Sign in to follow this  
FenwayFrank

***** NCFC v Watford 100% official match thread *****

So we have Hanley, Skipp and Aarons in defense, McLean as CDM, Buendia, Cantwell, Hernandez, Placheta as attacking midfielders, Pukki and Hugill as strikers

So we are effectively playing a 3-1-4-2 right?  Pretty funny. It might give us a few chances. Great run by Onel, shame he didsnt time his diving better

Farsical at the moment - or Farkesical ?

Edited by NWC

Where does this leave us with Watford and Bournemouth having done the double over us? Just got to hope we learn in the recruitment and coaching.

There must be at least 6 minutes of injury time to come...

..for what it’s worth...

I’m concerned by the Bournemouth result and tonight tbh. If we lose this we’ve failed to get a point against either of the teams we came down with, which does unfortunately suggest that we haven’t progressed much against EPL opponents since last season. We haven’t even threatened much tonight after such an injustice on Saturday, which is really disappointing.

• Like 1

Just now, unique said:

There must be at least 6 minutes of injury time to come...

..for what it’s worth...

Most of that is Hugill

Guess you can put this one down to the promotion party and 10 men for 70 minutes versus Bournemouth?

I hope we press on and win our last 3, would be a bit of a shame if our performances continue tailing off like this - I still want the title! Will be a damn shame if Watford beat us to it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

I’m concerned by the Bournemouth result and tonight tbh. If we lose this we’ve failed to get a point against either of the teams we came down with, which does unfortunately suggest that we haven’t progressed much against EPL opponents since last season. We haven’t even threatened much tonight after such an injustice on Saturday, which is really disappointing.

Blimey. Is this a serious post? What do people want!

How was that a foul, guy wasn’t going for the ball just jumped into Hugill.

1 minute ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Also, not happy with the diving going on. Not that we’re doing it to be clear, just that we’re bloody awful at it.

Haha, I thought Buendia's  at least had some flair, quite comical. Onel's was depressing though, just the classic a very nice run ending with a bad touch and then just going down. Shame Cantwell is off, he is a talented diver. Pukki doesnt try often, but has a high success rate, once got a nice dive in and won a pen against Italy. Btw nice play by Pukki to set up vrancic, first useful thing Pukki has done all game

1 minute ago, Kingston Yellow said:

Blimey. Is this a serious post? What do people want!

Yup. Pointed this out on twitter after the Bournemouth game.

Our Matchday squad was assembled for £25mil, £32 if you include the £7mil for Giannoulis we'll pay in the summer. Bournemouth? £100mil + Pearson's transfer fee for their starting line up. So their starting line up was worth over three times our squads. And on that, on actual fees paid, our bench was worth more money than our starting line up.

Look across Watford's side and the story is pretty similar. 

1 minute ago, CANARYKING said:

Sky commentators really getting too me

how so? what are they saying?

One of those games where nothing has really worked for us and the subs haven't made an impact apart from Onel's flop. We'll still win the title though and we're not 2-0 down to Northampton.