On 30/11/2020 at 11:23, Hairy Canary said:

This season nobody is a season ticket holder (the Direct Debit money we are paying is for next season) so we are all in effect casual

I knew i had read it on this thread.

4 hours ago, Year of the tiger said:

By that reasoning, there are no members as the first half of the membership fee has been refunded. 

Hairy canary reckons there are no season ticket holders and we are all casuals this season.

2 hours ago, chicken said:

You haven't.

Oh yes i have. Hairy canary says we are all casuals this season.

On 30/11/2020 at 13:55, hogesar said:

You're not a season ticket holder this season, though. Nobody is. Instead we now have a stadium with a capacity of 2,000 and a very different pricing model to suit and make it financially viable. You're also, unbelievably, not forced to go.

So hogesar reckons we are not season ticket holders either.

Edited by TIL 1010

I honestly don’t think this could be any more reasonable. At all. I think the club charging not a great deal more for a ticket is very commendable and decent of them. I’m pretty confident that had they have stuck them at £50 then those blessed with a little more free cash would easily make up the 2000 desperate to get back to our place of worship, so they could have taken advantage there. It’s a pleasure just to have the opportunity to be able to get to a game at the end of the day! - these last 8 months should have taught each and every one of us that such pleasures in life shouldn’t be taken for granted.

I think the idea that it should be cheaper as alluded to in a post earlier because you can’t get a beer.... I mean, REALLY? Is that why people go to a game, is that what’s important? I don’t get that at all, but each to their own. It certainly doesn’t warrant a discount, that’s for sure. It’s 1hr 45mins where the focus is being part of a small group actually getting the tremendous privilege of seeing the team they love for just £30! A beer should be the least of anyone’s concerns, but I’ll come on to why a beer won’t be an option in a moment (as it’s doesn’t appear to have been worked out). 

It’s not like any individual can hog the tickets week in week out anyway, so nobody has a gun to their head forced into paying those prices which in the scheme of things can only be treated as a special treat. You will pay a one off fee of £30 for the privilege of going, then rightfully the next game it will be other supporters chance. Season ticket holders, who at their own FREE WILL, turned down the refund option really have got a wonderful deal - free iFollow for home games plus a good chance of a season ticket in the Premier League next season (all being well!). And let’s not forget, next season ticket prices I suspect will see a hike of sorts due to Covid alone! For the rest of us, we have to pay £10 pretty much every single game just to watch it online, plus next season we will still have to pay for the games we can get back home or away for! Be bloody grateful I say! Naughty Delia and the club really couldn’t have looked after you better!

P.s for those that haven’t cottoned on yet why beer won’t be available - this means that they will have to serve substantial meals with each beer order they sell before the game, not to mention halftime! So A.) That will mean longer queues in just the South Stand where there won’t be the space to socially distance, and B.) you would only realistically get to have a single beer anyway, even if they could provide a substantial meal with it rather than just a pie or hotdog anyway. The club will be losing a lot of revenue there too, let’s not forget that detail either.

A very privileged opportunity I say, and I hope everyone who is blessed to be able to go on Saturday has a great time watching the Sheff Weds game!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

2:15pm and I can still get a ticket. Interesting...

Admittedly I am surprised tickets are still available, If they dont sell out maybe the club has got it wrong but I still believe they will sell out

I have got mine x2

4 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

Interestingly, I just checked and there are still plenty of tickets available. Not quite selling like the hot-cakes you'd expect if the majority view on this thread was anything to go by.

If it even gets to general sale and those that already pay £10 a pop for iFollow, for £10 or £20 extra, it will sell out, make no mistake.

8 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

If it even gets to general sale and those that already pay £10 a pop for iFollow, for £10 or £20 extra, it will sell out, make no mistake.

It will always sell out. I'm just surprised that here we are at quarter to five and it hasn't sold out, when in some FA Cup games 20,000 + tickets are sold in half an hour.

3 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

It will always sell out. I'm just surprised that here we are at quarter to five and it hasn't sold out, when in some FA Cup games 20,000 + tickets are sold in half an hour.

Hear what you’re saying, but I would think it’s because right now it’s only open to season ticket holders who already have the game free on iFollow so couple that with a percentage of the more elderly supporters who have reservations about interacting so soon whilst Covids still about, makes me think that once it opens up for general sale then it’ll sell out quite quickly then. How many have been sold so far out of interest? 

7 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Hear what you’re saying, but I would think it’s because right now it’s only open to season ticket holders who already have the game free on iFollow so couple that with a percentage of the more elderly supporters who have reservations about interacting so soon whilst Covids still about, makes me think that once it opens up for general sale then it’ll sell out quite quickly then. How many have been sold so far out of interest? 

I checked a few sections a short time ago and there no pairs available. 

3 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Almost all I think, you can only get a single seat in one particular block when I tried, so it's possible there is literally only one left, or just a handful of single seats.

I personally think more people are put off by the £30 price than is realised. I'd have been refreshing my browser at 9am if they were charging £20 and I suspect, given how they've only sold at a trickle today, many more are of the same mind.

Also, it could well be that quite a few of the 20,000 or so season ticket holders asked for their money back, I know of two people who have done that in my own little circle, so it could be a few thousand fewer than 20,000 able to purchase today. And of the remaining season ticket holders, taking 8 hours to sell only 2,000 tickets does not suggest a huge level of enthusiasm. And I'd wager the price has something to do with that.

Not that it matters how long it takes to sell out, they were always going to, but I wouldn't be surprised if those that are willing to go and spend £30 for the privilege get to go to 1 in every 3 games

35 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Almost all I think, you can only get a single seat in one particular block when I tried, so it's possible there is literally only one left, or just a handful of single seats.

I personally think more people are put off by the £30 price than is realised. I'd have been refreshing my browser at 9am if they were charging £20 and I suspect, given how they've only sold at a trickle today, many more are of the same mind.

Also, it could well be that quite a few of the 20,000 or so season ticket holders asked for their money back, I know of two people who have done that in my own little circle, so it could be a few thousand fewer than 20,000 able to purchase today. And of the remaining season ticket holders, taking 8 hours to sell only 2,000 tickets does not suggest a huge level of enthusiasm. And I'd wager the price has something to do with that.

Not that it matters how long it takes to sell out, they were always going to, but I wouldn't be surprised if those that are willing to go and spend £30 for the privilege get to go to 1 in every 3 games

Interesting, thanks for that Dan, I was getting the impression they’d hardly sold any but clearly that’s not actually the case at all! To be fair, it’s still 20 or 30 quid on top of being able to watch the game free on iFollow so I would assume that because today it was only open to those with free access to the match, then most will take the streaming option which is fair enough - nice bonus from the club. Had they have only sold a 100 today, you can bet they’d still have had plenty of demand tomorrow from all the other supporters that already pay £10 per game on iFollow - for those people then it’s only another £10 or £20 on top of what they would have had to pay via the streaming service so is very worthwhile. As it’s basically sold out, mission accomplished, and shows that the public want to see their team again!

This isn’t for me but checked out of interest just now and there are pairs available in Block H.

At £30 a pop and with all the faffing about involved in attending not too surprising they’re not flying off the shelves. Season ticket holders average age is quite high and with a vaccine in the pipeline these early matches look bound to end up on general sale.

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Depends how you look at it, in theory no, there are no season ticket holders this season. You would know better than I but essentially by agreeing not to ask for a refund then you’ve agreed to pay up front for a future season ticket with the reward being free home iFollow for 20/21. Those that agreed to that have been offered the tickets today in ‘name’ - just the clubs way of making it easier and simplifying who is eligible to apply for tickets first, that’s all.

So technically, no season ticket holders this season - or ‘casuals’, whatever that means. In boxing terms, that means someone who only turns up for the big name PPV fights, and shows no interest in boxing at any other time...

9 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

This isn’t for me but checked out of interest just now and there are pairs available in Block H.

At £30 a pop and with all the faffing about involved in attending not too surprising they’re not flying off the shelves. Season ticket holders average age is quite high and with a vaccine in the pipeline these early matches look bound to end up on general sale.

In the politest possible way, I totally agree here about the age factor. I do think we have a higher than average amount of pensioners (not a criticism before somebody takes it the wrong way) that go to the games at Carrow Rd compared to some clubs, so you have to factor in the whole Covid thing and have to say that will play it’s part for sure. The away games tend to have a ‘younger’ crowd if you like, but then they’re having to catch up with all the old seasoned supporters that have been there, done that, and got the t-shirt 😉

3 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

In this situation, that is correct. The pertinent point being, of course, that you're only paying for next seasons ticket by choice, and could have opted out. This season, youre still enjoying the benefit of free iFollow access, which is a cost to the club. 

Thus people complaining about the ticket prices are being a bit dim. Youre not going to get them at season ticket prices because you're not paying for a season ticket right now and are already getting a benefit for something you're not paying for.

I would have thought we have sold tickets for away games in the past much faster than we have sold these 2000.

I'm not necessarily put off by the cost, I just can't be arsed tbh. I think the trouble is I've got very used to not going and again, tbh, I'm not really missing it. Really not bothered amount sitting there for about 3 hours total in the cold with limited amenities in a virtually empty ground. And of course I can watch it on iFollow for nothing.

The sooner the full match experience is available the better and for now I'm happy to be classed as a plastic.

22 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I would have thought we have sold tickets for away games in the past much faster than we have sold these 2000.

I'm not necessarily put off by the cost, I just can't be arsed tbh. I think the trouble is I've got very used to not going and again, tbh, I'm not really missing it. Really not bothered amount sitting there for about 3 hours total in the cold with limited amenities in a virtually empty ground. And of course I can watch it on iFollow for nothing.

The sooner the full match experience is available the better and for now I'm happy to be classed as a plastic.

If we’re totally honest I think a lot of us feel the same and I wouldn’t call you a plastic at all.

Like you it’s not so much the money but I won’t use public transport unless absolutely necessary or cafes/restaurants. So it would mean a 2 hour drive each way, no beer, a dodgy burger or meal deal from Morrison’s and rocking up 90 mins before KO instead of enjoying a meal and a couple of pre-match pints in a nice warm pub as we did pre-Covid.

The atmosphere with so few spectators would also be poor with no built-in body warmers normally enjoyed from a full house.

Quite easy to pass on this.

Edited by ......and Smith must score.
  • Like 1

I phoned at 1.30. Number 18 in the queue. Waited 45 minutes by which time I was 8th in the queue. Got cut off. Not surprised they haven't sold out🙄

Edited by dylanisabaddog

3 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Oh yes i have. Hairy canary says we are all casuals this season.

Three quotes on the same point! I actually said we were "in effect" casuals.

Fair enough you disagree, I can accept that. 

4 minutes ago, Hairy Canary said:

Three quotes on the same point! I actually said we were "in effect" casuals.

Fair enough you disagree, I can accept that. 

Yep, no other club has season ticket holders this season either, so we’re not exclusive. That term ‘casuals’ that I think was used by Tilly, with the greatest of respect to him, and apologies if he didn’t first use it on this thread first, but I really don’t like that term at all. I’m sure he didn’t mean it in this sense, just I find it a bit ‘looking down the nose’, as if those that have the benefit of still living around Norfolk, and therefore can justify a season ticket with ease just by sheer logistical reasons, are a better or superior supporter than those that by no fault of their own are unable to own a season ticket. There are many Norwich supporters around the world who are absolutely MAD for our club, and love NCFC just as much as any other supporter. They are not ‘casual’ in their unwavering support. There are many ways to support the club rather than just attending every game such as purchasing items through the club shop. So nobodies an ‘elite’ or ‘better’ supporter based on circumstance. I’m not a lesser supporter myself than the days when I was privileged to have a season ticket. In fact, having been on both sides of the fence, I have the greatest respect to those that will travel distances independently to a few games each season - trust me, that’s far tougher and far more expensive than just toddling down to FCR - that’s real commitment. So in my eyes - other than the folk that only remember they support City when we’re playing Liverpool, we’re all diehards - especially all of us that have such passion for the club that we’re on here pretty much day in day out agreeing and disagreeing with our fellow supporters. If anything, Pink’un posters are the real diehards!

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

In this situation, that is correct. The pertinent point being, of course, that you're only paying for next seasons ticket by choice, and could have opted out. This season, youre still enjoying the benefit of free iFollow access, which is a cost to the club. 

Thus people complaining about the ticket prices are being a bit dim. Youre not going to get them at season ticket prices because you're not paying for a season ticket right now and are already getting a benefit for something you're not paying for.

When the club website says "tickets now available to purchase for season ticket holders" and you say there are no season ticket holders, to whom are the tickets available? 

Did you say something about people being a bit dim? 

1 hour ago, Alex Moss said:

Yep, no other club has season ticket holders this season either, so we’re not exclusive. That term ‘casuals’ that I think was used by Tilly, with the greatest of respect to him, and apologies if he didn’t first use it on this thread first, but I really don’t like that term at all. I’m sure he didn’t mean it in this sense, just I find it a bit ‘looking down the nose’, as if those that have the benefit of still living around Norfolk, and therefore can justify a season ticket with ease just by sheer logistical reasons, are a better or superior supporter than those that by no fault of their own are unable to own a season ticket. There are many Norwich supporters around the world who are absolutely MAD for our club, and love NCFC just as much as any other supporter. They are not ‘casual’ in their unwavering support. There are many ways to support the club rather than just attending every game such as purchasing items through the club shop. So nobodies an ‘elite’ or ‘better’ supporter based on circumstance. I’m not a lesser supporter myself than the days when I was privileged to have a season ticket. In fact, having been on both sides of the fence, I have the greatest respect to those that will travel distances independently to a few games each season - trust me, that’s far tougher and far more expensive than just toddling down to FCR - that’s real commitment. So in my eyes - other than the folk that only remember they support City when we’re playing Liverpool, we’re all diehards - especially all of us that have such passion for the club that we’re on here pretty much day in day out agreeing and disagreeing with our fellow supporters. If anything, Pink’un posters are the real diehards!

Point of order Alex but it was Hairy who used the word ' casuals ' and i quoted him.

30 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

When the club website says "tickets now available to purchase for season ticket holders" and you say there are no season ticket holders, to whom are the tickets available? 

Did you say something about people being a bit dim? 

I thought I'd addressed it above but if you need it rephrasing or spelling out for you I guess I'll oblige.

Because you're not paying for your season ticket this season (in fact, you're being given something for free in iFollow at the moment) you don't have the entitlements of a season ticket holder to therefore expect to pay season ticket prices.

1 hour ago, Alex Moss said:

other than the folk that only remember they support City when we’re playing Liverpool,

Apart from the three ST holders a few rows in front of me in the upper River End. They decided to sell their tickets to local liverpool plastics fans when we last played them at CR (they stayed very quiet to be fair).

41 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I thought I'd addressed it above but if you need it rephrasing or spelling out for you I guess I'll oblige.

Because you're not paying for your season ticket this season (in fact, you're being given something for free in iFollow at the moment) you don't have the entitlements of a season ticket holder to therefore expect to pay season ticket prices.

"You're not a season ticket holder though. No one is."

The club disagree, clearly. And I guess as the issuer of said season tickets, they are the authority, not hogesar from the Pinkun Forums. 

Edited by canarydan23