Our dried voices, when
    We whisper together
    Are quiet and meaningless
    As wind in dry grass
    Or rats' feet over broken glass
    In our dry cellar

• Like 2

On 18/11/2021 at 19:06, PurpleCanary said:

Carrie Antoinette of all people should have known what she was getting with Boris. He lets everybody down, sooner or later. If she thought she could change him she is stupider than I had imagined.

A quiet Sunday, so i thought I'd bump this post back up. No particular reason.🤓

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Herman said:

You're enjoying this particular downfall, aren't you Purple?! For shame.🤣

I know, I know. One should be above such petty point-scoring, but as dear, dear Oscar might have said:

“One must have a heart of stone to read of the collapse of Boris Johnson without laughing.”

• Haha 1

It followed an incident in which a car collided with a lamppost at Church Road in Llanblethian, Vale of Glamorgan, on Sunday 28 November at 01:10 GMT.

I expect it was a Labour lamppost that was playing politics. Look, the people of Britain are not interested in what goes on in the Bridgend bubble, they want vaccines.

Vaccines.

What a chuffing mess, all the protagonists who took us to this mess by their constant lies, have all made bucket loads of money and one by one falling by the wayside!

Who the hell will sort out our economic messes after this totally inept government goes and hopefully those with Brexit views will see that the days of standing alone thinking we still have some empirical attraction to the world as a massive trade partner see the error of their views.

We need to accept we need help with our working market and open up free movement again to get farming and other industries on an even keel as it’s certainly clear our own population won’t get off there arses to do these jobs and get back some form of free trade agreements with our EU partners before our economy really starts to suffer, a Norway type of deal would be very beneficial to start with.

Edited by Indy
  • Like 1

On 17/12/2021 at 19:21, keelansgrandad said:

My constituency is Tory at the moment with George Useless Eustice, the MP. It has been fairly equally Labour and Conservative over the years with one intervention by the LibDems.

So there is no reason why the current Labour policies won't be accepted by the voters. There was absolutely no way they would accept the out of town art school hippie we were lumbered with in 2019 so the Tories do have a large majority. But up until then since 2010 the vote has been very close. Just over 60 votes  at one election.

So there is a good possibility that a decent local candidate could get Labour back in front.

Interesting how completly politically inept Corbyn's Labour was. Outside the left wing cult the man himself repelled the traditional core vote, as did many of the candidates selected in a hurry because he voted for an election that could only be lost and lost heavily.

You may not like Starmer @keelansgrandad but his softly softy catchee monkey approach was slowly pulling Johnson in before the inevitable implosion. To mix metaphors he doesn't frighten the horses so it is now ok to vote tactically, to vote LibDem because there is a safe alternative.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, RobJames said:

Thursday was just the beginning of a Tory civil war. One that stretches way back. And is set to stretch way into the future.

The RWNJs will be claiming that Johnsons downfall is due to the party not being 'Conservative 'enough. Whereas the moderates.will counter that it is the very lunacy of the RWNJs who are putting voters off.  Meanwhile the face of both of them is an idle, incompetent liar. A man who tried to wing it at a speech to the CBI and who made child like videos on the theme of Build Back Better.

Johnson did not understand how these antics were tolerated, not supported, as folk felt he could get things done. However, like so much in his past it was all built on false promises. There was no oven ready deal. No health care deal. No track and trace. Just a shambles. A hapless figure filling his boots. While the bodies piled up high in the streets.  And too lazy or weak to stop others from doing the same. It has been building towards this endgame for years. Expect there to be more revelations and more splits.

Dorries must either be the thickest person on earth or the biggest snivelling creep of all time.

WhatsApp group of Conservatives have blackballed her for calling Boris a hero. Steve Baker to oust her and saying Enough is Enough

17 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Dorries must either be the thickest person on earth or the biggest snivelling creep of all time.

WhatsApp group of Conservatives have blackballed her for calling Boris a hero. Steve Baker to oust her and saying Enough is Enough

Why not? It worked before. Surely the British people are dumb enough to believe the second time around.

If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people ...

22 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Those two possibilities are not mutually exclusive...........😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Any idea what the season finale will be ?

Hmmm, I don't think Carrie can technically throw him out so that one is out.

4 hours ago, Indy said:

hopefully those with Brexit views will see that the days of standing alone thinking we still have some empirical attraction to the world

There are one or two on this forum who are Brexiters, who are very intelligent posters and only when I see from them that perhaps Brexit has not been a good thing will I believe that there is more hope. They will represent the views of many other Brexit voters (except for the stranger hard-line  ones - the ERG type ideologists).

I fear we have a lot of really bad news to filter through to the economy yet directly because of Brexit... in agriculture for starters.

The best hope I reckon is that we get an administration that develops a much more cooperative approach with the EU. We need a new PM and cabinet to achieve that. 

It will have to get worse before it gets better. People are showing signs though that they are waking up from their sleep. Hence the North Shropshire type result. But it is only one result and as yet may be just an outlier. I really hope not.

2 hours ago, RobJames said:

Why not? It worked before. Surely the British people are dumb enough to believe the second time around.

If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people ...

Presumably Horsefly is hibernating under a flowerpot.

Edited by Van wink

2 hours ago, sonyc said:

John Harris with his usual ability to put his finger on the pulse.

Apologies in advance - he is someone I believe has a real heart for people which shines through in his journalism.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/dec/19/fatal-weakness-conservatives-not-seeing-kindness-boris-johnson-tories?

👍 Thanks for that. A good read from a very good writer. It shows that he is willing to get out of the Fleet Street bubble, not relying on half-arsed vox-pops and getting out amongst people of all sorts.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

So the idiot Truss takes over from Frosty 😂😂

Hopefully tomorrow's headline will be - 'Useless t*sser appoints useless t*sser to replace another useless t*sser' 😊

Maybe she's a great choice, she already has plenty of experience in caving in during negotiations, especially with Australia.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

It followed an incident in which a car collided with a lamppost at Church Road in Llanblethian, Vale of Glamorgan, on Sunday 28 November at 01:10 GMT.

I expect it was a Labour lamppost that was playing politics. Look, the people of Britain are not interested in what goes on in the Bridgend bubble, they want vaccines.

Vaccines.

A by-election in a narrow conservative majority seat in South Wales won’t be on BJ’s list to Santa

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Van wink said:

A by-election in a narrow conservative majority seat in South Wales won’t be on BJ’s list to Santa

I don't think it will trigger a by-election, more likely higher expenses claims from this MP who won't be able to drive himself. 

14 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

I don't think it will trigger a by-election, more likely higher expenses claims from this MP who won't be able to drive himself. 

Maybe take the advice of Norman

34 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

Sounds like the Allegra Stratton tapes have more to offer *munches popcorn* 😂

The sieve has got to be Cummings, surely??

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Herman said:

You'd think so definitely - must admit that when Cummings talked to the Select Committee although what he said was pretty damning and despite it being Cummings quite believable because it chimed with what we already knew from other sources, it was nevertheless a little disappointing that he didn't back it up with some unequivocal proofs which he undoubtedly has.

But as things have turned out it has been quite entertaining watching the steady drip, drip of poison and probably far more damaging to Johnson that if it had all come out at once, so let's hope it continues. Don't think that Johnson will survive in the job much longer, but ironically it seems that the fact that he has created such an unholy mess with every issue he's touched is actually keeping him in the job - none of his potential challengers, think though they may be, are stupid enough to want to take over right now. Surely they will will try and wait in the hope that ting calm down a little before they make a move?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Herman said:

Possible. I'd suggest that his mate and ex-director of communications Lee Cain is probably involved somehow as well. 

Given how aggressive the likes of BBC and Sky are being without fear of reprisal, it feels like the king makers behind Johnson have given up on him, and are prepared to watch him fall off the cliff.

52 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

I would depend on hoe far over the limit he was. Enough to warrant a suspended prison sentence. And a recall petition would be raised. I cannot see that not garnering enough votes in the present climate.