17 minutes ago, chicken said:

Really, in every line of work I have been in, it is linked to length of service.

Sounds very much like the old school deals with golden handshakes at the end which are very much history of the vast majority of jobs these days.

I doubt he'd get a 6 month notice period three days after starting the job. Or even a year. I can tell you now, those more senior to me who have been under the same employer for a decade more are still on the same notice period as me. 

I’m not debating standard HR practices on here!  😅

As I said, I would be very surprised if someone in such a senior role had a notice period of a month in any business so I am drawing conclusions about what’s gone on from that. 

Purely my opinion based on my own experience and I could of course be wrong but I think he’s been given the push and none of the briefings one way or the other to the press have made me think otherwise. 

• Like 2

Just now, Rock The Boat said:

Bailey is as woke as they come, allegedly

Change the record, it broke a long time ago

18 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Will Ed Balls be asked to fill the void again i wonder. Not been on the tellybox lately so £90K for three months work again could come in handy.

I trust you will agree with me that that would not be a good way to spend the supporters hard earned money?

1 minute ago, Mario Harper****e said:

I said, I would be very surprised if someone in such a senior role had a notice period of a month in any business so I am drawing conclusions about what’s gone on from that. 

Absolutely no way he was on a month's notice

7 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

There are no reputable media sources. They all have agendas. Dafabet had similar websites to BK8 but no one said anything and Kendall would naturally expect no issue to arise. 

Then it reached the attention of the supporters trust who have feminists and LGBT activists among their members and it all kicked off. They cost a good man his job

"IT WAS THE GAYS WOT DID IT"

Crawl back under your rock, there's a good hatemonger.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Orly said:

You might disagree with the first sentence, but you definitely can't with the second sentence, because I witnessed it with my own eyes.

He wasn't taken down by anyone on here. There were those that erroneously called for his head, but plenty of people pointed out that Ben Tunnell was in charge of gettng the deal. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

"IT WAS THE GAYS WOT DID IT"

Crawl back under your rock, there's a good hatemonger.

Indeed, FTW. He did make a good point about Kensell possibly taking the fall for the farce, but as usual his true colours come out!

13 minutes ago, chicken said:

That is still not the "vast majority" of people is it? As was claimed at the time. I have known executives not to get a 6month notice period. It very much depends upon the size of the company and the roll of the executive. I know someone given the position of a director, but was the only person in their department.

I said senior executive, not Director!  Kelsall was the most senior paid executive not of the football side.  His contract would have been drafted to ensure any terms of his notice was tax efficient for all parties.  The club would not have wanted to lose such a senior executive at short notice, but such things work both ways.  So it would have been long (it's a football club after all, when a Manager gets sacked he invariably gets his whole remaining contract period paid off, why would a senior executive conscious of that not seek commensurate notice).

Anyway the point is, Kelsall was a continuous cockup merchant, BK8 was the latest in a long list of ill thought through policies, he is gone not because "wokies" got him but because he was turning out to be crap at his job.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

The media is full of woke activists with toxic agendas and people like Ben Kendall are cannon fodder. A good man taken down and many posters on here joined in the kill 

What you seem to really be missing here is the last 30-40 years of this clubs history that essentially, by your logic, define it as a "woke" club. Which in itself means you are in a very small minority. Good luck with that.

12 minutes ago, kirku said:

Change the record, it broke a long time ago

I'm standing up for a good man who has been thrown under the bus once the supporters trust got wind of the story. That's when it really kicked off. 

2 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

I'm standing up for a good man who has been thrown under the bus once the supporters trust got wind of the story. That's when it really kicked off. 

"Then it reached the attention of the supporters trust who have feminists and LGBT activists among their members and it all kicked off. They cost a good man his job"

Bigot.

30 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

The media is full of woke activists with toxic agendas and people like Ben Kendall are cannon fodder. A good man taken down and many posters on here joined in the kill 

Not Ben Kendall as well. Bloody wokes.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

I'm pretty sure Mr Kensell, who's name you can't even spell right, would rather you didn't stand up for him. I think he's trying to hold onto some form of dignity.

Seems more like a deflated, angry dingy than a boat at this point too.

1 minute ago, Rock The Boat said:

It was his third major public **** up in office.  That's why he has gone. The supporters trust had lost confidence in him and as a major shareholder (vis shareholders in the corporate sector challenging poor performing executives being over remunerated for their failures) they had every right to publicly voice their dissatisfaction.  Any competent executive would have been mindful of this and would have ensured they paid heed to them to avoid such public **** ups.  The fact he seems to not have done shoes how incompetent he was.

• Like 1

I don’t doubt the claims of others that it was Ben Tunnell that sourced the deal and did most of the heavy lifting, but Kensell was ultimately accountable and has to wear this.

I’m interested to see if there is another sponsor lined up so this could now be announced, or the new sponsor selection will now be run by Tunnell.

1 minute ago, WD40 said:

I don’t doubt the claims of others that it was Ben Tunnell that sourced the deal and did most of the heavy lifting, but Kensell was ultimately accountable and has to wear this.

I’m interested to see if there is another sponsor lined up so this could now be announced, or the new sponsor selection will now be run by Tunnell.

Are you sure it wasn't Burnt Fennell? I heard he was the real instigator of said sponsorship after losing a few quid down the Brickies.

Oh well. Dalila Smack will be happy now her newtphew won't be upset by dodgy imagery. 

9 minutes ago, jack.eddy2000@gmail.com said:

So... what does woke mean? 

It means you're someone who cares about the feelings of others and are not a horrendously selfish ****tard with an agenda to push.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

It means you're someone who cares about the feelings of others and are not a horrendously selfish ****tard with an agenda to push.

There are plenty of examples on this forum .....

26 minutes ago, jack.eddy2000@gmail.com said:

So... what does woke mean? 

It's the opposite to gammon. Be somewhere inbeween.

Just now, KeiranShikari said:

It's the opposite to gammon. Be somewhere inbeween.

Or better yet just be yourself and don't worry about idiots and their stupid labels.

52 minutes ago, essex canary said:

I trust you will agree with me that that would not be a good way to spend the supporters hard earned money?

Indeed but nothing would surprise me including giving it to the secondhand car dealer from Yarmouth.

Not sure I buy Bailey's line about it all being decided back in May - if so why did Kensell agree to appear at a Canaries Trust event tonight only to withdraw at the last minute once this news was announced?

43 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

It was his third major public **** up in office.  That's why he has gone. The supporters trust had lost confidence in him and as a major shareholder (vis shareholders in the corporate sector challenging poor performing executives being over remunerated for their failures) they had every right to publicly voice their dissatisfaction.  Any competent executive would have been mindful of this and would have ensured they paid heed to them to avoid such public **** ups.  The fact he seems to not have done shoes how incompetent he was.

You do realise how many shares they actually hold i hope ? They hold less than a half of one per cent of the shares in circulation.

Edited by TIL 1010

1 hour ago, shefcanary said:

How out of touch are you?  Any senior executive taken on gets a minimum 6 months notice period if it is a permanent appointment (for tax reasons).  After three years service, that notice period doubles.  

Shef you will need to explain how a notice period affects the tax position? I’ve been a main board director for 20 years and if you are correct I need to change my advisors!! 
(My Notice Period is 12 months by the way) 

It's all damage limitation.....The supporters aren't all gullible mugs....."Ooooh so an' so said it so it must be true"......