TIL 1010

Bonkers, Just Absolutely Bonkers.

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Definitely on an incident minimisation / PR damage limitation mission!

Absolutely beggars belief. But apparently Steven Gerrard walked 10 yards across a bar and punched someone in self defence so I suppose they see things differently up there.... 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, GenerationA47 said:

Definitely on an incident minimisation / PR damage limitation mission!

Yeah, this. Absolutely bottled it, anyone who left the house should have been told to go home or risk a fine.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Yeah, this. Absolutely bottled it, anyone who left the house should have been told to go home or risk a fine.

Compare & contrast the Derbyshire force, throwing joggers in jail for looking at their local hills*
*some details have been changed to completely exaggerate the story

• Like 1

Even Dion Dublin mentioned in his commentary that some whose gardens backed onto the ground were partying. And he said Good on em. So don't just blame Scousers.

You couldn't make this up really, we have been told to stay at home so the fact they were "adhering to social distancing measures" (they clearly weren't by the way) is pointless, but again they think they can do what they like up there and nothing will be said or done about it. The whole thing is a complete farce when compared to the lockdown last March. 

Edited by alex_ncfc

5 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Even Dion Dublin mentioned in his commentary that some whose gardens backed onto the ground were partying. And he said Good on em. So don't just blame Scousers.

Well he's a kn0b then. 

Same as the commentator Sam Matterface, filming and uploading a video to Twitter of all the hundreds of fans in the street waiting to cheer on a sodding bus and gawping at it with their smartphones ready, and glorifying it instead of any suggestion that it is wrong. Pathetic. 

Edited by alex_ncfc
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

In fairness those in back gardens  could have been members of the same household and not in breach of the lockdown unlike the utter morons gathering in the street,

• Like 2

Oh come on for crying out loud they just drew a prem side for the first and probably the only time in the clubs entire history, give them a break

That and from what I could tell they did look rule obeying

Well, the ones in their gardens overlooking the ground are probably legit - they're staying at home by definition. The ones who crowded up to see the Spurs coach though - that is a complete mess.

Had to laugh that the coach couldn't get into the car park. That was funny.

8 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Oh come on for crying out loud they just drew a prem side for the first and probably the only time in the clubs entire history, give them a break

Not a fan of doing so, but that kind of response is precisely why football should be paused.  Too many just don’t seem to ‘get’ it.

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

42 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Not a fan of doing so, but that kind of response is precisely why football should be paused.  Too many just don’t seem to ‘get’ it.

Indeed and you couldn't argue against the reasoning for it. If the more moronic fans can't follow simple instructions and this kind of thing carries on, they will cause the authorities to act and do just that.  Once again, an ignorant minority will have ruined it for the rest of us.

Edited by lake district canary

49 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

PRI_178687875-640x360.jpg.f1918f12e56e4f755ef1d8656a1de831.jpg

Oh yeah, totally rule-obeying

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

FFS

Do you really think Covid cares if there is a cup tie on?

Basic translation from Merseyside Police "we can't be arsed to track down that many people, and there's too much paperwork to be bothered"..... 

2 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

To be fair, the "partying" he mentioned was the family in the corner who's mum had a never ending supply of Prosecco, 2 kids watching quietly over the fence and Dad blaring out "It's Coming Home" towards the end, hardly a mass rave, and nothing like the mass of idiots in the streets. 

25 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

To be fair, the "partying" he mentioned was the family in the corner who's mum had a never ending supply of Prosecco, 2 kids watching quietly over the fence and Dad blaring out "It's Coming Home" towards the end, hardly a mass rave, and nothing like the mass of idiots in the streets. 

Oh, I don't know.....

Consuming alcohol overlooking the field of play ?....... Bang 'em all up !! 😉

( Not Jurgen Klopp though. So stiff he couldn't move and didn't touch a drop..... )

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Oh, I don't know.....

Consuming alcohol overlooking the field of play ?....... Bang 'em all up !! 😉

( Not Jurgen Klopp though. So stiff he couldn't move and didn't touch a drop..... )

Although they did mention he'd "moved house" so clearly there were households mixing if that was the case, I mentioned to the Missus that the bloke with the cardboard cut out had been stitched up for a fine live on the BBC...

• Haha 1

I see the errors of judgement that will be dealt with internally are mounting.

Eze, pictured without a mask, attended a QPR match. 

He will be spoken to apparently.

What happened to you must stay at home and only leave your abode for work or exercise.

Oh, I forgot, its football. Like Celtic going to Dubai.

8 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Absolutely beggars belief. But apparently Steven Gerrard walked 10 yards across a bar and punched someone in self defence so I suppose they see things differently up there.... 

And Suarez definitely isn’t a racist . And they have the T Shirts to prove it . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Did you actually look at anything before making this ridiculous comment? @TIL 1010 is spot on, and I dont say that often.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2