Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Millwall fans boo thier own players taking the knee

All very interesting reading but is it just me that thinks since this whole BLM movement began, racism and racial hatred seems to have gone through the roof. Yes I know it's always been there but lately all we ever read about or see on the TV is racism. Sport especially has made massive strides in tackling racism over the last ten years or so but for me the whole BLM movement has given racists a whole new reason to vent their ignorant views. 

34 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

Awful lot of virtue signalling on here and people saying what they believe to be from a higher moral ground rather than thinking independently. 

This always happens with this type of topic. 

Ah! the standard reply of the bigot. When someone points out the wrongs of something like racism its just "virtue signalling". Thinking independently means not just trotting out banal cliches that represent the very opposite of independent thinking. Maybe you can give us a critique of what "virtue signalling" is supposed to mean and why it applies to what has been said on here. 

Edited by horsefly

10 hours ago, horsefly said:

Taking the knee for 15 seconds to express racial solidarity has nothing to do with defunding the police. Please at least try to stick to the point.

The point is you have been sucked in by a Marxist political group who rely on naive people like you to support them 

1 minute ago, Taylor324 said:

The point is you have been sucked in by a Marxist political group who rely on naive people like you to support them 

For Christ's sake stop being so dumb and answer the actual points that have been made. It's very clear that you haven't got a clue about Marxism and that you're just throwing around the term as a form of abuse and a way of deflecting from your own ignorance. Grow some balls and have the courage to face up to your own racism.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Ah! the standard reply of the bigot. When someone points out the wrongs of something like racism its just "virtue signalling". Thinking independently means not just trotting out banal cliches that represent the very opposite of independent thinking. Maybe you can give us a critique of what "virtue signalling" is supposed to mean and why it applies to what has been said on here. 

Absolutely.👍👍👍

16 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Let's face it, if someone had told you that a set of fans had done this and you didn't know which, I'm sure your first guess would've been Millwall.

Burnley, Leeds?

16 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

While I have no doubt that some of the booing fans are indeed dyed-in-the-wool racists, this does necessitate the question of whether this is still the most appropriate form of gesture to combat racism in the game.

I understand that you are just trying to look at the issue from a different angle, but I don't think the argument is logical. Do you really think their boss represent a cry of,

"I am a fervent anti-racist but I don't think that "taking the knee" is an appropriate statement of anti-racist action and am going to demonstrate my disapproval in the only way possible, but of course will continue to actively support the anti-racist cause in all other ways."

15 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

I just don't think it's provable to a degree that you can label and ban someone for doing it.

Balance of probabilities? I think most would agree using this as a measure. We are only talking about a ban - not criminal action.

14 hours ago, yellow 63 said:

Not into all this politics lark but a link i have been sent 

Not into politics but in contact with people that send you racist links?

Mmmm🤯

37 minutes ago, daisy said:

All very interesting reading but is it just me that thinks since this whole BLM movement began, racism and racial hatred seems to have gone through the roof. Yes I know it's always been there but lately all we ever read about or see on the TV is racism. Sport especially has made massive strides in tackling racism over the last ten years or so but for me the whole BLM movement has given racists a whole new reason to vent their ignorant views. 

I thnk this is highlighting the levels of racism that are already there, but hiding in plain sight. There isn't more racism now it's simply that the BLM movement has helped to get it uncovered. Sometimes the only way to fix a problem is to fully expose it.

It is very similar to the Me Too movement. It caused a lot of fuss but it helped us see (me at least) how big a problem it was. It wasn't now just "Carry On" style casual sexism, there was a still a lot of disgusting misogyny going on that we were either ignorant of or ignoring.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Enjoying the fact that since BLM has become a much bigger thing, 1000's of people have suddenly learned the word 'marxist' and made it the catch all insult while not really knowing what it means.

• Like 3

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

How could you betray me man

I thought we was tight 😥

thier 

ThieRRRR!!!

THIERRRRR!!!

UNNACCEPTABLEEE!!!

995591E0-835F-4CDE-98FF-FCAE82DBDE84.gif

13 hours ago, yellowrider120 said:

but don't agree with the BLM 'political' organisation which has some sinister overtones.

...why do people fall for this nonsense? It is just a fig leaf given by racists to justify their position which seems to delude others who may not be racist themselves but easily manipulated.

12 minutes ago, horsefly said:

For Christ's sake stop being so dumb and answer the actual points that have been made. It's very clear that you haven't got a clue about Marxism and that you're just throwing around the term as a form of abuse and a way of deflecting from your own ignorance. Grow some balls and have the courage to face up to your own racism.

No need to get hysterical. BLM by their own admission are a political group and are therefore open to criticism the same as any other political group - So with this in mind, please explain how abolishing the police will help fight racism and promote equality? 

I should also add I'm of mixed race myself and have a good education but thanks for calling me dumb, ignorant and a racist - I suggest your insults tell us more about you than they do about me?

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

Enjoying the fact that since BLM has become a much bigger thing, 1000's of people have suddenly learned the word 'marxist' and made it the catch all insult while not really knowing what it means.

Absolutely! I have noticed that none of them have ever attempted to show why being anti-racism suddenly makes you a supporter of marxism. I would love to see them attempt it but we all know they won't because it is so mind-numbingly stupid. Of course I'm making the assumption here that they actually have a basic understanding of Marxism, which they clearly don't.

13 hours ago, yellowrider120 said:

Perhaps the Millwall fans were the first with the courage to publicly voice their concern. To openly condemn them all as 'racist' without finding out WHY they booed is typical left wing, politically correct stereotyping.  

🤦‍♂️I have heard it all now!

1 minute ago, horsefly said:

Absolutely! I have noticed that none of them have ever attempted to show why being anti-racism suddenly makes you a supporter of marxism. I would love to see them attempt it but we all know they won't because it is so mind-numbingly stupid. Of course I'm making the assumption here that they actually have a basic understanding of Marxism, which they clearly don't.

There are no end of articles available that examine the political motivations and aspirations of the BLM movement.  To use just one example, the piece published on The Heritage Foundation website in September entitled “ Like the Soviets, Black Lives Matter Purges Its History” looks at how BLM has removed several “problematic” statements from its various media profiles in an effort to hide some of its more extreme aims.

10 minutes ago, Herman said:

Sometimes the only way to fix a problem is to fully expose it.

100% this , do you remove half a tumour, half an abcess? Of course not, every last remnant of infection must be cleaned out, thoroughly.

7 minutes ago, Taylor324 said:

No need to get hysterical. BLM by their own admission are a political group and are therefore open to criticism the same as any other political group - So with this in mind, please explain how abolishing the police will help fight racism and promote equality? 

This has already been clearly explained to you by @chicken @Kenny Foggo and @Fiery Zac. On page 4 of a 5 paged thread.

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

100% this , do you remove half a tumour, half an abcess? Of course not, every last remnant of infection must be cleaned out, thoroughly.

And how much healthy tissue do you remove from around the edges just to make sure because despite any evidence whatsoever you have a gut feeling it just might be cancerous?  

Or to use another analogy, are you proposing that anyone suspected of thinking the wrong thoughts should be sent to the gulags?

4 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

There are no end of articles available that examine the political motivations and aspirations of the BLM movement.  To use just one example, the piece published on The Heritage Foundation website in September entitled “ Like the Soviets, Black Lives Matter Purges Its History” looks at how BLM has removed several “problematic” statements from its various media profiles in an effort to hide some of its more extreme aims.

This would be the Heritage Foundation that is well known as a far-right politically-motivated website, who amongst other things are climate change deniers, opposed to the Kyoto Agreement (partially funded by ExxonMobil, General Motors etc)?

It is a far right group dedicated to trying to undermining anti-racism; climate protection; social justice etc.

I think, perhaps, you need to read more widely - certainly if you wish to understand any issue and not be manipulated!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Herman said:

This has already been clearly explained to you by @chicken @Kenny Foggo and @Fiery Zac. On page 4 of a 5 paged thread.

I must have missed their explanation of how abolishing the police will help fight racism

Just for clarity can I have a recap  

1 minute ago, Badger said:

This would be the Heritage Foundation that is well known as a far-right politically-motivated website, who amongst other things are climate change deniers, opposed to the Kyoto Agreement (partially funded by ExxonMobil, General Motors etc)?

It is a far right group dedicated to trying to undermining anti-racism; climate protection; social justice etc.

I think, perhaps, you need to read more widely - certainly if you wish to understand any issue and not be manipulated!

Plenty of other articles if you don’t like that one.  That said, you’d probably similarly dismiss the Daily Telegraph as being a far-right organisation.

8 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

And how much healthy tissue do you remove from around the edges just to make sure because despite any evidence whatsoever you have a gut feeling it just might be cancerous?  

Or to use another analogy, are you proposing that anyone suspected of thinking the wrong thoughts should be sent to the gulags?

Of course not, you are being silly now. I never mentioned suspected. Stay on track or be ridiculed. See Badgeros post for a taste of that.

Edited by wcorkcanary

1 minute ago, Naturalcynic said:

Plenty of other articles if you don’t like that one.

Well go on, show me then...

...and yes, the Daily Telegraph is right wing.

2 minutes ago, Taylor324 said:

I must have missed their explanation of how abolishing the police will help fight racism

Just for clarity can I have a recap  

No, as you are just wasting theirs, mine and your own time.

• Thanks 1