A Load of Squit

New Tory Leader

2 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

Possible. I'd suggest that his mate and ex-director of communications Lee Cain is probably involved somehow as well. 

Given how aggressive the likes of BBC and Sky are being without fear of reprisal, it feels like the king makers behind Johnson have given up on him, and are prepared to watch him fall off the cliff.

Very good point. It is easy to forget that it wasn't just Cummings that got the boot or left.

38 minutes ago, Herman said:

The sieve has got to be Cummings, surely??

Definitely, yes and as above Cain

Edited by Van wink
Ice cream snows contribution

34 minutes ago, Herman said:

The sieve has got to be Cummings, surely??

....  great big colander I reckon, certainly worse than the Newcastle defence.

Still believe we will hear more from the Accuri affair - the IT lessons. I also believe it won't actually be politics that will do for Johnson.

What a complete mess this government is.

Entirely deserved mess as well. And I'm loving it.😀

On the side of revenge we've got Cummings, Cain (and I'm sure there was a third one that got the heave-ho.)

On the side of Macciavelli we've got Truss, Gove and Sunak. (Probably many more.)

59 minutes ago, Herman said:

Entirely deserved mess as well. And I'm loving it.😀

On the side of revenge we've got Cummings, Cain (and I'm sure there was a third one that got the heave-ho.)

On the side of Macciavelli we've got Truss, Gove and Sunak. (Probably many more.)

Liz Truss is to Machiavelli what Boris Johnson is to succinctly answering a question.

1 hour ago, Icecream Snow said:

Liz Truss is to Machiavelli what Boris Johnson is to succinctly answering a question.

You wouldn't own up to being third then😁

18 minutes ago, Well b back said:

In that garden photo, Carrie was there. What is her job that she would be in business meetings ?

Quite WBB. It was reported that she may well have been behind some changes to his cabinet.

More to the point, who took the photo? The conjecture is that it was taken from the balcony of No.11.

IMG_20211219_231259.jpg

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, Well b back said:

In that garden photo, Carrie was there. What is her job that she would be in business meetings ?

Every other PM's spouse was known but not known as an influencer. But Carrie seems the to be the new Nancy Reagan.

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

Every other PM's spouse was known but not known as an influencer. But Carrie seems the to be the new Nancy Reagan.

Let them eat cake, but preferably in the garden to avoid crumbs on the carpets.

• Like 1

It is obviously now a 'typical' evening social and work gathering without any obvious distancing by those who didn't think the rules applied to them - and sadly never will.

1 minute ago, Yellow Fever said:

It is obviously now a 'typical' evening social and work gathering without any obvious distancing by those who didn't think the rules applied to them - and sadly never will.

Must have been a bring your family to work day.

6 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

A kind of eat out to help out?

Whatever, this kind of tweet (there are very many people needing to share their feelings it seems like) is hard hitting, to say the least.  In fact, it is very sad and poignant all in one.

Edited by sonyc

18 minutes ago, sonyc said:

A kind of eat out to help out?

Whatever, this kind of tweet (there are very many people needing to share their feelings it seems like) is hard hitting, to say the least.  In fact, it is very sad and poignant all in one.

And at 2pm they were making a tiktok dance video. 

20 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

And at 2pm they were making a tiktok dance video. 

The Danse Macabre perhaps?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

Let them eat cake, but preferably in the garden to avoid crumbs on the carpets.

Boris likes Birthday cake. Especially the Peppa Pig one.

• Haha 2

Cabinet meeting at 2pm. So we should have a much clearer idea about possible pre-Christmas restrictions by around 3pm.

4ish if they break for mojitos.

On 18/12/2021 at 21:16, Rock The Boat said:

Prior to Covid, Johnson got Brexit done and won a 80-seat landslide majority in Parliament so up to that point he was doing very well. It all fell apart when Covid arrived, and he lost control ever since.

No one will challenge him just yet because Omicron is such a liability. Challengers will wait until early spring, so he has until May to turn it around, but I think it is too far gone for him to recover. Somebody (Cummings?) is drip-feeding inside stuff to the media to try and take him down.

If Brexit is "done" why is Truss doing this?

https://twitter.com/trussliz/status/1472953636510744583?t=r3wp_tnIDyCOgfKqTlcaHg&s=19

"Look forward to speaking to @MarosSefcovic tomorrow about the Northern Ireland Protocol. 

I want a comprehensive solution that delivers for the people of Northern Ireland and everyone across our great country."

Edited by kirku

2 hours ago, kirku said:

If Brexit is "done" why is Truss doing this?

https://twitter.com/trussliz/status/1472953636510744583?t=r3wp_tnIDyCOgfKqTlcaHg&s=19

"Look forward to speaking to @MarosSefcovic tomorrow about the Northern Ireland Protocol. 

I want a comprehensive solution that delivers for the people of Northern Ireland and everyone across our great country."

It was clear that the supposed cave-in by Johnson and Frost, dropping their absurd anti-ECJ demand, was only a temporary move, prompted by the covid and sleaze chaos, and that they would want to get back to it eventually.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

Apologies for the rudeness of this post.

No. 8 in the itunes chart is interesting, haven't heard it on the radio.

http://www.itunescharts.net/uk/charts/songs/2021/12/19

8The Kunts - Boris Johnson is STILL a ****ing C**t

They had a top 5 single in the Christmas Chart last year called “Boris Johnson is a fúcking cúnt”. Radio 1 only described the song in the chart rundown and didn’t play it. They didn’t play that and won’t play this either.

It was recorded during lockdown in a shed and there was a campaign to get it to No.1. This was done by playing the song on streaming repeat and buying the song.

Looks like they now have a follow up single to this.

Edited by KernowCanary

2 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

It was clear that the supposed cave-in by Johnson and Frost, dropping their absurd anti-ECJ demand, was only a temporary move, prompted by the covid and sleaze chaos, and that they would want to get back to it eventually.

Truss is electioneering to the Tory membership because they are polling at 31%.

I do think Boris needs to go for the conservatives to stand a chance of being the next government, but there's a Tory overreaction tbh. As much as I don't like it, the current polling position is mainly Tory dont knows, who if there was an election tomorrow would probably split 90/10 Conservative. Another election is a long way away and Johnson has a majority across Parliament on the one issue he would lose his own backbench over.

Now if those Tory voters stary moving into the vote Labour or Lib Dem camp then they are in big trouble. Reform would be almost as bad. 

The one thing I would say is that I expect the political map at the next election to be once again redrawn. I don't think Labour will storm the red Wall seats and take them back on mass. I do expect them to continue to make big strides in the suburbs of the big cities and possibly win the battleground market towns. Seats that were always well out of Labours reach in greater London will be at risk as shire seats to the lib dems.

I really think next elections map maybe unrecognisable by contrast to say '92.

Edited by 1902

13 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Not sure you could make that inference from this tweet @PurpleCanary, my friend. This gnarly problem is not resolvable by the Tory government because it requires a compromise the EU cannot make on the ECJ. One possible outcome is a trade war that in the teeth of the pandemic and the coming cost of living crisis would mean the Tories lose even more support. A deal would lead to another revolt possibly fatal for Johnson's leadership. The only achievable "solution" for them is to kick the can down the road and that does require "acceptance" of the ECJ "for the moment".

57 minutes ago, BigFish said:

Not sure you could make that inference from this tweet @PurpleCanary, my friend. This gnarly problem is not resolvable by the Tory government because it requires a compromise the EU cannot make on the ECJ. One possible outcome is a trade war that in the teeth of the pandemic and the coming cost of living crisis would mean the Tories lose even more support. A deal would lead to another revolt possibly fatal for Johnson's leadership. The only achievable "solution" for them is to kick the can down the road and that does require "acceptance" of the ECJ "for the moment".

I would draw a distinction between getting back to it in  the sense of Truss wanting - indeed needing - to make it look like she is doing something to get a new deal out of the EU and actually getting such a new deal.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BigFish said:

One for @ricardo, we knpw he likes the real world.....

That would put Labour on 317 seats. The Tories would lose 133 seats, and be on 232 seats. Perhaps Ricardo would like to tell us his thoughts on the Downing Street parties. Whether they are having any effect.

https://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/fcgi-bin/usercode.py?scotcontrol=Y&CON=31&LAB=39&LIB=13&Reform=5&Green=5&UKIP=&TVCON=&TVLAB=&TVLIB=&TVReform=&TVGreen=&TVUKIP=&SCOTCON=20.5&SCOTLAB=19&SCOTLIB=6.5&SCOTReform=1&SCOTGreen=1.5&SCOTUKIP=&SCOTNAT=48&display=AllChanged&regorseat=(none)&boundary=2019base