A Load of Squit

New Tory Leader

Just now, Yellow Fever said:

Just think - if SKS wins the next election he could set up a 'Truth & Reconciliation' commission for Johnson and his friends....

or Nuremburg Trials

Looks like Gina Miller is setting up another party. I'm not sure who that'll help.

37 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Just think - if SKS wins the next election he could set up a 'Truth & Reconciliation' commission for Johnson and his friends....

Headed up by a Knight Companion perhaps, or maybe that would be more appropriate for KG's suggestion.

On 07/01/2022 at 19:04, Well b back said:

He has lol

A big stick of dynamite has landed again.

12 minutes ago, Herman said:

That must be the email Cummings was talking about, so guess that’s where it came from.

• Like 1

Here is the bbc take of events, definitely Cummings @Herman As he won’t deny it it normally means he is thinking up his next lie.

He seems to have a problem this time as his own colleagues are dobbing him in. Based on the email and the fact that ‘ witnesses ‘ are squawking how on earth can the enquiry say this didn’t happen, but then it’s just another lie.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59930733

• Thanks 2

Surely he cannot survive this one. The enquiry cannot overlook this one. And he has repeatedly lied.

And to think Boris, you sacked Cummings because of a nickname.

• Thanks 2

The Queen really should just dismiss him as per her role as Head of State. Ask Sunak to form a government or failing that Starmer. 

Seems like the Tories have done a deal with the devil 🤘 

40 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

The Queen really should just dismiss him as per her role as Head of State. Ask Sunak to form a government or failing that Starmer.

True enough, but then that is what she should have done over two years ago when he fed her a pack of lies in oder to porogue Parliament under false pretences.

But sadly, she didn't do it then so I doubt she will do it this time either. We don't actually have a Head of State in anything other than name. Our broken and dysfunctional system of governance has so many flaws that it's hard at times to sort the wheat from the chaff and say which are the really serious flaws - but even in our weird and antiquated system Head of State is still a crucial role and not having a functioning Head of State is a major issue - for citizens and voters anyway.

For the Government its a free pass to do whatever they like, however unconstitutional or illegal, as we see on an almost daily basis.

• Like 2

And now the end is near, and so we face the final curtain.

Difference as well this time is ‘ as they reckon ‘ we are near the end COVID game the time is right to use Boris as their fall guy for all the mistakes.

For those that laughed at Cummings I think you got that one wrong as well, he played his cards superbly, but I can’t believe he has dropped his major bomb yet.

34 minutes ago, Well b back said:

And now the end is near, and so we face the final curtain.

Difference as well this time is ‘ as they reckon ‘ we are near the end COVID game the time is right to use Boris as their fall guy for all the mistakes.

For those that laughed at Cummings I think you got that one wrong as well, he played his cards superbly, but I can’t believe he has dropped his major bomb yet.

He’s been at the last chance saloon for some time, presumably the more **** news that can be got out before he is got rid of the better for the Tories.

• Like 1

I'm just not sure how much of an effect this will have, are people who weren't bothered about the cheese and wine going to be bothered about this?

The polls have shifted since New Year as well, I haven't seen if this is just the natural process of Tory voters who were temporarily annoyed and who were always going to vote Tory moving from don't knows back to the conservative camp, or if Labours expected share has fallen. 

However either way it points to these events having a temporary impact with at least some swing voters.

Edited by 1902

The Conservatives clearly won't risk a General Election with Johnson in charge so now it's just a question of who and when. 

I had £20 on Hunt some time ago at 20/1 but Hugendhat at 30/1 maybe worth £1

Screenshot_20220111-064515_Chrome.jpg

1 minute ago, dylanisabaddog said:

The Conservatives clearly won't risk a General Election with Johnson in charge so now it's just a question of who and when. 

I had £20 on Hunt some time ago at 20/1 but Hugendhat at 30/1 maybe worth £1

I think your £20 on Hunt is very likely to turn out to be a wise investment.

4 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Yep, at least this one only rhymes with **** rather than being an actual ****, but there again there are many in the Health Service who would disagree.

• Like 1

I can't help but feel all and every current card carrying Conservative is now fully complicit in Johnson's duplicity.

All knew what he was like when they elected him. They sold their very rotten souls to the very devil for short term gain.

The excuse 'only following orders' no longer holds same as turning a blind eye. All guilty as charged.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Yep, at least this one only rhymes with **** rather than being an actual ****, but there again there are many in the Health Service who would disagree.

My 'rumour' or is it ITK in football speak of Hunt in the Health Service was that he started badly (as all politicians do with set ideologies) but 'could' be trained and got better as opposed to some others.. I'll leave that there. 

17 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

I can't help but feel all and every current card carrying Conservative is now fully complicit in Johnson's duplicity.

All knew what he was like when they elected him. They sold their very rotten souls to the very devil for short term gain.

The excuse 'only following orders' no longer holds same as turning a blind eye. All guilty as charged.

Just for clarification, are you including all those that voted for him too? 

1 hour ago, Herman said:

Only if they haven't already changed their mind.

Edited by Yellow Fever
  • Like 1

If I was SKS I would seriously be considering a formal vote of confidence in the government. Its a win win for Labour.

It would chain all the Tories together to dead weight Johnson as he then pulls them all down together.

Of course the better Tories might decide to do the honorable thing! Good for them if they do.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Van wink said:

There certainly are, and even a couple of years ago I would have been horrified myself at the prospect but given that anyone that has served in Johnson's cabinets over the last two and half years has a huge amount of unwanted baggage as well as the PM himself, that leaves Hunt not just as the least worst option but pretty much the only serious option.

Then there is also the rather odd electoral process the Tories have whereby the miniscule number of actual Tory party members take the final decision - without wishing to cast any aspersions on that undoubtedly fine body of men and women I somehow can't see them electing Sunak, who is the only realistic candidate from within the government, as leader 😄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yellow Fever said:

Only if they haven't already changed their mind.

They should be denied the vote

4 hours ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Hunt's ship has sailed, I would be very surprised if he makes in onto the ballot for the run off.

It is important to reflect that the next PM will not be elected by us the people. A rather odd collection of 361 people will select a shortlist of 2 and then a rather odder collection of around 100,000 will chose.

Likely to be one pragamtic choice and one emotional one, so Sunak/Hunt v a Brexiteer/lock down sceptic (Harper might be an outside bet/the reinvented Truss/Steve Baker!!!!!).

3 hours ago, Herman said:

Those who voted for him did so because 

a) he promised them Brexit 

b) he's funny

c) the alternative was too awful to seriously consider 

It feels to me that many of those people are now in denial over what they've done. They have got the Brexit they wanted but it hasn't gone well and neither has anything else for that matter. Sadly, it takes a special sort of person to admit they were wrong and his supporters are now collectively burying their heads in the sand. 

The problem that the Tories have is that (c) above no longer applies and MP's are now nervously looking at polls and considering the awful possibility that they may lose their jobs. That's why Johnson won't survive long. It has been noticeable that none of the big hitters was prepared to come out and support him this morning and someone I'd never heard of was sent to Sky to be mauled and humiliated by their reporter. 

At the moment I'm listening to Malcolm Fabricant on LBC. He's claiming this is a fuss about nothing. When you have to rely on a twit like him to speak for you then you're finished. Probably one of the most ridiculous and embarrassing political interviews I have ever heard. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, BigFish said:

Hunt's ship has sailed, I would be very surprised if he makes in onto the ballot for the run off.

It is important to reflect that the next PM will not be elected by us the people. A rather odd collection of 361 people will select a shortlist of 2 and then a rather odder collection of around 100,000 will chose.

Likely to be one pragamtic choice and one emotional one, so Sunak/Hunt v a Brexiteer/lock down sceptic (Harper might be an outside bet/the reinvented Truss/Steve Baker!!!!!).

I'm not so sure about that, he seems to have been positioning himself pretty carefully for the past 18 months and though it pains be to say it he probably has more credibility as a potential leader than anyone else in the Tory party that I can think of - except perhaps Sunak who as I said previously I don't think will win out through the rather bizzare system the Tories use to elect their leaders.

As you say yourself it is a system that could produce a very strange outcome, as indeed it did last time! But would be hilarious if  Truss or Baker or any of the other real nutters got it this time - would mean the current complete shambles continues for another two years (which it probably will anyway) but would be very entertaining and a huge boost to the opposition come election time.

13 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Those who voted for him did so because 

a) he promised them Brexit 

b) he's funny

c) the alternative was too awful to seriously consider 

It feels to me that many of those people are now in denial over what they've done. They have got the Brexit they wanted but it hasn't gone well and neither has anything else for that matter. Sadly, it takes a special sort of person to admit they were wrong and his supporters are now collectively burying their heads in the sand. 

The problem that the Tories have is that (c) above no longer applies and MP's are now nervously looking at polls and considering the awful possibility that they may lose their jobs. That's why Johnson won't survive long. It has been noticeable that none of the big hitters was prepared to come out and support him this morning and someone I'd never heard of was sent to Sky to be mauled and humiliated by their reporter. 

At the moment I'm listening to Malcolm Fabricant on LBC. He's claiming this is a fuss about nothing. When you have to rely on a twit like him to speak for you then you're finished. Probably one of the most ridiculous and embarrassing political interviews I have ever heard. 

Did you hear Radio 4 this lunchtime ?

Interviewed 3 local Tory party leaders - 2 absolute dim as ditchwater plonkers (Skegness and somewhere South - Maidenhead?) basically saying its all rubbish and let Johnson get on with it - file them under recycle - and 1 from Sunderland who I had respect for  - saying Johnson must go and was and very very angry.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Herman said:

As I have said before, I voted for him and always Tory until the last local elections.

No way would I vote Tory whilst he was the main man or if some of his close licks got the job.

Living northwards though I have to also say I would use a tactical vote if necessary to remove him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Van wink said:

They should be denied the vote

We're talking about Tory party members not the electorate duped or otherwise. The membership have to take personal responsibility for their dirty washing. The can always resign their membership in extremis. Jus saw WBB comment above. Repentent sinners can be forgiven 😉.

I still believe that the only reason he got the job and why they were successful in the election was Brexit.

I seriously believe that if they replace him, they will still win next time. 

So in some ways I want him to stay.

But I loathe the smug idiot so want him gone.