Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Millwall fans boo thier own players taking the knee

3 hours ago, bringbackchippy said:

At last someone trying to put a stop to all this boll.cks! This take a knee and black lives matter has gone beyond a joke. Cut it our now! Think we get the point dont ram it down our throats!! White lives matter aswell

It’s gone on long enough, so you claim, that you get the point. Then you end with ‘white lives matter as well’. 

So, to summarise, you didn’t and don’t, and probably never will, get the point at all.

Exactly why the players need to continue with this ‘b0ll0x’ as you so eloquently put it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mr.Carrow said:

He was also an Islamic extremist... which is pretty authoritarian. Again, why would he be speaking out?

3 minutes ago, Badger said:

originally from authoritarian regimes

So do you classify Essex County Council as an authoritarian regime? Or don't you know what originally means?

BTW, I listen to Nawaz quite a lot and he frequently speaks out against racism in the police etc.

37 minutes ago, Mr.Carrow said:

Read Kimberle Crenshaw's mapping the margins. Research Derrick Bell (the originator of critical Race Theory). Research the roots of intersectionality and identify politics. It's about controlling the narrative and performative displays such as taking the knee are part of that.

Yep I'm sure the whole squad are avid readers. Cunning Marxist 5th columnists the lot of them.

6 hours ago, horsefly said:

Then you have clearly missed the information that this was a political stunt planned by a group of Millwall fans in advance of the match. It had nothing to do with impatience to get the match started.

Guardian Reader = Guardian Reader - the 'Information' ..... sorry I didn't read the 'Information' because if it was 'Information' the cops would have been all over the New Den. The 'Information' wasn't on the BBC and no I didn't get the eMail. If you got the 'Information' you should've reported it.

Please elucidate where said 'Information' was from....... 

Binner

15 minutes ago, Mr.Carrow said:

Sorry but I'm not going to give you a synopsis of the stuff I've recommended just because you're too emotionally attached to your echo chamber to educate yourself. Many of the people exposing the Woke movement for what it is are originally from authoritarian regimes (Gad Saad, Konstantin Kisin, Maajid Nawaz etc), or are Jewish (Bret and Eric Weinstein, Bari Weiss etc). They know what they are talking about. Gad Saad's the Parasitic Mind is also very good on this. But of course you would prefer to sneer and belittle than educate yourself.

Your the one that voted for Corbyn

1 minute ago, horsefly said:

Yep I'm sure the whole squad are avid readers. Cunning Marxist 5th columnists the lot of them.

A lot of the stuff he cites sounds more like Gramsci to me - about challenging cultural hegemony - I don't know why there is aneed to complicate matters - presumably the Millwall fans thought that they wanted to take a more nuanced position to avoid over-simplifying the issue?

Just now, Badger said:

So do you classify Essex County Council as an authoritarian regime? Or don't you know what originally means?

BTW, I listen to Nawaz quite a lot and he frequently speaks out against racism in the police etc.

My bad, "originally" doesn't apply in his case. Everybody should be concerned about racism in the police and everywhere else. That doesn't mean that absolutist critical Race Theory dogma (which is behind BLM) is a good way to counter it. So far studies show that CRT inspired implicit bias training has the opposite effect. It's complicated. Have you listened to Nawaz' friend Sam Harris "can we pull back from the brink?" podcast?

Dear Mr Buh,

If you have any influence over this 'Sporting' Discussion Forum ...Y'Know,  know personally a Moderator, get this topic put into the bin marked 'Irrelevancies - non-Footie'

2 minutes ago, Badger said:

A lot of the stuff he cites sounds more like Gramsci to me - about challenging cultural hegemony - I don't know why there is aneed to complicate matters - presumably the Millwall fans thought that they wanted to take a more nuanced position to avoid over-simplifying the issue?

Yep! well known for their subtlety of thought. I'm still struggling to make up my mind whether the City players are Trotskyites or Leninists. I suspect it all depends on which knee is on the ground. Must watch out for that next time. I wouldn't want them to force me to believe the wrong Marxist approach by such subtle tactics

4 minutes ago, Foxy2600 said:

Dear Mr Buh,

If you have any influence over this 'Sporting' Discussion Forum ...Y'Know,  know personally a Moderator, get this topic put into the bin marked 'Irrelevancies - non-Footie'

Pete is too scared to move it

even if it is off topic and needs to be moved to the off topic containment board along with the generic off topicers on here

If it gets moved, as it justifiably should be, all the weirdo off topic peasants will huff and puff and start a petition or something cringey. I mean, look at the absolute state of them. Horsefly told me he’d cheer on Kier Starmer banging his mother and I’m not even memeing there he actually did.

Edited by The Real Buh

3 hours ago, Badger said:

I'd be surprised if you can be bothered but here is what "defunding the police really means" as explained on their website, rather than from a far right website:

https://blacklivesmatter.com/what-defunding-the-police-really-means/

Assuming that you can be bothered to watch it, what points do you disagree with?

So you believe defunding the police and diverting the money to a youth club in a lawless community will lead to a utopian society free from crime, drugs and racism - Well good luck with that idea Mr Gullible 

Did you know that NCFC has people as fans and players (many of whom are from a variety of backgrounds) therefore this is relevent to the board? 

Just now, NFN FC said:

Did you know that NCFC has people as fans and players (many of whom are from a variety of backgrounds) therefore this is relevent to the board? 

Is Norwich City Milwall? Or is this the most subtle “why aren’t we Milwall?” Thread ever?

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Badger said:

Performative acts of acquiescence in which you will be socially shamed and punished for not taking part are a classic in the authoritarian playbook. Have you read "the Power of the Powerless" by Vaclav Havel?

4 minutes ago, Mr.Carrow said:

Performative acts of acquiescence in which you will be socially shamed and punished for not taking part are a classic in the authoritarian playbook. Have you read "the Power of the Powerless" by Vaclav Havel?

Isn't that very similar to the wearing of the poppy nowadays?

1 minute ago, Mr.Carrow said:

So you're seriously putting forward the theory that football players are taking the knee not to show solidarity with fellow players of colour but because they live in an Authoritarian regime which will punish them if they don't. Perhaps you might attend to the context in which Havel's book was written.

And I have a suggestion for all of you who are so appalled by this 15 second act of solidarity. Close your eyes for 15 seconds so you don't get indoctrinated by this evil Marxist plot, and let the rest of us take the risk.

1 minute ago, horsefly said:

So you're seriously putting forward the theory that football players are taking the knee not to show solidarity with fellow players of colour but because they live in an Authoritarian regime which will punish them if they don't. Perhaps you might attend to the context in which Havel's book was written.

And I have a suggestion for all of you who are so appalled by this 15 second act of solidarity. Close your eyes for 15 seconds so you don't get indoctrinated by this evil Marxist plot, and let the rest of us take the risk.

No. But I don't expect you to understand nuance without doing some reading.

6 minutes ago, Herman said:

Isn't that very similar to the wearing of the poppy nowadays?

There isn't a movement behind wearing poppies which has openly dodgy beliefs/tendencies.

7 minutes ago, Mr.Carrow said:

No. But I don't expect you to understand nuance without doing some reading.

You're lecturing the wrong guy. I've been a life-long academic. So thanks for the suggestion, but no thanks. I'll just take the risk that my support for the 15 second act of taking the knee in support of racial equality is not going to convert me into a radical Marxist revolutionary. A massive risk I know but one that I'll take responsibilty for.

• Like 1

Just now, horsefly said:

You're lecturing the wrong guy. I've been a life-long academic. So thanks for the suggestion, but no thanks. I'll just take the risk that my support for the 15 second act of taking the knee in support of racial equality is not going to convert me into a radical Marxist revolutionary. A massive risk I know but one that I'll take responsibilty for.

It's possible to be a lifelong academic on the subject of the anatomy of fruit flies.

Just now, Mr.Carrow said:

It's possible to be a lifelong academic on the subject of the anatomy of fruit flies.

You're clearly an expert on fruit bats

1 hour ago, Mr Angry said:

I’ve not seen this mentioned before in this thread but Millwall FC made a statement on Friday saying that they were against any form of discrimination and for them, taking the knee was not meant to signify agreement with a political message or ideology.

In booing the players, the Millwall fans were saying not only fck BLM but also fck Millwall FC.

The reason Millwall FC put this statement out on Friday was because they knew that some of their supporters were organising on social media to boo the taking of the knee. There was nothing spontaneous about the booing, it was organised well in advance. Obviously the fact that Millwall FC made it very clear why their players were taking the knee (and what they were and weren't  signifying by it) wasn't enough to placate the racist bigots. 

1 minute ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

The reason Millwall FC put this statement out on Friday was because they knew that some of their supporters were organising on social media to boo the taking of the knee. There was nothing spontaneous about the booing, it was organised well in advance. Obviously the fact that Millwall FC made it very clear why their players were taking the knee (and what they were and weren't  signifying by it) wasn't enough to placate the racist bigots. 

I suspected as much although I understand why the club didn’t mention the planned action in their statement.

20 minutes ago, Mr.Carrow said:

There isn't a movement behind wearing poppies which has openly dodgy beliefs/tendencies.

UKIP or whatever they are called this week.

1 minute ago, Herman said:

UKIP or whatever they are called this week.

Not the british legion then?

bloody hell lad...

11 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Statement taken from the Millwall Supporters’ Club website:

Anyone who believes it was a racist act, should read the views of those who booed and see they were doing it in reaction to the war memorials and statues of Churchill defaced by the BLM organisation and the extreme political views they hold, and for which ‘taking the knee’ is associated with. These same fans have never booed the Kick it Out campaigns on our pitch or the huge work of the Millwall Community Trust and its many anti-racism campaigns.”

1 minute ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

I thought we were an autonomous collective ? 

I thought we were the Peoples Front of Judea

1 minute ago, Naturalcynic said:

Statement taken from the Millwall Supporters’ Club website:

Anyone who believes it was a racist act, should read the views of those who booed and see they were doing it in reaction to the war memorials and statues of Churchill defaced by the BLM organisation and the extreme political views they hold, and for which ‘taking the knee’ is associated with. These same fans have never booed the Kick it Out campaigns on our pitch or the huge work of the Millwall Community Trust and its many anti-racism campaigns.”

I'm sure the black players at Millwall will feel heartened by that statement.