dylanisabaddog

Watford are better than us in every regard

2 minutes ago, HertsCanary93 said:

They have a point. Who needs Emi when you can have a 32 year old Tom Cleverley?

Wait...what? Tom Cleverley is 32! Where have the last 10 years gone?!

• Like 1

I admire Watford - but mainly for that class icky vibrant yellow and red kit they had, and not for recent years when they turned into Wimbledon / Stoke in diguise. 

class icky or classically? Maybe I did mean the former, thank you spellchecker.

37 minutes ago, Moosebadge said:

How about 18 year old Jao Pedro, or 22 year old Ismaila Sarr. 21 year old Ben Wilmot. 

Depends what you prefer watching I suppose. Our players are a joy to watch, those 3 are big and can run fast. I prefer watching good footballers playing football over watching athletes playing a direct kick and rush game. I've seen you lot play a few times this year, you just hit it over the top for fast players to run onto, it must be incredibly boring to watch. You might be able to grind out survival in the top league better than we can playing this way, but lets just say I'm glad I support Norwich and not Watford. You'll never actually win anything though, you exist solely to survive in the PL every year and pocket some TV money for your owners each year. I'm glad we're not stuck in that kind of footballing purgatory. 

2 hours ago, Moosebadge said:

Watford are in a dog fight and probably have a 50 50 chance of automatic. I would love to do the double double over you next month however.

That works out well as I'd love for us to tear you to shreds and knock you down into the Play-Offs. 🙂

We are a small town club. Even geting into the premier league is remarkable. Yes we have never won anything but if i wanted glory i would not support my local team. I still cant get over ive seen watford play 5 succesive prem seasons and a cup final, although we got thumped. We are a tiny club compared to the giants yet for decades we have punched above our weight.

What I like about Norwich is even when you got relegated to league 1 you filled both ends. That is class.

Edited by Moosebadge

On 18/03/2021 at 15:02, Drazen Muzinic said:

Just had a nose at PNE ahead of the match. Alex Neil is getting a kicking.

Hmm. Be careful what you wish for I think. They might want to have a word with the Binners on what they thought about Mick McCarthy before he went.

Edited by Nuff Said
  • Like 2

Just now, Nuff Said said:

Hmm. Be careful what you wish for I think. They might want to have a word with the Binners on what they about Mick McCarthy before he went.

Agree. It was reading very much like TWTD in places. Even down to reflecting on him having a relatively short successful period as our manager and not much else.

10 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

😂

20210318_081533.thumb.jpg.69a2fb9ea2e74bf6187f18dd8fbe4e39.jpg

I can’t imagine anyone sensible at the club is focusing on chasing Norwich given it’s basically the equivalent of a dog chasing a car.    From the same thread, amused me!   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Moosebadge said:

How about 18 year old Jao Pedro, or 22 year old Ismaila Sarr. 21 year old Ben Wilmot. 

Good players. Pedro doesn't start much for you though, seems to alternate with Andre Gray who was a good player but isn't anymore, but Pedro has real promise. As does Wilmot, but both are a bit lightweight and I suspect neither will be huge players for you in the EPL. Sarr, on the other hand, is class and I also like Success (is he fit yet?) but those players won't score you enough goals in the EPL as they haven't before. Last season it was still Deeney who kept you alive but now he's virtually gone you need to spend big to replace him. You probably also need a keeper with some EPL experience who is likely to last the pace.

Your big problem is in midfield. Hughes/Cleverly/Chalobah are not EPL players and I don't think they can step up to both protect your centre backs and create enough chances. We already know that Krul, Aarons, Pukki, Cantwell and Buendia will (if we can keep hold of them) and are very hopeful that others can too - certainly Gibson, Giannoulis, Dowell, Sorensen and Skipp (again, if we can keep him) have every chance of developing further. We also need another striker and probably a couple more defenders as back up and to replace Hanley if/when his legs go.

We have very similar goals scored and conceded yet we have 10 more points than you so we have been more efficient. I'm not sure that evidences that you will be any better at winning games in the EPL - if anything, the reverse applies.

Honestly, arguments like this are pointless. Who is best equipped to survive? Who knows. Who cares? Frankly, both Watford and us should focus on getting promoted before engaging in wild, stupid speculation.

• Like 1

Watford have been my team to keep an eye on since January- Brentford don't quite have that conviction and Swansea just lack goals.

As far as catching us goes, they'd have to pretty much be perfect straight through from here (Also requiring our form to drop like a stone)

21 hours ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

Just had a nose at the PNE forum ahead of our match. Alex Neil is getting a kicking.

A kicking and more, some want him sacked before the next match. 

1 minute ago, Moosebadge said:

2 points down, 8 points to go. Ill be back if it gets interesting.

...and we'll kick your @rse if it doesn't

7 minutes ago, Moosebadge said:

Otherwise you won't. Like all our other brief visitors.

Is other teams football forums all you've got to do?

Easy games for Watford at the moment....their run in is harder through, still us ,Brentford and Swansea to play

...they 'might' catch us if they beat us at Carrow Rd, which they may well do as they could well need the points more than us when that day comes round

33 minutes ago, Moosebadge said:

So we are 8 points better than you in every regard, right?

10 minutes ago, hogesar said:

So we are 8 points better than you in every regard, right?

Tbh I’m really not bothered, if promoted, whether we go up as champions or in second - it would take a strange turnaround for the latter but it has the same outcome (promotion) and have little bearing come next season.

Edited by Branston Pickle