20 hours ago, Commonsense said:

Here we go again. Moan Moan Moan.

It’s not as if we’re top of the league or anything. Season ticket holders are getting full access next season plus free Ifollow this. Do you really think it’s unreasonable to charge for the games we can actually get a ticket for you. Guarantee the moaners are the same people who will be pleading for the club to buy in January.

I like you. Post more often.

You should change your name to tractor boy. Where does your average figure come from? Was it the price paid by those who had already paid a membership fee. Is it the median or mode?

Your obsession with the Man Itd game is ridiculous. This was in a competition where City were given additional prize money and had the benefit of a large tv payment. If you want to look at how not to manage finances just travel down the A140  and stop your constant whinging.

13 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

This sort of attitude I find bizarre.

The club offered us the chance of a refund or to carry it forward for next year.

You are now paying for next year's season ticket. It was plainly spelt out in communications and letters from the club.

These tickets have nothing to do with next year's season ticket. Treat them like cup games. 

Don't blame the club because you couldn't be arsed to read the letters they sent out.

Exactly.

• Like 2

Some people just like to have a little whinge. Some may call it an inflated sense of self importance. Season ticket holders are not as important to Clubs as they think, especially when there is a waiting list. 

As the Cockroach Commander in the Furry Freak Brothers would say..... " Plenty more where they came from"

50 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

A "free" used as an incentive to not cause further hardship to the club by asking for a refund at a time when the club is enduring a cashflow crisis. Use your common sense, Commonsense. Might need to give that head of yours a wobble first.

£30 isn't actually the going rate. The average cost of the cheapest ticket in the Championship from 2018 was just over £20.00. As I previously mentioned, the cost for a guaranteed sell out again minnow Man Utd in the FA Cup when it would have been a Premier League team against a Premier League would have been £25.00 only a few months ago. So how can they think that it's now worth £30?

To be honest, I suspect season ticket holders willing to pay it will get at least two bites of the cherry if it stayed like this all season. I wouldn't be at all surprised if there are a good percentage of season ticket holders who will give it a swerve, either for shielding reasons or because they don't want to be ripped off. Therefore with 16 home games left this season and probably significantly less than 16,000 season ticket holders applying for each game (I would bet it'd be closer to 10,000) and 2,000 fans allowed in, those that don't mind having their pants pulled down by the club will get at least two games to watch at the ground, maybe even three.

Don't understand this attitude. It's just putting a negative slant on things for the sake of it. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Some people just like to have a little whinge. Some may call it an inflated sense of self importance. Season ticket holders are not as important to Clubs as they think, especially when there is a waiting list. 

As the Cockroach Commander in the Furry Freak Brothers would say..... " Plenty more where they came from"

The income from season ticket sales is worth several million a year to the club and by the way there is not a waiting list.

A poor attempt at fishing but of course you got the bite i expect you were looking for.

23 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

The income from season ticket sales is worth several million a year to the club and by the way there is not a waiting list.

A poor attempt at fishing but of course you got the bite i expect you were looking for.

I dont mind being a poor Fisherman.......as I am an Angler, a bit more selective in my target species. If the Helmet fits, wear it. 😇😉👍

44 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

My season ticket at concession rate costs just under £15 a game but these games will be £20.

Your season ticket is priced at a level where 27,000 people get to go. The current pricing is based off of only 2,000 people getting to go. Have you heard of supply and demand?

In fact I'd wager that the club could have easily bumped the prices up even higher and still comfortably sold 2,000 tickets. Of course that doesn't mean they should, as they do not want to be seen to be taken advantage of the fanbase. But in the circumstances - the club has lost £25 million odd of revenue through COVID and the fact iFollow has already been dished out for free to tens of thousands of people - maybe they want to claw just a little more money from the supporters. Especially when they are only able to sell such few tickets.

Perhaps we will see ticket prices on the rise for the next year or so while restrictions are still in place and as a degree of 'novelty' will be at hand in being able to return to stadiums. This makes sense if the stadium is operating below capacity and I personally will be happy to pay a little extra to see my team play if it helps the club to stay financially stable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, canarydan23 said:

A "free" used as an incentive to not cause further hardship to the club by asking for a refund at a time when the club is enduring a cashflow crisis. Use your common sense, Commonsense. Might need to give that head of yours a wobble first.

Why on earth are you so cynical about everything?

You said the club tried to squeeze every penny out of the fans, the free iFollow home-games is an obvious outlier which was pointed out against your ridiculous statement, but instead of giving the club even a milligram of credit you double down and make it sound like the scheme was some kind of ploy for even more money. How ridiculous. How are the club expected to seen to be doing anything right in your eyes when you have such a blinkered view? Give the club a break!

Its lost £25 million through COVID, yet gave out iFollow streams for free for all of the home games to season ticket holders. That's £10 saved by every season ticket holder for 23 matches. £230 x what, 20,000 ST holders - £4.6million for the season. That's a hell of a lot they are giving to us fans for FREE.

And the club is still a business right? Under a self-funding model as well - the contribution of us fans is critical but even more so now with such a hard-hitting impact on our turnover. What exactly are you expecting as a fan?

The pricing of £30 for a game where only 2,000 fans get to go, in a time where fans haven't been able to attend for 9 months, makes perfect sense. Sure its more expensive than usual - but understandably so in the circumstances - and its also nowhere near as expensive as it could've been!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Be interesting to see what Arsenal charge

Don’t know about Arsenal, but Chelsea are charging £75 !!!

• Sad 1

It's quite simple,, that's the price, take or leave it, albeit that decision may be a financial one, or a safety one, both based on your own circumstances and situation. 

End of the day, your choice for your reasoning, and others make theirs, which they are entitled to do. 

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

My season ticket at concession rate costs just under £15 a game but these games will be £20.

Can't argue with the figures Til but the reason we season ticket holders pay less for games than a casual supporter is that we guarantee to pay in advance for every game. The club then offer a discount for that commitment.

This season nobody is a season ticket holder (the Direct Debit money we are paying is for next season) so we are all in effect casual - go to the odd game if you want or leave it if you want (as a good number in this thread have indicated they will do).

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Don't understand this attitude. It's just putting a negative slant on things for the sake of it. 

What bit don't you understand? The concepts are pretty simple.

The club are charging more than normal for an inferior product/experience.

I think that's wrong, you don't.

56 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

You said the club tried to squeeze every penny out of the fans, the free iFollow home-games is an obvious outlier which was pointed out against your ridiculous statement, but instead of giving the club even a milligram of credit you double down and make it sound like the scheme was some kind of ploy for even more money. How ridiculous. How are the club expected to seen to be doing anything right in your eyes when you have such a blinkered view? Give the club a break!

I'm very grateful for the iFollow offering, access to midweek away games was a very welcome and unnecessary bonus. As I'm sure are season ticket holders of every other club that subscribes to iFollow and is receiving the same benefit. But it was dangled as an incentive to not push for a refund in the season ticket letter, did you not read it? It only sounds like I made it sound like a scheme to make even more money if you didn't read it properly. It was an incentive to enable the club to not have to dish out a significant sum of cash in a difficult period, which is pretty much what I said and exactly what it was.

You think it's understandably more expensive than usual, I think making it more expensive that usual is a p*ss-take. Should I change that opinion because the club need a break? Whilst we're top of the Championship, we're nowhere near similarly placed in the league table to people who need a break because of the pandemic.

6 minutes ago, Hairy Canary said:

Can't argue with the figures Til but the reason we season ticket holders pay less for games than a casual supporter is that we guarantee to pay in advance for every game. The club then offer a discount for that commitment.

This season nobody is a season ticket holder (the Direct Debit money we are paying is for next season) so we are all in effect casual - go to the odd game if you want or leave it if you want (as a good number in this thread have indicated they will do).  

Not really, try applying for one of the 2,000 tickets when you're not a season ticket holder and see how you get on.

33 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I'm very grateful for the iFollow offering, access to midweek away games was a very welcome and unnecessary bonus. As I'm sure are season ticket holders of every other club that subscribes to iFollow and is receiving the same benefit. But it was dangled as an incentive to not push for a refund in the season ticket letter, did you not read it? It only sounds like I made it sound like a scheme to make even more money if you didn't read it properly. It was an incentive to enable the club to not have to dish out a significant sum of cash in a difficult period, which is pretty much what I said and exactly what it was.

You think it's understandably more expensive than usual, I think making it more expensive that usual is a p*ss-take. Should I change that opinion because the club need a break? Whilst we're top of the Championship, we're nowhere near similarly placed in the league table to people who need a break because of the pandemic.

I can respect that, but you didn't come across as very grateful for the iFollow offering in your prior post!

Unfortunately its a bit of a vicious cycle, some people will be negatively hit by COVID, the club is also negatively impacted of course. So does the club subsidise tickets even more to cater for the fans who have lost out or does it try to recoup a small proportion more money while capacity is still restricted?

Given it is currently only able to sell 2,000 tickets I think it makes sense to bump the prices up a little bit. There will still be plenty of fans more than happy to pay this, and plenty who haven't necessarily been affected financially by COVID.

Of course, it sucks for the ones who have lost jobs or are struggling elsewhere, but I don't think the club should be expected to bite the bullet even more when only such a small amount of tickets are actually available.

Let's not forget as well that all the staffing costs (per supporter) in the stadium will be increased given the small proportion of supporters in the stadium but the need for them to be spread out and socially distanced, i.e. less of a profit margin per ticket. If only the Jarrold stand is used then it will likely be that those 2,000 people will be spread out across 8,000 seats. So they will need to have 8,000 worth of security / stall employees (maybe a bit less) for only 2,000 people.

I think when you take the circumstances into account that £30 is not unreasonable but that's fair enough if you feel different.  

I don't have an issue with the £30 charge for adults, but i have taken issue with the club as to why there is no concessions for full-time students who are over 18. I pay a reduced price for my son's season ticket so it seems unjust to expect families to pay the full adult price for their son / daughter to attend a match this season. My son's godfather has three sons all of which are season ticket holders and all at university. He will have to shell out £120 if they want to attend a match over Christmas !

Apparently, I was not the first supporter to raise this with the ticket office !

3 minutes ago, Halesworth Canary said:

I don't have an issue with the £30 charge for adults, but i have taken issue with the club as to why there is no concessions for full-time students who are over 18. I pay a reduced price for my son's season ticket so it seems unjust to expect families to pay the full adult price for their son / daughter to attend a match this season. My son's godfather has three sons all of which are season ticket holders and all at university. He will have to shell out £120 if they want to attend a match over Christmas !

Apparently, I was not the first supporter to raise this with the ticket office !

Don’t agree, students aren’t in a worse position financially than a lot of people that work for a living and have mortgages, high rent etc

5 minutes ago, Halesworth Canary said:

Agree with this, concessions should match season tickets.

54 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:
2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Inferior product???   Inferior experience???  We're top of the league and anyone who gets to go will regard it as a privilege (see the comments for the match  where 1000 people were allowed in) and will be hugely grateful they were able to go.  You cynicism is obvious and I wonder at that.  I get that £30 instead of perhaps £25 is £5 difference and at the moment, to some people, every penny counts, but overall it is a special occasion for people that can go and £30 is not a huge amount in that context - especially as the club has a cashflow issue and will have extra costs on the day with more staff needed than would normally be needed for such a small crowd given the situation. 

For the club, the £5 difference between £30 and £25 is £10,000 extra income (£60,000 instead of £50,000). In the running of a football club in a season like this where income is hard to come by, £10,000 is going to help the lifeline for the club to keep it's running costs manageable.

6 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Inferior product???   Inferior experience???  We're top of the league and anyone who gets to go will regard it as a privilege (see the comments for the match  where 1000 people were allowed in) and will be hugely grateful they were able to go.  You cynicism is obvious and I wonder at that.  I get that £30 instead of perhaps £25 is £5 difference and at the moment, to some people, every penny counts, but overall it is a special occasion for people that can go and £30 is not a huge amount in that context - especially as the club has a cashflow issue and will have extra costs on the day with more staff needed than would normally be needed for such a small crowd given the situation. 

For the club, the £5 difference between £30 and £25 is £10,000 extra income (£60,000 instead of £50,000). In the running of a football club in a season like this where income is hard to come by, £10,000 is going to help the lifeline for the club to keep it's running costs manageable.

If you're really going to argue that watching Sheffield Wednesday in a near empty Carrow Road, is not inferior to Man Utd in the 5th round of the FA Cup, then I think it's fair to say we should disengage, yes?

36 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

I can respect that, but you didn't come across as very grateful for the iFollow offering in your prior post!

Unfortunately its a bit of a vicious cycle, some people will be negatively hit by COVID, the club is also negatively impacted of course. So does the club subsidise tickets even more to cater for the fans who have lost out or does it try to recoup a small proportion more money while capacity is still restricted?

Given it is currently only able to sell 2,000 tickets I think it makes sense to bump the prices up a little bit. There will still be plenty of fans more than happy to pay this, and plenty who haven't necessarily been affected financially by COVID.

Of course, it sucks for the ones who have lost jobs or are struggling elsewhere, but I don't think the club should be expected to bite the bullet even more when only such a small amount of tickets are actually available.

Let's not forget as well that all the staffing costs (per supporter) in the stadium will be increased given the small proportion of supporters in the stadium but the need for them to be spread out and socially distanced, i.e. less of a profit margin per ticket. If only the Jarrold stand is used then it will likely be that those 2,000 people will be spread out across 8,000 seats. So they will need to have 8,000 worth of security / stall employees (maybe a bit less) for only 2,000 people.

I think when you take the circumstances into account that £30 is not unreasonable but that's fair enough if you feel different.  

Given how our club has operated pretty much since Delia and Michael took over, you can almost guarantee they budgeted for worse case scenario. They've gone public before I believe to say that they base their finances on worse case scenarios, assume we will exit cups early etc, etc. I find it hard to believe that they expected any income whatsoever out of tickets this side of Christmas, therefore anything they can recoup will be seen as something of a bonus next to the financial forecasts. That being the case, I think it would have been good of the club to go low on the price, certainly lower then Man U in the FA Cup 5th round.

They'll sell out without question so it may make sense to do it at £30. Hell, they'd have been enough mugs at £40 or even £50 to sell 2,000, so to play devil's advocate, why do you think they didn't or shouldn't have done that? I suspect your answer will be for the same reasons I don't think £30 is particularly fair, we've just got different numerical perspectives.

4 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Given how our club has operated pretty much since Delia and Michael took over, you can almost guarantee they budgeted for worse case scenario. They've gone public before I believe to say that they base their finances on worse case scenarios, assume we will exit cups early etc, etc. I find it hard to believe that they expected any income whatsoever out of tickets this side of Christmas, therefore anything they can recoup will be seen as something of a bonus next to the financial forecasts. That being the case, I think it would have been good of the club to go low on the price, certainly lower then Man U in the FA Cup 5th round.

They'll sell out without question so it may make sense to do it at £30. Hell, they'd have been enough mugs at £40 or even £50 to sell 2,000, so to play devil's advocate, why do you think they didn't or shouldn't have done that? I suspect your answer will be for the same reasons I don't think £30 is particularly fair, we've just got different numerical perspectives.

Interesting point on the budgeting, but whilst any ticket revenue in the next few home games will surely seen as a bonus - I don't that means the club shouldn't try to benefit from that bonus a reasonable amount (obviously as you say my reasonable amount and your reasonable amount is clearly slightly different).

They obviously have to strike a balance between trying to clawback what they can whilst not taking the **** out of the fans. I think £30 is probably the sweet spot, its not a huge amount more than normal and given the limited availability of tickets they will be sought after.

If we were talking £40 plus I'd probably be in your boat!

I dont think I'm 100% sure how these ticket sales for Forest and Wednesday will work?

Is it first come first served tomorrow morning?...or is it ,as with Preston ,merely registering an application and 2000 then being 'randomly' selected??

1 minute ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I dont think I'm 100% sure how these ticket sales for Forest and Wednesday will work?

Is it first come first served tomorrow morning?...or is it ,as with Preston ,merely registering an application and 2000 then being 'randomly' selected??

Yes I rang up for clarity on this. It is first come first served, so likely to be very busy tomorrow morning.

7 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Yes I rang up for clarity on this. It is first come first served, so likely to be very busy tomorrow morning.

...jesus....weeks to prepare for this and they cant even get that right?!?

17 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:
29 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

If you're really going to argue that watching Sheffield Wednesday in a near empty Carrow Road, is not inferior to Man Utd in the 5th round of the FA Cup, then I think it's fair to say we should disengage, yes?

If you are going to ignore the circumstances of the situation, then yes we should disengage from discussing it. And as for your Man Utd over Sheff Wed point - the quality of the opposition is not the issue - the occasion itself is the issue and I trust everyone that goes relishes every minute of it.  I would be wholly grateful if I could go to this match on Saturday (I can't, obviously, due to travel issues) regardless if it was Man Utd or Tiddly Winks Utd. 

It's about us, not whatever opposition turns up to play us...actually it's more than that - it's a huge step towards getting supporters back in to see football and I think that should be the main point, not whether a ticket is 20/25/30 pounds.  

Chelsea £75 believed PL limited prices to £30.  £30 charged last season in PL prices in Champs 2018/9 few matches cost more than £30.

I would happily pay the going rate if I would be prepared to attend but not while Covid still here.