Sign in to follow this  
FenwayFrank

***** NCFC v Watford 100% official match thread *****

4 minutes ago, Moosebadge said:

Cant see it guys. As soon as we get promoted our players will be on the beach after two gruelling seasons. Title would have been the highest honour Watford have ever won. But the real prize is having 1 year prem income and 2 years ofparachute payments. We wont be spending stupidly this time. Your model is the way to go.

Deserved the win against us last night. Well played, and see you up with us.

Watford fan here. Your panic about not clinching the title is similar to all the bedwetting on our forum after the loss to L*t*n. I doubt very much you'll allow a 5-point swing in only 3 games. It will be tough for us to win all 3 remaining games in the first place & even if we do, the likelihood of you not winning 2 games is low, I think. The fact you've lost 2 in a row straight after guaranteeing promotion is not surprising, especially considering the way you were comprehensively 5h1t-housed by the most cynical side in the division on Saturday, and then had to face us when you were maybe not in peak physical condition!

To put into context claims on here that we have almost the same squad as last season, here is a list of players from last season no longer in our squad:  Doucoure, Deulofeu, Capoue, Pereyra, Holebas, Janmaat, Gomes and a (past it) Mariappa. At least 5 of that list would have been 1st choice starters, so that has left a big hole in the squad which has taken us a while to learn how to deal with.

Hopefully we can both buck the trend next season and manage to avoid an immediate return to the Championship.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FenwayFrank said:

Any reason why you didn’t mention Deeney ? 😉😁

I wasn’t including injured players! But I also realise I didn’t include Dawson in my list, so that’s probably 6 first choice players in the Prem not in our current squad.

20 hours ago, Greavsy said:

You should know your limits FF,  please don't do this again! 

After his 7-0 huddersfield *****official match thread ***** can I request @Rich T The Biscuit starts the thread for the next match please. Keep Lapps in reserve, as hes had most wins this season.

I'm here for the cause 😬

20 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Very disappointing. I kept hoping something was going to happen but it got worse by the minute.

Ollie's worst game by far but apart from Krul, Hanley and McLean, we were hopeless. 

Still we crack on against QPR and look for the three we need. 

We now need five points unless Watford slip up.

Makes it a bit more interesting I suppose...

2 hours ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

I'm here for the cause 😬

I knew we could count on you RTtB. Good lad.