Sign in to follow this  
Felixfan

Scathing attack by Martin Samuel.

Martin Samuel is merely the Katie Hopkins of sports journalism. Talk window-licking drivel and see who bites. 

• Haha 1

I don't know why this article is being recycled. However, I do believe that at the time it was written that our club had lost respect in the eyes of neutrals. The lack of investment for the premier league,  the abysmal performances particularly after the restart, the naive or wilful refusal to adapt tactics and the banking of parachute payments as acceptable business bonuses rewarding mediocrity were low points in the history of this club. League football clubs are a family. All fans are entitled to an opinion on what is sporting and what is not. We have little to be proud of. Sorry.

The thought here is that little Norwich didn't abide by the 'rules'... didn't show their gratitude for being allowed to sit at the top table,

Their job is to spend money, so as to propagate the delusion that it is a level playing field and that all clubs have a chance to succeed,

Instead, like the little boy pointing to the Emperors new clothe, Citys was a voice that said it was a charade. an illusion. Three clubs will always be relegated, and unless you are a club who have an annual income of £100's of millions you will almost certainly be in the hat to be one of the three drawn out.

So instead of running up huge debts, that will at some point cripple your club financially, why not simply work with what you have got  at that point ?  With the knowledge that is not all you will ever have. That the rebuilding of the club is not going to be achieved by expending every resource now, when you know that at it's limited best you have little hope other than to cling on.

Those with knowledge of military history will know that the British withdrew most of its fighters from France in the spring of 1940 to be able to fight on their own terms weeks later - shame fatso wasn't there at the time to castigate the RAF, for their lack of competitiveness as they saw the losses that would continue as unsustainable.....for their survival.

And as with his fellow gutbucket Goring, I know who is going to be shown to have got it right.... and that's not Herry ****emarshall Martin

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, NCFCInnit said:

I don't know why this article is being recycled. However, I do believe that at the time it was written that our club had lost respect in the eyes of neutrals. The lack of investment for the premier league,  the abysmal performances particularly after the restart, the naive or wilful refusal to adapt tactics and the banking of parachute payments as acceptable business bonuses rewarding mediocrity were low points in the history of this club. League football clubs are a family. All fans are entitled to an opinion on what is sporting and what is not. We have little to be proud of. Sorry.

I think there is a bit of a perception among fans of other clubs that relegation was the planned for & accepted outcome from the word go. Trouser the cash and go again. I know very little about the inner workings of other clubs so perhaps this "loss of respect" is to a certain extent understandable. If there were 20 athletes competing in an Olympic track final, and one runner seemed to just be happy to be there and finish a distant 20th, you might think or speak in derogatory terms about their competitive attitude. 

I wonder though, if that same athlete used that exposure & experience to come back stronger 4 years later (Olympic analogy!), would the ends justify the means? We shall see!

We chose not to blow millions and saddle ourselves with wages on the likes of Naismith this time and instead invest in the training ground and academy

....and now fans of other clubs are crying foul over parachute payments and wondering how we've got money to sign 10 new faces?!?

Daily Mail UK’s largest selling newspaper 

Must be doing something right

4 minutes ago, daly said:

That explains your username!

8 hours ago, daly said:

It's dog-whistling to the ignorant, racist, anti-refugee, anti-deprived, anti-minority part of the population.

So yes, if that is success, they are doing something right.

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, Yorkshire Canary said:

Like most newspaper articles its todays chip papers forget and move on already there is a more positive feel about everything

How long has it been since they were allowed to use newspaper to wrap up our fish and chips? Political Correctness gone mad.

PS This your first post Yorkshire that I have read to the end. You may have excellent points and I might be 100% in agreement with you, but I find the single large paragraph too daunting, like a stream of consciousness or a page of Ulysses - albeit with punctuation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, daly said:

Depends if you mean financially 'right' or morally 'right'.

Financially, they're doing a great job of making thick people angry enough to buy their stupid paper.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, daly said:

Bit like me saying I am the finest swordsman in my household. Anyway I though the Sun had a bigger circulation, I know the Metro has but that is free...........

It has the highest circulation, just pipping the Sun. So that explains everything.

Everyone knows they pinch articles from other news outlets and rewrite them.

I doubt Samuels actually goes to matches. Just copies someone elses report.

The only respect I have for that rag is when they hounded the Stephen Lawrence killers.

To be criticised by the Daily Mail means you must be doing something right! 

It has a long history of assertively getting nearly everything wrong. Those of you who know your history will know about their militant criticism of the govt allowing Jews into the UK to escape Hitler. It has continued in this vein for decades.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jerrykerry said:

No idea who he is, but what an absolute tool

52% of the population know who he is but have yet to realise that he's an absolute tool

15 hours ago, NCFCInnit said:

Drivel.... we have an immense amount to be proud of.     We may have lost respect in the blinkered eyes of neutrals who, just like this idiot journo, has no idea what our club is about!    

We’ve tried to do it by developing a team, a philosophy, a club and giving opportunity.   Virtually everyone else  has to spend money to achieve!   That’s not sport.    Take our way everyday!   OTBC

3 hours ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

How long has it been since they were allowed to use newspaper to wrap up our fish and chips? Political Correctness gone mad.

PS This your first post Yorkshire that I have read to the end. You may have excellent points and I might be 100% in agreement with you, but I find the single large paragraph too daunting, like a stream of consciousness or a page of Ulysses - albeit with punctuation.

Does anyone else find themselves reading Yorkshire’s posts in Geoffrey Boycott’s voice (in my head, I’m only a little bit odd)?

This is what Talk Sport is based on . Clickbait. Nothing more , nothing less. Sadly someone will see the reaction on here and consider it a success of sorts? 

If you ever listen to talk sport drive (I would rather skid off the road ) the bloke on there says at the start of the show - “Arsenal . Are they all that” ? The telephone lines light up and he sits back considering the next hour of the show sorted.

Insightful, it is not. 

6 hours ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

Each to their own old chap, Is the Ulysses your refer to the Novel by James Joyce or the Poem by Lord Tennyson !!