Sign in to follow this  
Wrathofthefarkely

Get promoted. Sell your best player.

Thank god you're here to let us all know. Amazingly, nobody has said this yet...🤪

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Gee, the entire front page is gonna be Emi posts at this rate

I'm just amazed you haven't started one yet....... 😉

Edited by Ken Hairy

26 minutes ago, Wrathofthefarkely said:

Again. 

Which club had got promoted and sold their best player? 

Let alone two or maybe three? 

And which clubs have come up from the Champs with a player of Emi's standard who's made it clear they want a move?

We could EASILY have lost the lot of them last year when we went down, instead it was just Lewis and Godfrey on the way out (for good fees btw), so would it have been better for us to lose Emi a year ago for probably 10-15 mil (or more) LESS than what we're getting now, and all on the back of him helping us get back up?

• Like 3

At the end of this season it will either be a decision hailed as genius as we invest the money in a few key signings and stay up comfortably. Or we’ll be derided and dismissed as the team that sabotaged their season by selling their main goal provider and 2nd highest scorer upon promotion, to a possible relegation rival.

Urgh…last game of the season against Villa and Emi scores against us to send us down….Carrow Road would be ablaze….

8 hours ago, king canary said:

Citation needed.

Imagine hes referring to the start of last season where him and Todd were excluded from the team.

8 hours ago, Indy_Bones said:

And which clubs have come up from the Champs with a player of Emi's standard who's made it clear they want a move?

That fact must have passed me by so where and when did he say that ?

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

That fact must have passed me by so where and when did he say that ?

So the club forced him to go to Villa.........before the window even opened?

2 minutes ago, BigFish said:

So the club forced him to go to Villa.........before the window even opened?

Could it be that the club told him they had accepted a bid from Villa rather than this statement from Indy Bones that he made it clear he wanted a move ?

4 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Could it be that the club told him they had accepted a bid from Villa rather than this statement from Indy Bones that he made it clear he wanted a move ?

In the modern world no club ever makes a bid without sounding out via the agent and player how much interest there is from the players side.

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

Nobody knows. But you've got to wonder why Farke left him out the team early on in the season; he was clearly and obviously angling for a move in the media last summer. In his Times interview last month, he said: “I’m a really ambitious guy. I want to take my career to the best, until I cannot take it further, so I dream to play for teams who are playing Champions League.”

I think it's highly likely that, at the age of 24 and given what he's said and done in the last year, he has told the club he wants to go. It would be utterly bizarre for the club to say "nah actually mate, we know you're happy here but we want to sell you anyway to buy some different players".

I agree it's disingenuous to report it as fact that Emi has asked to leave, but surely you must agree that on the balance of evidence, that's more likely than the club deciding to sell a once-in-a-generation talent just to 'cash in'?

I am tickled by the notion that the only evidence that can be accepted for a player wanting a transfer is if they have issued a formal press statement to that effect, and that without that any amount of less formal evidence (such as exists in the case of Buendia) has to be discounted..

If I were a cynic I might think some posters would happily accept such non-formal evidence in the case of a player they are happy to see go (or indeed to come in) but not when there is an opportunity to slag off the club...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

To be fair, I don’t buy into the Villa dream move, he’s moved up a step, but he’s far better than that move, it’s on par with a move to Leeds or Newcastle.

Still if he’s happy then it’s a win win, we get a big return he gets his move, let’s hope it pans out for him, others who’ve left our club struggled to make the same impact at their new club.

I hope we buy a few players with physical attributes and a decent centre forward to challenge Pukki.

Emi didn’t want to go and we’re forcing through the move to Villa 🤣😂

Well at least after the millionth thread about the same subject, at least I’m getting some new value

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

Villa have sold Buendia a better dream than arsenal and the Villa goalkeeper has also persuaded him it's a better option 

Yep, that's it. Told him that Grealish is sticking around, possibly that they will be spending some more serious cash, and he's going to be smack in the middle of it.

Villa will NOT be in the group of probable rivals next season, mark my words.

That will probably be between the three promoted sides, Palace, Newcastle, Burnley, and Brighton. Maybe Southampton and Wolves at a pinch.

46 minutes ago, hogesar said:

In the modern world no club ever makes a bid without sounding out via the agent and player how much interest there is from the players side.

Tapping up you mean? 

19 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

0_Emi-EmiJPG.jpg.7ad1135e3631c46681140468f8fb23c2.jpg

As annoying as it is, that’s rubbing salt in the wounds for Arsenal fans. Sold a keeper they wish they’d kept, and now look what they could’ve had as well. Let’s see how their transfer window goes..

Gillette would've made a fortune selling razor blades to some of the fans on here today.

You'd think the club had just gone bust when in fact almost the opposite has happened.

Dry your eyes and change your $hit-filled underpants.