lappinitup

*****Official Match Thread v QPR*****

2 minutes ago, Pring23 said:

QPR made their subs over 4 instances? Didn’t realise you could do that.

at half time, doesn't count (I think)

1 minute ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

at half time, doesn't count (I think)

That would make sense! Thanks

Just need that win against Reading.

Second half wasn't too good today. But for the neutral it had excitement.

Are they still hungover? Are they on their holidays?

1 minute ago, horsefly said:

McClean MOM for me

Agreed. Excellent in defence and attack. 

• Like 1

If Reading drop points to Swansea tomorrow their play off hopes are over.  But would have been over next Saturday as City will stuff em.

Great game to watch today. A little loose from the coaching perspective though. We really should have scored another 2 or 3 to make it more comfortable but again some of the stuff we played coming forward was so good. Maclean superb and my MOM, closely followed by Skipp, Krul and Aarons.

If we needed any more convincing that Quintilla isn't an answer at left back, we got it. Andrew O with another solid game and Dowell contributing a lot more. 

1 minute ago, sgncfc said:

Dowell contributing a lot more. 

Funny how we see things differently, whilst Dowell has improved of late, I thought he was shocking today. 

Great game to watch today. A little loose from the coaching perspective though. We really should have scored another 2 or 3 to make it more comfortable but again some of the stuff we played coming forward was so good. Maclean superb and my MOM, closely followed by Skipp, Krul and Aarons.

If we needed any more convincing that Quintilla isn't an answer at left back, we got it. Andrew O with another solid game and Dowell contributing a lot more. 

Exactly this. Next season, we're going to need left-backs that can primarily defend. Quintilla is not that sort of left-back.

2 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Funny how we see things differently, whilst Dowell has improved of late, I thought he was shocking today. 

Yeah but, Ken, you apparently had your eyes closed for most of the first half so missed his best work....😂

• Haha 1

Yeah but, Ken, you apparently had your eyes closed for most of the first half so missed his best work....😂

Thought Dowell was fairly non-existent. Lacks energy and slow to recover and does not find any power in his shots. OK a good free kick the other week. Do not see him as a long term No. 10. Andrew O - now there is a good prospect. 

Dowell was OK today. Got himself in some good positions and hit weak shots, but at least his were mostly on target as opposed to Cantwell's barn door attempts. His feet don't move as quickly as they could but he's still not really up to speed, and he's trying a bit too hard. There is a player in there and like Cantwell last time, I can see the EPL suiting his more languid style. Don't write him off yet.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Fair play 👍😂

10 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I thought Willock of QPR had an excellent game. Well worth a look for the future

Chair impressed me. Sort of entertaining player I like to watch

Adomah still has real ability; shame he's getting on a bit. Overall they've got some decent players.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Chair impressed me..

He seemed comfortable😉

• Haha 6

I thought Dowell had one of his most involved games today, got into 4-5 really good shooting positions, linked up well with the front 3 too.

But McLean definitely MOTM, two very well worked assists!

22 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I thought Willock of QPR had an excellent game. Well worth a look for the future

I thought similar. Chair was good as well (he was decent in the reverse fixture, too)

2 minutes ago, kirku said:

I thought similar. Chair was good as well (he was decent in the reverse fixture, too)

Fair enough to give him a plug but he wasn't electric.

15th away win of the season for City, thats just  crazy...anyone good with  stat records?..would this be our best away record in a season in any division for City?