A Load of Squit

New Tory Leader

Predictions for tonight. Narrow win for tories. Johnson will claim a brilliant victory although they have just lost a massive majority.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Herman said:

Predictions for tonight. Narrow win for tories. Johnson will claim a brilliant victory although they have just lost a massive majority.

Massive fall in turnout and a Tory majority in the low thousands. A very low Labour vote will promote a great deal of whataboutery from the Tories on how badly Stramer did.

For a bit of fun based on nothing much more than gut feeling how about this?

1. Turnout down from 67% to 33%
  2. Swing Con to Lib Dem 21%
  3. Swing Labour to Lib Dem 25%
  4. Majority fall from 22,949 to 2,812
  5. Con 14,178 (50.2%), LD 11,366 (40.2%), Labour 1,248 (4.4%), Green 850 (3.2%) Others 571 (2%)
  6. Johnson - "look at Labour, lost 17% of their vote and were nearly beaten by the Greens"
Edited by BigFish
Got my sums wrong
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Herman said:

I suspect that's actually Starmer's 'hope' hence the hard yards put in by Labour campaigning there.

He'd much rather have a badly wounded but easy target for ridicule Johnson in charge of the decaying Tories than let them get any new manager 'bounce'.

Edited by Yellow Fever

1 hour ago, BigFish said:

Massive fall in turnout and a Tory majority in the low thousands. A very low Labour vote will promote a great deal of whataboutery from the Tories on how badly Stramer did.

For a bit of fun based on nothing much more than gut feeling how about this?

1. Turnout down from 67% to 33%
  2. Swing Con to Lib Dem 21%
  3. Swing Labour to Lib Dem 25%
  4. Majority fall from 22,949 to 2,812
  5. Con 14,178 (50.2%), LD 11,366 (40.2%), Labour 1,248 (4.4%), Green 850 (3.2%) Others 571 (2%)
  6. Johnson - "look at Labour, lost 17% of their vote and were nearly beaten by the Greens"

Can you pm me the lottery numbers Nostrodamus?

Many thanks👍😉

4 hours ago, ricardo said:

Can you pm me the lottery numbers Nostrodamus?

Many thanks👍😉

As I said, just a bit of fun

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, BigFish said:

As I said, just a bit of fun

I do the lottry for fun but never win so surely losing shouldn't be fun should it?

My prediction is it will be close, as for numbers, who knows, depends on turnout.

I predict a Libdem win. Labour doing the best to keep Johnson as PM. He is boosting Labours electoral chances. Better than anything Starmer is doing. Whatever the result Ricardo will support Johnson. Swindo will produce evidence that Deform/Declaim actually won.

1 hour ago, RobJames said:

I predict a Libdem win. Labour doing the best to keep Johnson as PM. He is boosting Labours electoral chances. Better than anything Starmer is doing. Whatever the result Ricardo will support Johnson. Swindo will produce evidence that Deform/Declaim actually won.

Will father Christmas come early?

Is Johnson on his 'good boy ' list or not ?

5 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Rishi on his way back from California apparently.

been surfing with the Beach Boys.

I hope not for his sake. The only Beach Boy who did actually surf (Dennis Wilson) drowned...

21 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

That you use cartoons for your political education tells me all I need to know.

Not really, most people have known for years that all these political party leaders are the same as each other, even if Labour were in power we would probably still be getting the worse death figures in Western Europe per capita, only probably a bit less than they really are right now and better border sealing when a new variant arrives, unlike Boris’s piecemeal handling of the whole thing. 

South Park just took something that is so true in reality, then put a spin on it for the plot device of that episode.

11 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

I hope not for his sake. The only Beach Boy who did actually surf (Dennis Wilson) drowned...

What an album “Pacific Ocean Blue” is, but also makes me think of what a waste of a talent as well….. only 39.

Hoping all goes pear shaped for Boris tonight.

24 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Rishi on his way back from California apparently.

been surfing with the Beach Boys.

Johnson seen driving a truck load of pigeons around suspiciously. 

Johnson caught at another gathering. Shortly after announcing “You must obey the rules on social distancing and to enforce those rules we will increase the fines for the small minority who break them.” I wonder if our usual apologist will have anything to say. https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-lockdown-party-downing-street-b1977367.html

35 minutes ago, KernowCanary said:

Not really, most people have known for years that all these political party leaders are the same as each other, even if Labour were in power we would probably still be getting the worse death figures in Western Europe per capita, only probably a bit less than they really are right now and better border sealing when a new variant arrives, unlike Boris’s piecemeal handling of the whole thing. 

South Park just took something that is so true in reality, then put a spin on it for the plot device of that episode.

The high death rate is down to lack of PPE. Something caused by the Tories. There is also the no small matter of Johnson failing to lock down in time. Twice. To claim that all political leaders are the ame is just ignorant. They are not.

It’s not arrogant, when I said they’re the same I didn’t mean they are exactly the same, they’re simply not far off.

Poor PPE supply chains and locking down late Labour wouldn’t have dithered on however. It should have been by the time the first index case in York came to the public domain.

I always thought Boris loved locking us down and was always told not to be stupid, but after recent stories of parties with one he attended all while we followed the rules, it looks like I was right all along.

Edited by KernowCanary

5 minutes ago, KernowCanary said:

It’s not arrogant, when I said they’re the same I didn’t mean they are exactly the same, they’re simply not far off.

Poor PPE supply chains and locking down late Labour wouldn’t have dithered on however. It should have been by the time the first index case in York came to the public domain.

I always thought Boris loved locking us down and was always told not to be stupid, but after recent stories of parties with one he attended all while we followed the rules, it looks like I was right all along.

I suggest you read this https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/22/official-report-exercise-cygnus-uk-was-not-prepared-for-pandemic-is-published

The SARS outbreak in the years before had seen the Labour government fully stock the hospitals with PPE. During the following decade the Tories ran those stocks down to virtually nil (as above). As to all being the same. That is as confusing as your final paragraph is inaccurate.

17 minutes ago, ricardo said:

JUST IN: Senior Tories think they have lost North Shropshire.

Hopes of a strongish Labour showing splitting the anti-Tory votes have evaporated, sources say.

Usual caveats of expectation management etc but those I've spoken to sound like someone has pissed on their chips.

https://twitter.com/MrHarryCole/status/1471542007961198598

Even though it's is news that I really like I still can't believe a word that Harry Cole says.

3 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Wouldn't it be Nice

"i'm pickin up high inflation

he's givin us high inflation

high, high, high, high inflationnnnnnn🎵🎵

• Like 1

It's a bit of a dilemma for progressives. If the Tories win. Then there is more chance of Johnson remaining. No one can do Labours long term position more good than Johnson. A one-man wrecking ball.

5 minutes ago, RobJames said:

It's a bit of a dilemma for progressives. If the Tories win. Then there is more chance of Johnson remaining. No one can do Labours long term position more good than Johnson. A one-man wrecking ball.

Take the high ground. What's best for the country - Johnson gone ASAP.  Good vibrations...

Edited by Yellow Fever

13 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

I suspect that's actually Starmer's 'hope' hence the hard yards put in by Labour campaigning there.

He'd much rather have a badly wounded but easy target for ridicule Johnson in charge of the decaying Tories than let them get any new manager 'bounce'.

Recent reports suggest it will be tory voter apathy that will help rather than Labour voter's switching. But likely not enough.

Well massive slap to Bumbling Boris, big swing to Lib Dem and the start of the end for the man who will forever be known as the biggest liar in British politics.

Edited by Indy
  • Haha 1

Clucking bell, that's swung more than Glenn Miller.🤣👏

Norman Tebbit, Owen Patterson, Steve Baker, Harold Shipman, Genghis Khan, Atilla The Hun, Vlad The Impaler, Yorkshire Ripper. MARGARET THATCHER. Your boy took one hell of a beating.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Herman said:

Clucking bell, that's swung more than Glenn Miller.🤣👏

Norman Tebbit, Owen Patterson, Steve Baker, Harold Shipman, Genghis Khan, Atilla The Hun, Vlad The Impaler, Yorkshire Ripper. MARGARET THATCHER. Your boy took one hell of a beating.

Trouble is Herman he and his mates have already done massive  damage to this country, it’ll take someone very special to rectify this. Hopefully we might get an early election while the country wakes up to train wreck that is this government. 

Edited by Indy
  • Like 2