Sign in to follow this  
FenwayFrank

***** NCFC v Watford 100% official match thread *****

3 minutes ago, Kingston Yellow said:

Blimey. Is this a serious post? What do people want!

We had an opportunity to win the trophy tonight and haven’t looked anywhere close to the level that was going to be needed to lift it. I can handle losing, I am just concerned that I saw this game happen to us quite a lot last season and we all know how that ended.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

I’m concerned by the Bournemouth result and tonight tbh. If we lose this we’ve failed to get a point against either of the teams we came down with, which does unfortunately suggest that we haven’t progressed much against EPL opponents since last season. We haven’t even threatened much tonight after such an injustice on Saturday, which is really disappointing.

I think you can write off the Bournemouth game completely there. We were annihilating them and scored one of the goals of the season before having to play 70 mins with 10 men.

Tonight has definitely been a bit worrying, but I’m not convinced the Bournemouth match followed by a promotion party was the ideal preparation?

Both get the benefit of the doubt for me, but we have looked a bit worrying like the 2019-20 Norwich tonight...

Well, that was appalling. Have to hope Watford down tools like we have now they're up, otherwise the title might disappear.

Just now, king canary said:

Hernandez would be great if his decision making wasn't so woeful.

I think it's a bit more than that tbh

Were you watching the Bournemouth game? We battered them before a terrible decision by the ref.

Clearly jaded and hungover from Saturday’s disappointing result and celebration. 

Dont know how anyone can complain after this season. An amazing achievement to bounce back after the disastrous end to last season.

No qualms about the result, hopefully a kick up the **** to show there's much to be done in the summer. We have to find a way to beat teams like Watford or we're in for another 1 season stint in the Premier. 

• Haha 1

Ugh, few things I hate more than losing to Watford... horrible little club with owners that deserve to be in L1 rather than the prem.

4 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

We had an opportunity to win the trophy tonight and haven’t looked anywhere close to the level that was going to be needed to lift it. I can handle losing, I am just concerned that I saw this game happen to us quite a lot last season and we all know how that ended.

Were you watching the Bournemouth game? We battered them before a terrible decision by the ref.

Clearly jaded and hungover from Saturday’s disappointing result and celebration. 

Dont know how anyone can complain after this season. An amazing achievement to bounce back after the disastrous end to last season.

• Like 1

Was summed up by the Sky pundit:

‘The best team of the season is top of the league. The best team of the night has won this match.’

Work to do before the PL but I’m sure Farke and co knew that, everyone just needs to not read too much into these losses. Nothing to worry about.

Just now, Monty13 said:

The last two results have been a warning for next season.

Can't beat Watford nor Bournmouth once with almost the same teams as they had in the Prem last season and they were **** poor in the Prem last season.

Not saying it's panic stations.. but

• Haha 1

Came up short against a good team. Can't argue with the result. Watford frankly dominated most of it unfortunately.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

Not for the first time, completely out muscled by a bigger, stronger and more physical team

Yes we got bullied in the Premier League last time out and one of the lessons that Webber mentioned, was that we needed more physical presence. I look forward to seeing where that is going to come from.  

4 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

This forum must have the most negative Norwich fans on the internet. its like you are suffering from PTSD from last season. Sure we have lost two consecutive games, but there are quite understandable reasons for it.

• Like 2

**** poor from us, but **** me, what a pathetic bunch of ****housing **** watford are.

Edited by kick it off

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Very poor, we might have been up against one of the best defences in the divison but no excuse for that. No desire, no hunger- The better team won and it wasnt us.

They'll be up on saturday...then their last 2 games vs brentford and swansea suddenly ,far from being tough games are then vs teams with an eye on preparing for the playoffs. Even so, if we blow a 5 pt lead with 3 games left , its our own fault

• Like 1

Bournemouth game didn't bother me as we were well on top before the red, but this one does make me concerned for next season as we looked 2nd best across the park throughout, fair play to Watford they look a real good side

• Haha 1

Just now, kick it off said:

**** poor from us, but **** me, what a pathetic bunch of ****housong **** watford are.

Outplayed us in all departments

Absolutely dreadful performance. Until the title is guaranteed I don't think we can really let any of our players off.

I can't say it isn't worrying that we've lost every game to teams in the prem last season. We will need 12 points off our promotion partners next season.

• Haha 1

Disappointing again - a performance similar to last season; lots of effort, no chances to speak of and let down again defensively. The one Watford did get was a poor concession, but they should have been three up by then. All over us from the first minute and physically we just couldn't cope - you have to hope that it is because of over celebrating or tiredness, because if it isn't even 21 points is looking doubtful!!

• Haha 1

Lessons learned I hope for next season's recruitment. The stat showed that Farke has never won a game against Watford? 

That was poor, just looked like we celebrated a little too much. Glad we got the job done as carry on like this and we will struggle to get another point! Shake off and focus for the last three games.

Lot more spending needed this summer.