previous posts you seemed on a bit of a downer from the start, you cited us as not having players like Lewandowski, Pogba and Mbappe who could change games. Who did those teams go out to? Ourselves and Switzerland. I honestly think to claim we haven’t played any decent so far is churlish and had the result against Germany gone the other way you would have said exactly that about the Germans.

I can see the advantages of pessimism though, whatever team you choose the odds are that they wont ultimately be the winners so I guess you can just say “I told you so” when they do go out. 24 teams and 23 losers where even the favourites aren’t odds on to win. Not bad odds for the negative

“a pessimist is never disappointed” 

regarding Horseflys comments about Danny Mills, I’d like to think Southgate wouldn’t have Mills anywhere near a football team, guys a complete drain. When one person is an **** he may well be one, but if it’s everyone? Maybe it’s you..

1 hour ago, Herman said:

And when you struggle to single out a MOTM you know it was a full on team effort.

I was thinking the same Herman, everyone of them, to a man, did their jobs last night and contributed to the result.

Just for a bit of fun I have transposed the Fifa World Rankings onto the final table positions in the English footbal leagues. So at number 4 England would become Chelsea and we have so far beaten Newcastle, Crystal Palace, Swansea, Huddersfield, and drawn with Sheffield Wednesday. We are about to face Everton in the semi-finals and if we get through that will face West Ham or Tottenham in the final. Make of that what you will. 

Pleased to see England upping their performances from the group stages. Sure it might have been enough, but much of it was like watching paint dry as much as people want to hail it as genius tactics or suchlike. And with the players we have at our disposal we are far more capable than that, so it’s perfectly reasonable for many of us to have expected more in those performances. Does feel like it’ll be an Italy v England final now, wouldn’t like to call it though as Italy have had that air of tournament winner right from the opening night whereas we’re doing the slow burning thing that also wins tournaments!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Daz Sparks said:

I was thinking the same Herman, everyone of them, to a man, did their jobs last night and contributed to the result.

Shaw Sterling and Sancho the highlights, plus Kane back to his usual self. I can’t believe how much a simple tap in has transformed him, very odd.

10 hours ago, Well b back said:

Just got my email from England supporters, get in.

Semi-Final Ticket Information
trans.gif
This email is for

England will play in the Semi-Final of UEFA Euro 2020 on Wednesday 7 July at Wembley Stadium

The England Supporters Travel Club will have an allocation of at least 8,477

Your Sale Window

We can confirm that you are in Sale Window 3 which runs from 10am until 1pm on Monday 5 July

What are the prices like ? 

27 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

What are the prices like ? 

We are members so it’s 85 Euros ( was 50 for the last 16 ). The ones on the EUFA website so far have been 650 Euros. Still loads more than we had payed when we bought all the tickets initially.

I believe Denmark are an amber country so I guess most of their tickets will come on soon.

• Like 1