22 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

"You're not a season ticket holder though. No one is."

The club disagree, clearly. And I guess as the issuer of said season tickets, they are the authority, not hogesar from the Pinkun Forums. 

*sigh*

Whether on a technicality the club sees you as a season ticket holder or not isn't the point being made but since you've not grasped that several times over its probably best for all if we just leave it there.

5 minutes ago, hogesar said:

*sigh*

Whether on a technicality the club sees you as a season ticket holder or not isn't the point being made but since you've not grasped that several times over its probably best for all if we just leave it there.

Next time just say you got it wrong, we won't think any less of you. Quite the opposite. 

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

Next time just say you got it wrong, we won't think any less of you. Quite the opposite. 

image.png.f469e55dce0bbdd8bf4bd8a69c56d2aa.png

• Like 1

Can’t understand what everyone is arguing about, ST are still ST now and will be next season unless they have stopped paying the DD . If they have asked for their money back they will still have the various deadlines to renew next year.

And to think we laugh at other clubs forums and their debates. 

It's not really that hard is it? 

On 29/11/2020 at 20:09, canarydan23 said:

It'd be nice if the club treated them like cup games, where they most they've charged in recent seasons is £25 when Man Utd were coming to town with a guaranteed full house and excellent atmosphere.

But £30 for 2,000 fans to watch Sheffield Wednesday? When every one of your target market has access to the game via a stream? I mean it makes commercial sense, there are plenty enough people happy to pay it; they'll wonder what on earth I'm unhappy with whilst I wonder how they can't see they're being mugged. I just think for a significant number of season ticket holders it'll be seen as another in a long series of the club trying to squeeze every possible penny out of them when it could have been an opportunity to curry some favour with a fanbase who've lost a critical connection to their club for the past 9 months.

"recent seasons" didn't limit capacity to 2k people, did it?

Honestly, if you don't want to go or can't afford it, don't go.

34 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

"recent seasons" didn't limit capacity to 2k people, did it?

Honestly, if you don't want to go or can't afford it, don't go.

That's exactly what I intend to do. 

Given how long it took to sell the tickets, I suspect a significant chunk of season ticket holders are of the same mind, which I think says a lot about the pricing. 

4 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

That's exactly what I intend to do. 

Given how long it took to sell the tickets, I suspect a significant chunk of season ticket holders are of the same mind, which I think says a lot about the pricing. 

Or maybe it just says a lot about the current situation , I have a few friends who are not going and wouldn’t have gone whatever the price and they have no money worries

3 hours ago, city4eva said:

Or maybe it just says a lot about the current situation , I have a few friends who are not going and wouldn’t have gone whatever the price and they have no money worries

Very much this, though for what it’s worth I’d imagine it’s a combination of what both you and CanaryDan think. There is no question though that the current situation will have affected sales, especially when you factor in that the game is available to all on iFollow.

3 hours ago, city4eva said:

Indeed.

The thought of freezing your wotsits off in this weather for 90 mins even before KO has limited appeal.

On 30/11/2020 at 08:23, canarydan23 said:

A "free" used as an incentive to not cause further hardship to the club by asking for a refund at a time when the club is enduring a cashflow crisis. Use your common sense, Commonsense. Might need to give that head of yours a wobble first.

£30 isn't actually the going rate. The average cost of the cheapest ticket in the Championship from 2018 was just over £20.00. As I previously mentioned, the cost for a guaranteed sell out again minnow Man Utd in the FA Cup when it would have been a Premier League team against a Premier League would have been £25.00 only a few months ago. So how can they think that it's now worth £30?

To be honest, I suspect season ticket holders willing to pay it will get at least two bites of the cherry if it stayed like this all season. I wouldn't be at all surprised if there are a good percentage of season ticket holders who will give it a swerve, either for shielding reasons or because they don't want to be ripped off. Therefore with 16 home games left this season and probably significantly less than 16,000 season ticket holders applying for each game (I would bet it'd be closer to 10,000) and 2,000 fans allowed in, those that don't mind having their pants pulled down by the club will get at least two games to watch at the ground, maybe even three.

I'll be watching Norwich United in the FA Vase. For an old **** like me it'll probably cost me a fiver so I've no complaints and it's live football at a club with a very welcoming clubhouse followed by a chinese takeaway from Constitution Hill. Loverly jubberly.

Edited by Spix
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spix said:

I'll be watching Norwich United in the FA Vase. For an old **** like me it'll probably cost me a fiver so I've no complaints and it's live football at a club with a very welcoming clubhouse.

Good shout. Although the bastards might've taken the clubhouse away. 

2 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I've thought that might be a problem although after the first lockdown it was open. I'll see when I get there. Last time I went to Dereham the clubhouse was closed meaning I lost out on my cup of hot soup and a tray of cheesy chips.

10 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

Wroxham have had permission to open their clubhouse so you may be ok

It's £30 at Xmas when people have already forked out for next year... The club might want to rethink if more are allowed in.... 

Not being funny, but i could afford the £30, but chose not to go (Covid related). As my mate said it does also give non-season ticket holders a chance to go, a bit like cup games... anyway I’m becoming an armchair supporter (boo hoo)

Good win (eventually) today. OTBC

3 minutes ago, not a clue said:

Not being funny, but i could afford the £30, but chose not to go (Covid related). As my mate said it does also give non-season ticket holders a chance to go, a bit like cup games... anyway I’m becoming an armchair supporter (boo hoo)

Good win (eventually) today. OTBC

If we stay top then they will have no problem selling the tickets, but as you say it's a great chance for other fans to financially support the team rather than rely on ST holders.

I know I'm prepaying for next season but on top of what I'm paying already another £30 means sacrifices elsewhere.

5 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Had an email to say those of us who went to the Preston game can now apply.😀

Really !? 
I didn’t apply this time because my two sons , season ticket holders , live away and can’t travel . So I was leaving it for games around Christmas when they can travel and will be here . I’ll be seriously p*ssed off if we can’t get tickets when those have already been can . 

24 minutes ago, Pockthorpe said:

Really !? 
I didn’t apply this time because my two sons , season ticket holders , live away and can’t travel . So I was leaving it for games around Christmas when they can travel and will be here . I’ll be seriously p*ssed off if we can’t get tickets when those have already been can . 

Preston was a pilot and a freebie? Pisses me off as I couldn't get a ticket for Preston!

3 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Preston was a pilot and a freebie? Pisses me off as I couldn't get a ticket for Preston!

I did try for that , me neither . Bet it was great there today CP ! I’m jealous ! 

4 minutes ago, Pockthorpe said:

I did try for that , me neither . Bet it was great there today CP ! I’m jealous ! 

Decided not to apply tbh. Watched it in the warm with a nice coffee and mince pie.

I probably won't apply until Norfolk moves out of Tier 2 and some normal level of matchday experience returns. 

14 minutes ago, Pockthorpe said:

It was awesome. 2,000 supporters made a lot of noise. We definitely need to keep this 2,000 in the South Stand when things are back to normal. It was like being back in the barclay before I was banished to the blankets 🙃

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

It was awesome. 2,000 supporters made a lot of noise. We definitely need to keep this 2,000 in the South Stand when things are back to normal. It was like being back in the barclay before I was banished to the blankets 🙃

Do you think?
I am normally in the Barclay  and despite me and my sons best efforts to get block K going we were fighting a losing battle until we scored . We were both saying that there couldn’t have been many from the Barclay around us..  the 2 old guys in front of us spent most of the time complaining ,especially about Mcgovern, wish they had stayed at home

3 minutes ago, city4eva said:

Do you think?
I am normally in the Barclay  and despite me and my sons best efforts to get block K going we were fighting a losing battle until we scored . We were both saying that there couldn’t have been many from the Barclay around us..  the 2 old guys in front of us spent most of the time complaining ,especially about Mcgovern, wish they had stayed at home

3 minutes ago, city4eva said:

Do you think?

Your spoilt with seats in the barclay. If you normally were in the south stand you would probably have noticed a difference. We have far too many spectators, coaches and commentators who are too busy to get behind the team🙃