Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Millwall fans boo thier own players taking the knee

1 minute ago, FenwayFrank said:

I thought we were the Peoples Front of Judea

splitter! (clearly you take the wrong knee)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Herman said:

UKIP or whatever they are called this week.

That's funny because I literally don't know any right wing people and yet all my friends and family wear a poppy.

1 minute ago, Mr.Carrow said:

That's funny because I literally don't know any right wing people and yet all my friends and family wear a poppy.

Clearly they lack the nuanced perception that they are supporting a far right extremist movement.

See how silly that looks?

4 minutes ago, Mr.Carrow said:

Are you sure? You've been spouting the right wing narrative for the last few hours. Where has that come from?

2 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Clearly they lack the nuanced perception that they are supporting a far right extremist movement.

Hadn’t realised that the Royal British Legion was a far-right extremist movement .

Just now, Naturalcynic said:

Hadn’t realised that the Royal British Legion was a far-right extremist movement .

You lack the nuanced perception (ask Mr Carrow)

Also look up the meaning of the word "irony" it might stop you posting an embarrassing response like this.

Just now, horsefly said:

Yes it's silly because that connection is bogus, whereas the BLM/taking the knee one is obvious and out in the open. There are many black intellectuals speaking out against BLM (Coleman Hughes, John McWhorter, Glenn Loury, Chloe Valdary, John Wood etc). There's good reason for that.

51 minutes ago, Taylor324 said:

So you believe defunding the police and diverting the money to a youth club in a lawless community will lead to a utopian society free from crime, drugs and racism - Well good luck with that idea Mr Gullible 

Do you understand that crime is linked to poverty? Poorer people with less opportunities tend to commit more crime to feed themselves etc and also they are prayed on more by drug dealers etc. More people, especially younger people will see drug dealing as a way out of poverty etc. By funding these areas to improve education, health and also improve recreational facilities mean that areas become more prosperous and therefore crime reduces... What part of that do you not agree with? What's your big idea to improve the lives of poorer neighbourhoods in the UK and the US? Go fund n enlighten us...

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

Are you sure? You've been spouting the right wing narrative for the last few hours. Where has that come from?

Ok, go have some candy child.

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

Just to be clear everyone Herman believes The Royal British Legion is a far right hate group

Where have I said that?

Just now, Herman said:

Where have I said that?

You found the quote button then?

Question, who do you hate more as a labour supporter, the royal British legion or Jewish people?

10 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

Statement taken from the Millwall Supporters’ Club website:

Anyone who believes it was a racist act, should read the views of those who booed and see they were doing it in reaction to the war memorials and statues of Churchill defaced by the BLM organisation and the extreme political views they hold, and for which ‘taking the knee’ is associated with. These same fans have never booed the Kick it Out campaigns on our pitch or the huge work of the Millwall Community Trust and its many anti-racism campaigns.”

Perhaps this explains why I have just had text conversation with a friend who tells me that 73,000 (Yes that's SEVENTY THREE THOUSAND - allegedly) have signed an online petition in support of the Millwall fans who booed). No idea of the authenticity of that but to get that number in 24 hours is a huge response. Perhaps this indicates a far deeper mood in the country on this matter than some of the more 'avid' posters on this thread would care to admit.

Just now, Mr.Carrow said:

Ok, go have some candy child.

You burst onto the thread with a post so full of RWNJ cliches that I at first thought it was a parody. Then it soon turned out it was serious. You haven't once thought or asked why the black community are having to take these actions but just repeat stuff that has been designed to belittle the movement.

Now, as a self proclaimed Labour voter you must still have the belief that people should be treated equally, no matter the colour of their skin? That is what the BLM movement are after, equality. Simple as. A lot of the rest is being amplified simply to shut down this debate.

2 minutes ago, Mr.Carrow said:

Yes it's silly because that connection is bogus, whereas the BLM/taking the knee one is obvious and out in the open. There are many black intellectuals speaking out against BLM (Coleman Hughes, John McWhorter, Glenn Loury, Chloe Valdary, John Wood etc). There's good reason for that.

It is exactly the same logic that you use. That you can't see that is depressing. It seems you think millions of us around the world have all been hoodwinked into supporting a Marxist revolutionary ideology because a couple of members of BLM have exclaimed Marxist values and they too have supported taking the knee. FFS get real, or go and spend some time with the QAnoncers, they love this stuff. The rest of us will just have to take the risk that we're all being converted into Marxist revolutionaries by our evil support for an act expressing racial equality. Maybe one day, after we've all been rescued from our blind adherence to the (former) Marxist ideology of the BLM leadership, we will fall to our knees as praise you for the true saviour that you are. 

There's some on here that need to cancel their die hard subscription to the Guardian, read varied publications and then come up with a more balanced perspective. 

12 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Perhaps this explains why I have just had text conversation with a friend who tells me that 73,000 (Yes that's SEVENTY THREE THOUSAND - allegedly) have signed an online petition in support of the Millwall fans who booed). No idea of the authenticity of that but to get that number in 24 hours is a huge response. Perhaps this indicates a far deeper mood in the country on this matter than some of the more 'avid' posters on this thread would care to admit.

Actually I'm pretty sure there are a lot more racists than that in the country. They clearly need to try harder.

5 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

There's some on here that need to cancel their die hard subscription to the Guardian, read varied publications and then come up with a more balanced perspective. 

They just need to go back to the off topic board. It’s the containment board designed to keep them away from the main board and ruining it.

Edited by The Real Buh

Just now, The Real Buh said:

They just need to go back to the office topic board. It’s the containment board designed to keep them away from the main board and ruining it.

This topic is better off deleted if you ask me. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

You burst onto the thread with a post so full of RWNJ cliches that I at first thought it was a parody. Then it soon turned out it was serious. You haven't once thought or asked why the black community are having to take these actions but just repeat stuff that has been designed to belittle the movement.

Now, as a self proclaimed Labour voter you must still have the belief that people should be treated equally, no matter the colour of their skin? That is what the BLM movement are after, equality. Simple as. A lot of the rest is being amplified simply to shut down this debate.

It isn't a "debate" when trying to give some research recommendations  and pointing out black liberals saying some challenging things is immediately labelled right wing. Just because you've been presented with a certain narrative and feel ideologically pressured to conform to it does not make the narrative beyond question. 

I have actually lived in non-white countries the last few years and I can assure you it gives our concept of racism a different slant. It is very, very complicated. 

Just now, Chelm Canary said:

who would ask you?

Just now, Chelm Canary said:

Nah it’s legitimate debate in my opinion but not on the main Norwich city discussion board. There was no issue at all with this at the Norwich game. This is an issue with another football club and it’s attracted this off topic freaks here. We need to get them back to the assigned off topic containment board they were banished to.

1 hour ago, Taylor324 said:

So you believe defunding the police and diverting the money to a youth club in a lawless community will lead to a utopian society free from crime, drugs and racism - Well good luck with that idea Mr Gullible 

So which point in the video did you disagree with - only this time without making stuff up.

13 minutes ago, Mr.Carrow said:

Actually the taking of the knee is actually very sports specific.

Kaepernick and Reid started it but had consulted a Green Beret vet about how they could make a statement against police brutality. Back in 2016 BLM had already existed for several years. It wasn't part of the BLM. It wasn't a gesture made for, or with BLM.

Other players then took the knee in solidarity with Kaepernick who may have lost out on contracts as a result. He certainly wasn't part of the BLM at the time.

So in reality, taking the knee is specifically in support of, and in solidarity with, a fellow sports professional expressing themselves in an appropriate and respectful manner.

Due to the inspiration of the gesture, BLM were already protesting the mistreatment of black Americans whilst in police custody, or before they even reached it. So it is more than just BLM. It was originally in isolation of BLM.

As for the names of those you give who speak out against BLM, I think you'll find they are not 100% against the movement, but some of the actions of the movement or the beliefs held by some of those in the movement. But that's because it is a movement. It's a bit like saying that all of the anti war in Iraq protestors were politically all left wing - which is also inaccurate. 

• Like 1

Because its the usual middle class consciences pretending they have empathy with every bleddy cause or protest in the UK and the rest of the World.

Stop bleddy talking and protesting about matters for a week before you crawl off back to your red brick universities and take some action for a change. 

We don't all live in suburban bleddy home counties. We were brought up on estates and nobody gave a toss about us until we started taking action. 

Our leaders and  people who inspired us were Keir Hardie and Nye Bevan not bleddy thinkers like Chomsky or poets like Cooper Clark.

Stop talking about ridding the world of inequality and all its forms and doing something about it.

• Like 1

Given the ten pages of argument that have already appeared, I don’t think anyone could reasonably deny that BLM have been successful in promoting their profile through their ongoing campaigns  They have also been extremely successful in generating division and discord where none used to exist, with views tending to polarise increasingly on the extremes.  That, surely, cannot be a good thing.  Despite already having successful anti-racism programmes in place, such as Kick it out, football unwittingly allowed itself to be used as a political pawn by BLM and now is struggling to find a face-saving way of distancing itself.

• Like 1

I think everyone's probably gone a bit too far into this.

The Millwall booing wasn't some well presented, intellectually backed criticism of the political standings within BLM. It was because they're a bunch of fat, bald, knuckle dragging racists.

Equally some of the posters on here who don't believe taking a knee is actually a positive step forwards anymore arent racist. I mean some of them are, but most of them aren't.

There is a deeper problem which has existed for God knows how long in that those on the right refuse to educate themselves with information deriving from the left and vice versa. These polarised views are unfortunately only further entrenched by social media algorithms which means those on the left will be presented with more left-wing based content and again vice versa. Its now made it almost impossible for people to see both sides.

P.S - Farke knows what he's doing with subs and in general so the next time we arent winning a game don't all start acting like you're Sir Alex ****ing Ferguson

7 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

I think there are some on here who need to actually go speak to people in the real world, listen to them rather than suggest what they are reading is more correct than what someone else is reading.

The truth is that you have to read as much as is possible without, where possible, going to either extreme. Have a look on the internet and see what another country is saying about the same news. You'd be surprised how it is often viewed there.